If you had 2-3 days, would you go to HH at XMas or NYE?

mouseclick1

DIS Veteran
We are planning a Christmas 2003 trip to WDW. I was thinking of adding a short stay at HH either on the way there or on the way back. Our options would be to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas day at HH, then head down to Orlando, or go to HH for NYE and NY day after we leave Orlando. I am kind of torn because NYE at WDW would be a blast, but a quiet celebration at HH also sound nice. And it would be a great way to rest up after a busy week at the parks. Our boys will be 12 and 14 by the time of the trip. Any input?

Well, we're going to HH for New Years, but this is our first time, so I am just keeping my fingers crossed!

:jester:

We spent Christmas 2000 at WDW. Drove to HH and was there for the 23rd and 24th. Arrived at WDW on the 24th and stayed through the 30th.

As teachers we enjoyed th two days at HH to "gear down" form our students. I would do it that way again in the future.

I guess the answer depends on how much you want to experience WDW. It is my understanding that NYE is, historically, an extremely crowded day. It is my further understanding that it is more crowded, usually, than Christmas. So, if you simply want the excitement of MANY people with you on NYE, much like Times Square, then you would go to HH for Christmas. Conversely, if you prefer a (MUCH) quieter NYE, then I would go to HH for NYE.

NYE at HH does seem to be popular, but the layout of the resort is conducive to a restful time. We will be there this NYE, and hope to make it a family tradition!

:jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter