If you could stay anywhere for one night...

uagirl

Mouseketeer
My DH and I are heading back to Disney World in January. It is just the two of us. We are checking into the WL on Jan 18, but will be arriving the afternoon of the 17. We need somewhere to stay for that night. I would like to stay somewhere in the park, since this is only DH's second trip. I have stayed at the Poly, GF, and WL. Any suggestions?

AKL-We stayed back in 06 and loved it. Nothing like waking up and looking out the window and seeing animals.

Well, I was going to say GF because I've never been there and I'm dying to try it out, but since you've already stayed there, I'll go with my second choice (assuming money is no object, of course....):

MK Tower View at the Contemporary. :love:

If it were me I would stay at a value or mod for one night and then change over to the WL

CR

and becasue i am a dork :surfweb: :confused:

it would be a suite in the wing.
( i do not need a MK view, i know i am very close to it:cloud9: )

I would love to try the Contemporary--assuming the construction would not be in my way.

I would like to try the Yacht and Beach Club and would suggest that. Been looking at many photos and it looks amazing!

Agree with PP on AKL for one night. Such great theming. Not only is it awesome to wake up and see the animals (which you can do from hallway windows, you don't even need Savannah view for one night), also great dining choices, and the excellent fireplace seating area.

YC/BC would also be good for change of theming and pace from WL.

If you want to be in the park I would suggest the Poly or the Contemporary (we don't care for the GF at all). Truthfully, for one night I'd just stay at a value or a mod for the expense of it.

If it were me I would stay at a value or mod for one night and then change over to the WL

I personnaly would stay at a value. All the other suggestions are great but remember they come at a high price. To me if I had to wait until around 4 or so to check in and check out by 11, I would stay in the most inexpensive place I could. Why waste the money on a deluxe or even moderate for that matter only to stay basically a few hours? You can always visit the other deluxe hotels and get almost the same effect as staying for just 1 night. Just my thoughts.

By the way, WL is my favorite!! Lucky you!!!

If I were to ever get to go to the world alone with my DH and had the money :)

AKL Concierge level and would treat him to the sunrise safari on Sunday morning. If the money is a problem then I still would go to AKL (great hot tubs, they can be very private).

I'd love to stay at AKL, but for convenience I'd probably pick a monorail resort. I think Poly would be fun to stay at. I've stayed at CR and it was nice -but nothing fancy.

Are you looking to stay at a resort that would really impress your husband, or are you just looking for a place to sleep the first night? The answer has a big effect on my opinion. Let's say you really want to stay in a cool place to impress your husband: I'd choose YC, BWI, or CR tower MK view. I'm leaning towards BWI or YC because you will be moving to WL which is a resort near MK, so I thought it would be cool to stay in an Epcot resort (BWI or YC) for the first night to check out that area. We LOVE the Epcot resort area. You can stroll on the boardwalk for entertainment, restaurants, shopping, Espn Club....you can walk right to the Epcot countires for a nice dinner.....you can walk or boat to HS. It's amazing!

Of course, if you'd rather be in the MK area for the first night, then I chose CR tower MK view because that view will totally impress your husband, I think. You can watch Wishes right from your balcony.

If you are simply looking for a place to sleep the first night before you move to WL, then I'd probably look at POR. It's a moderate-level resort and has a very romantic setting. Its sister resort, POFQ is nice as well (and smaller).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter