If you don't like Ohana

Waiting over half an hour to be seated for a 8pm ADR. We were tired and starving at that late hour, anticipating a huge meal. The only entertainment we saw/heard was a coconut race. I have heard that they give out leis. If that is true, we didn't get any. :confused3
The meat and shrimp were very overdone. Just about unedible. The dumplings were OK and the bread pudding very good so that was really all we ate. After all the hype and money spent, it was a huge letdown. :sad2:

I used to LOVE Ohana. The last time I went I waited close to an hour for an 8:40 reservation, the food was meh, the service was really slow, I was so disappointed as it was one of my favorite meals and I had a WDW newb with me who got to listen to me rave about how great it is leading up to the trip. I feel like it's gone downhill.

I really hate to be a negative Nelly, but I was so disappointed. We went there last week and I will say I loved the bread and the bread pudding. The food was luke warm (even the noodles) they brought it all out so fast and furious we couldn't have enjoyed it even if it was hot. The service is not the best I have had at Disney either. It wasn't awful, but our server just vanished and we waited 20 minutes for our check. Sad to say we won't be back. It was one of the meals I was SOOOO looking forward to.:(

We go every time. We love the experience - even the entertainment - but the food....not so much... the meats are just low quality to me - overdone, even when asked for medium steak - the shrimp are almost always way overcooked... Every time we have been, I always feel rushed, the servers are literally running around to keep up with demand and look exhausted. We like the apps and dessert, though...

I would rather spend the money eating at a local Brazilian Steakhouse - but if I'm on free dinning, I'd book O'hana.

Never been for breakfast, but we are thinking of trying it this time - to cross it off our Disney been there done that list.

Sunday, Monday actually! That's actually the only thing we don't like about Ohana. First trip we happened to have a Sunday, so it wasnt until trip 2 that we had the lady. Last time we specifically booked for Monday for this reason. We find the guy to be much calmer and quieter and makes for a more enjoyable experience.

That explains it! We just went for the first time Monday night and we saw no ukulele lady. The funniest part about the whole thing was how the parents with small kids overflowed the hula lesson area. They were so close, crowding around my DS16's chair I thought they were going to knock him over practicing their papaya moves. DS was oblivious until DD told him to look behind him, just in time to see some guy gyrating...it made him laugh so hard he had tears streaming down his face!

None of us really loved the food though. Everything seemed sweet to me - the bread was sweet, the salad dressing and mandrin oranges were sweet, the lo mein noodles were sweet (I usually LOVE lo mein - not this kind though). I prefer savory to sweet when it comes to dinner food. DD liked the potstickers & chicken, DS liked the pork. No one liked the wings or shrimp. The dessert was a hit. Our server was terrific!

In addition, we felt bad about all the waste...the portions were so big we barely made a dent in them and we are pretty big eaters.

I've done breakfast here 3 times, all 3 we waited at least an hour AFTER our ADR time and the staff have been just OK. Nothing special...just hi, here's your food thanks by. We've always had to flag our server down if we've wanted something.

On the other hand we've always had excellent food and character interaction. We'll probably give it a rest for breakfast for a while, but I WOULD love to try it for dinner one day

The quality of the food has gone way down over the years. (dinner) It is sad but true. I MIGHT try & take my hubby here since he's never been but I'm not sure it is worth it....:confused3

My family loves OHana! We have always gone at night about 45 min or a hour before Wishes and asked for a table by the window. We love the food . Especially dessert but really live that we get to watch wishes with the music piped in while we eat dessert! It's a favorite. My boys and dh are big meat eaters and I think dh only complaint was he was looking forward to the shrimp but wasn't impressed he had to peel it lol

I have never been to Ohana, but I want to try it someday. I have read so many good or decent reviews and just think it sounds like a neat atmosphere. But I'm not so sure about coconut races etc? I didn't realize all this happens in here. How does this work and what exactly happens? I would be very upset if strangers were leaning on my table or hitting my shins with broomsticks!!!:guilty:

The broomstick races happen in the middle of the restaurant just once while your eating lol nobody leans on your table and if you don't want to participate you just don't and continue to eat the yummy food and enjoy the awesome atmosphere !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter