• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you don't get a cabana on CC.....

definitely keep trying and try when you get on the boat. The thing is it costs nothing to reserve but that price gets real when its time to sail and you will find that people cancel

Once you're aboard you can ask to be placed on the waitlist in case someone cancels their cabana. The cancellation policy is 24 hours and often people check the weather forecast and decide to cancel if it doesn't look promising enough to spend the money for it. What ship are you sailing on? The Magic and Wonder are smaller so less people on CC and less competition to get a cabana :-) . Once you're off the ship at CC there is a bit of a walk to the tram stations, so if that will be a problem with his mobility issues I would also recommend talking to guest services and they will provide him with a ride from the ship to the tram station. Good Luck and as others have mentioned keep trying for the cabana.

I feel like a big part of your question is about the actual chairs. FWIW on the beach the chairs/loungers are exactly the same at the cabanas vs not.

Up at the cabana there's a big furniture-type lounger thing, but I doubt if it's much higher than the beach ones. And there were stairs up to the cabana after walking there (we were taken there on a golf cart, but after that we were on our own), then maybe stairs going down, and a path to the beach. I'm not sure how much of a difference there is for a cabana, in terms of being rough on knees.

(had a cabana once, that's enough for me! nothing of value (using "value" to mean "what you get for the money") in it for me!)

Yes, you are right. I appreciate your comments, it helps a lot! Thanks!

Just to clarify, the furniture in the cabanas is nothing like the lounge chairs on the beach. Much easier on those os us with picky knees. Cabana 1 has no stairs at all. Both entrances are ramped. The cabanas we've had on the adult beach did have more stairs. Cabana 2 has only a couple stairs IIRC.
Good to know, thanks!!!

How many does a Cabana hold? Is it possible to split it with a family or 2?
The base price on the Family beach cabanas covers up to 6 people. Additional people (maximum of 10) may be added at a cost of $50 each (plus VAT). The Grand Cabana basic price is for 10, with a maximum of 16 for additional cost.

On Serenity Bay the cabanas base price covers 4 people, max 10 for additional cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter