If you ever stayed at POP Century....

debra1970

Mouseketeer
Staying at POP Century in a few weeks (yeah!!!) and I have read before that people request rooms on the end of the halls/for anybody that has stayed at POP, would you request and end room or does that sound stupid????

Deb

WE stayed there in October. My DW, DD, we loved it. Stayed in the 70s building room 323. IT was very quite, not far from the food court. You should try the frozen coke. Hope your family has as a great time. We are going back in January going to atay at POP again. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

We stayed at POP in August in the 60's section. We didn't do any room requests and no problems with noise.

We stayed at Pop Century during the week of July 4th, and had a great time!!!! We were in the 60s bldg (w/Mowgli & Baloo) and our room overlooked the kiddy pool (it was the 2nd to last room on the 3rd floor).

It was very quiet - we never heard any outside noise. Pop Century is a really nice place to stay - we're headed back in a few weeks!!!

Enjoy your stay!!!

I wonder how it will be decorated for Christmas?? We may stay there in 2 rooms in 3 weeks or the Poly for double the price for only one room...

We stayed there two weeks ago and were in a room near the elevators. It was VERY noisy, with lots of kids running by and yelling at all times of the morning and night. We loved POP, and will definitely stay there again and request a room at the end of the hall, far from the elevators.

We've stayed there a few times. I wouldn't worry about asking for an end room... I would concentrate on trying to get 70's B because it's very close to the food court and the bus stop.

Originally posted by dbail2
I wonder how it will be decorated for Christmas?? We may stay there in 2 rooms in 3 weeks or the Poly for double the price for only one room...

Pop is actually quite pretty for Christmas. There's a big tree in the lobby, small Christmas trees in the windows of the lounge, and garland hanging all over the food court. :teeth:

We stayed in an end room, room 1472. That's in the '50's A bldg. Kids would run down the hall all the time. We could hear them running the length of our room and then past our door. The little darlings.:mad:

we stayed there in february and loved it..no problems at all..we will be back there in three weeks!!!!

They should rename it from POP century to FLOP century.....nothing more then a flop house in my book or a glorified motel. The worst part was the rat traps in shrubs as you walked back from the lobby on the back side of 50's/////

You'll find rat traps at every Disney resort, not just the POP. I did not actually see a rat at the POP but I did at the Poly and CBR.

Rats come with the Palm trees.

Yes i understand about rats but come on......this is Disney...hide the darn things under a fake rock or something be a little imaginitve!!

Better rat traps than the dead rat I saw on the walkway from HM to Splash Mt during an enight!!:eek:

I stayed in the 70's building in room 336. It was a corner room and IMHO perfect location. It wasn't in the "preferred" buildings but in this resort none of the building are far away. The 70's buildings are literally right next to the "perferred" building. It took maybe 4 minutes to walk to the main building. If I ever return to Pop I would stay in the same building because it was sooo close.

Originally posted by djm99
I stayed in the 70's building in room 336. It was a corner room and IMHO perfect location.

Do you what the first number was? That would tell which building you were in...1st number is building, second is floor and the next is the room number....:)

Thanks!! Glad you enjoyed your stay so much! We did as well, in the 50's section :)

:wave:

p.s. DD is soooo cute!!!!!

We were in 1124 (50 section) In the center of the building close to the ice machine and elevators. Did not notice any noise.

We loved Pop when we were there in September and are going back in three weeks. I keep reading about how loud it was for some people and all I can say is we had the exact opposite experience. We heard *nothing* at all. I didn't even know we had neighbors until I saw the displays mousekeeping put in the windows. We were about half way down the hall in 60's, I think building A (had the Playdough can by the elevators). The only noisy/crowded area of the entire resort was the dining hall which seemed to always be packed. I'm hoping for 50's or 70's section this time, 80's and 90's seems to be rather far from Classic Hall (though not too far from the bus stops if you use the front walkways along the parking lot).

Originally posted by BaciBecky
Do you what the first number was? That would tell which building you were in...1st number is building, second is floor and the next is the room number....:)

Thanks!! Glad you enjoyed your stay so much! We did as well, in the 50's section :)

:wave:

p.s. DD is soooo cute!!!!!

Building B. They house room number 0101-0475 and we were in 0336 - a corner room. Maybe this will help better....

My Pop Century Map

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter