If you cruise on points, options to get to ship from airport?

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by Doctor P, Mar 18, 2002.

1. Doctor P

Doctor P <font color=navy><font color=navy>Chocolate covere

Jan 24, 2000
    My guess is that we will probably drive down when we take our DVC cruise next summer, but if we chose to fly how do you get to the ship from the airport? Can you purchase the DCL cruise transportation separately? Is there another bus or something, or do you have to rent a car?
  2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. Eeyore2U

Eeyore2U I'm the one you talk about. I rain on parades and

May 21, 2001
    Tiffany Towncar will take you. Not sure how much.
  4. ripleysmom

ripleysmom Lucas and Ripley's mom!

Apr 29, 2000
    You can purchase DCL transfers. You can take Car Service. You can also rent a car and return it by the Port.
  5. sgtpet

sgtpet DIS Veteran

Jul 18, 2001
    How much are the DCL transfers?
  6. TnRobin

TnRobin <font color=red>My body may be back in Nashville,

Aug 18, 1998
    I seem to remember that they use to be around $50 to $55 per person.

We usually rent two one-way rentals from AVIS for less than $50 each way (plus gas and tolls). This way we are on our own schedule and not Disney's. After the cruise we took the car to Vero Beach to check it out.

The AVIS location in Port Canaveral is about 1 mile from the terminal and they offer complimentary transportation from AVIS to Disney Terminal.

We have also used tiffany towncar. This was about $200 for the roundtrip.
  7. disneydawn6

disneydawn6 Waiting for my next Diney Fix

Apr 4, 2001
    I rented a car from Hertz at the airport and brought it to Cocoa beach where they had a complimentary shuttle to the Port... We did spend a few days before at WDW though. Less then $50 each way... Of course we stopped at WDW on the way back before our plane left too since the ship gets in at 8am and our plane didn't leave till 5pm....
  8. RRBB

RRBB <font color=3333FF>I think I'm in the mood for Ton

Oct 19, 2001
    Both times we went on the cruise we took the Disney buses and never had any problem. The cruiseline picks up your checked luggage directly from the plane (provided you've put the provided luggage tags on it) so it's just you, your kids (I'm including DH in this) and your carry-ons. Just look for the cruiseline folks inside the airport to direct you to the buses. They're all wearing blue blazers, so you can't miss 'em. :) The cost when we went on the cruise last October was $46/each for this door-to-door service.