If you got upgrade to SSR/OKW... read this

LuvMy3Monkeys

Mouseketeer
we received a 1br villa at SSR from our preferred room at all star movies. I have talked to two others who have got the upgrade. When looking at your confirmation email that now reads SSR or OKW, do you see a three letter code after your hotel name?

Example, mine reads Saratoga Springs Resort DVC- GEM

The other two people have said it reads SSR DVC- PEM and OKW-GEN

What do these codes mean? Could they have some sort of classification purpose that would show why some got upgraded and some didnt? :confused3

What would a GEM, GEN or PEM be?

Disney uses 3 letter codes for discounts-- i'm pretty sure that's what those are.

Those are discount codes attached to the reservation.

I also have GEM, and yeah, I assumed it was the discount code they applied.

GEM = 1 bedroom SSR
GEN = 1 bedroom OKW
PEM = studio SSR
PEN = studio OKW

These are assumptions... if more people report in, we could see if they're right or not.

GEM = 1 bedroom SSR
GEN = 1 bedroom OKW
PEM = studio SSR
PEN = studio OKW

These are assumptions... if more people report in, we could see if they're right or not.

I'm a GEM too :banana:

GEM = 1 bedroom SSR
GEN = 1 bedroom OKW
PEM = studio SSR
PEN = studio OKW

The PEM got the same room as we did, a 1br... and ....

Bring up the first confirmation I see GEM, bringing up my second one which shows that I paid off my balance yesterday... it says GEN.

Hmmm...

All Disney reservations usually have some sort of cryptic letters at the end - they don't always represent a discount code, but other things as well. (Don't know what they are, either).

I love this guessing game! Let me get into the sea of WDW encrypted ressies world!!!:rotfl2:

Mine - GEN - SSR 1BR

One more question - can any of you pull up your ressie the WDW website? Somehow the system cannot display my ressie since last week after I have upgraded.

Mine is a 1-br at SSR and says GEN. I have not paid off my trip yet.

Try this one...it is after a name on the reservation- PLEASE NOTE: -CNCTRM

any prior/current CM's?

I was only able to get 2 studios at SSR & the codes for both reservation say GEM. I keep calling for 1BR availability but nothing yet.

I love this guessing game! Let me get into the sea of WDW encrypted ressies world!!!:rotfl2:

Mine - GEN - SSR 1BR

One more question - can any of you pull up your ressie the WDW website? Somehow the system cannot display my ressie since last week after I have upgraded.

I have not been able to log in online to see ressies, I am able to log into favorites and itinerary but not "my vacation" where you actually enter your ressie #. This has been going on for at least a week. :confused3

Mine is a 1-br at SSR and says GEN. I have not paid off my trip yet.

Try this one...it is after a name on the reservation- PLEASE NOTE: -CNCTRM

any prior/current CM's?

I am not a CM but my guess would be- connecting room?

My reservation says: SARATOGA SPRINGS- GEN
MYW PKG + FREE DINE - DVC

And in the details under resort it just says 1 BD Villa Saratoga Springs

I did pay off my package before getting the offer and I did have a preferred room at POP. I didn't get the change until LATE - 7pm the night they released it.

Come on Sleuths! We can figure this out! Maybe :)

I had a standard room at POP and was upgraded to a studio at OKW. My trip was paid off long before the upgrade.

My invoice says: OLD KEY WEST- GEM / MYW PKG + FREE DINE - DVC

Thought I would share to help you figure this one out!

Mine - GEN - SSR 1BR

That's not good... I might put a call in to make sure everything is okay...

You got an email though, with your upgraded reservation, right?

Mine is OKW - GEM we got a studio in OKW, balance is still due! I like to think GEM is for Getting Extra Magic!!! LOL!

I couldn't pull my information up either, to request certain bldgs. So I had to call and my reservation is there just not accessible online???? Hmmmm?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter