If you depart a day earlier than your hotel ressie states, will there be any issues?

frannn

<font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread
Just realized we have an extra day at the end of our August AS Music reservation. We have to leave a day earlier than planned so DD13 doesn't miss her first day of school. We are booked with BB free dining so we are only paying for the room and the upgrade to the regular dining plan, no extra ticket cost or anything else I can think of. If we wanted, could we keep the extra day on our reservation to get the meal credits and just do the automatic check out? We aren't using ME. The likelihood is we wouldn't do this, but my analytical mind is wondering if it is an option. We would much prefer adding a day at the start of the ressie, but the first day of the bounceback promo is the day we arrive.

With a prepaid room, hotels don't care if you leave a day early.

You don't want to call and have your reservation reduced by one day?

With a prepaid room, hotels don't care if you leave a day early.

You don't want to call and have your reservation reduced by one day?

Have they backed off on their nonsense where they wouldn't let you change a reservation by reducing the days? For a while this spring they were being pretty hard nosed with that.

I don't know why not. The only issue I see is that on our last trip, I think they did slip check out docs under the door, so there would be papers with some of your information left there on the floor, but housekeeping would likely just throw them away when they clean the room. I don't know why you couldn't just go to the desk and check out the day before whenever you are ready so that the documents aren't left under the door the next morning. You will have paid for that night already so you should be able to do it any time of day (wouldn't worry about check out time since you already paid for the room that night). I don't know with the dining credits how it would work if you wanted to use them after you went to the desk and checked out the day before, you would think since you paid you would still get them, but, if it were me, I would just wait and check out right before we are leaving Disney property to head home.

Have they backed off on their nonsense where they wouldn't let you change a reservation by reducing the days? For a while this spring they were being pretty hard nosed with that.
Wow, what a great policy! I hadn't heard that. Maybe the OP can have a family emergency on the second to last day and receive a room credit. ;)

Wow, what a great policy! I hadn't heard that. Maybe the OP can have a family emergency on the second to last day and receive a room credit. ;)

You can rebook, subject to availability at your room rate. But they would not make a change to a reservation. We needed to drop off 2 nights and were flat out refused. We had to rebook in a different room category since nothing was left in the discount pool for what we had.

I actually had to leave a day early in 2010. I made it clear I just needed to check out a day early due to a family issue back home and wasn't asking for any refunds. Disney ended up refunding me a few weeks later anyway. Was pretty cool!

I think what that all boils down to is that if you are expecting a refund, certain places would likely freeze over before that would happen and justifiable so. They reserved the place for you and perhaps passed on the opportunities to rent it out to someone else. It isn't a prison, you can leave anytime you want too. You paid for the room so you can leave it empty if you so desire as long as it's paid for. They truly won't care a stitch about that happening. Like I said, just don't expect to get a refund, I doubt very highly that is going to happen.

We just had a trip at the end of Dec/Jan staying at Pop and had to check out a day early due to DD getting sick. We also thought we might have to leave early because my DH's grandmother was in the hospital so we let them know on arrival, I inquired about how it works and if we would get a refund for day's not used and the CM said we would need to speak with a manager and it's at their discretion. I stopped at the desk the day before we wanted to check out (one day early) and they said it wasn't a problem to drop by the desk the morning of, I did and they put the cost of the night towards the room balance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter