• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you don't pay the balance...

This is a better fit for the Resorts board, so I've moved this thread there. :)

Don't know about the ressies, but I'll be thinking about you and your Mom in my prayers tonight.

Your Mom (or you if you have medical power of attorney) can actually go and pick up the results before seeing your doctor. Three out of four of my grandparents had/have cancer and my Mom (she has medical power of attorney) picks up their results before they even go back to the doctor. We always knew/know what the results are before the follow up appt.

I'll keep your Mom in my prayers. I HATE cancer and one of my biggest wishes is for a cure to be found someday soon!

I don't have any answers for you regarding the payment situation, but I just wanted to say that you and your mother are in my prayers.

I know how nerve wracking the test-results-waiting-game can be. I hope it all works out for you, not only with the test results but also with the vacation. :hug:

I would not cancel but ask if you can rebook the vacation w/ that deposit. I'm thinking you can reschedule one time, if something comes up. I'd call again & speak w/ someone else to see what all the options are. I have never had a problem. They have the best service out of any co. I've ever known.

ALSO, you may STILL be able buy vacation insurance. I think you can purchase it up to a few days before final payment. This might be a good idea for your situation. Other co. offer insurance that might cover ur WDW trip besides WDW trav. co. Just use google to see. I'd check to make sure what it covers.

Shan- thank you... you would think after all of these years, we would have known this!

I do have the WDW trip insurance, but someone said that would only cover it if someone in our party is sick, not a parent.

I am really hoping that we find out something tomorrow.

My mom has already purchased "Luau" decorations for a celebration party of her good results... I am almost certain that her positive thinking and the many prayers are what have gotten us through!

Thank you again for all of your prayers.
I will update you when we know something!
:love::love::love:

Hi there
Having survived cancer twice ( ovarian and breast ) I totally understand your turmoil. The not knowing is the toughest part. Your mom sounds very optomistic and positive. Kudos to her ! Wish I could be there for the "luau", cuz it's going to happen ! With all these prayers and good wishes , how can it not ? IMHO Disney is very understanding and caring , and I think that if you explain all of the cicumstances , they would support you ( to support her ). Even if Disney doesn't come through for you , remember that "life is 1% what you're dealt , and 99% how you deal with it" . You CAN do it ! Prayers and best wishes to you all.

We had paid our trip in full when I found out my mom had bladder cancer and needed surgery right away. Our trip was 3 weeks away. I contacted Disney and they had me fax a letter from her physician stating her diagnosis and treatment. We got a full refund. I must say they were wonderful. The airline not so much.

I also want to send prayers & good vibes your way! I really admire your mother's positive attitude!!! Best wishes for your mom & for a great trip!

:cheer2::banana::love::cool1::flower3::woohoo:

Whoop,whoop!

Just got the results and all is well!

*sigh of relief*

Thank you all so much for your prayers and support!
Looks like I need to call and make that final payment today!

What wonderful news!! I'm so happy to hear that.

Btw, Disney is very accommodating with their payment schedule. We had some issues prior to our trip last year. I called them, and they allowed me to make my final payment like 18 days before the trip. You just have to call and let them know. Your reservation doesn't get automatically cancelled. The accounting dept has to manually cancel it. That's what I was told.

Anyway, again, I'm so happy for your family. Have a great trip!!!!

Just started reading your thread and was so happy to hear how well your Mom has done, prayed for good results from scan. It made me cry to hear all is well with your Mom. I am in my 3rd week of Chemo(stomach cancer) and have a long way to go but your story gives me hope and strength. Have a wonderful trip and celebration. I will be booking as soon as treatments end. :banana:

Whoop,whoop!

*sigh of relief*

:cheer2::cheer2::banana: So happy everything is okay !!Now go & enjoy yourselves at WDW :goodvibes:goodvibes I am glad your Mom got good news :goodvibes

Just started reading your thread and was so happy to hear how well your Mom has done, prayed for good results from scan. It made me cry to hear all is well with your Mom. I am in my 3rd week of Chemo(stomach cancer) and have a long way to go but your story gives me hope and strength. Have a wonderful trip and celebration. I will be booking as soon as treatments end. :banana:

You are in my prayers.
Stay strong.

Whoop,whoop!

*sigh of relief*

Just checking back & I'm glad to see the good news!! Have a great time!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter