If you could only eat/drink one thing at WDW...

gacallaghan

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

Only 7 days till we fly from London to Orlando so my attention is turning to the finer details! It has been 6 years since my last visit so keen to hear what food/drink/snacks are on people's must do list. I'm also keen to hear about foods/drinks/snacks which can only e found in one location either in a park or resort. We'll be resort hopping so please don't just limit ideas to parks.

So far I have:
  • Carrot Cake Cookie from Writers Stop, Hollywood Studios
  • Dole Whip from Aloha Isle, Magic Kingdom
  • Grey Gooose Slushie from France, Epcot
Thanks!

Last edited:
MK-- Dole Whip, Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake at Liberty Tree Tavern, Le Fou's Brew
HS-- Butterfinger cupcake at Starring Rolls
AK-- I'd go to Flame Tree to experience pulled pork since that's likely something you can't get easily in the UK, although it's not something we do every trip
Epcot-- Strawberry Shortcake at Sunshine Seasons, Schoolbread in Norway and pizza at Via Napoli.

Frozen Chai or Cappuccino at Royal Anandapur Tea Company in Asia at AK.
Crispy Honey Chicken at Yak & Yeti in Asia at AK.
Banana Toffee Cake on cocoa crunch and strawberry banana pearls (small, part of dessert trio--but you could get 3 of these instead of mixing it up) in the Hollywood Brown Derby at HS.
Angus Bacon Cheeseburger with Onion Straws at Backlot Express at HS.
Lobster Bisque at Chefs de France, France Pavilion WS/EP.
Pomegranate sorbet at L'Artisan des Glaces, France Pavilion WS/EP.
Chicken Shawarma Platter at Tangierine Cafe, Morocco Pavilion WS/EP.
Blood Orange Margarita at La Cava del Tequila, Mexico Pavilion WS/EP.

You really, really didn't expect us to limit it to just one thing did you!!!:D:D:D

Have a great time and safe travels! I have to wait until December, but can't wait!!!

First, hope you have a great trip. We'll be there the same time and I can hardly contain myself. A few of my favs:

AK - Bloody Mary's @ Dawa Bar (I like the African one, but I've heard they are all good), Dole Whip w/Rum @ Tamu Tamu, and cream cheese wontons from Yak n Yeti
MK - Spicy Chicken Waffle Sandwich @ Sleepy Hollow and Cream Cheese Pretzel from the lunch pad
Epcot - Avocado Margarita @ La Cava and Cronut from the lunching pad

The escargots at Chef de Paris (Epcot). Seriously. I dream about them. DH was so vocal about how much he liked them that everyone around us ordered them as well.

AK - mango frozen beverage at Royal Anandapur Tea Company across from Y&Y counter (also at Joffrey's outside the AK gate)
Disney Marketplace - Holiday sandwich at Earl of Sandwich

Lots of other good stuff but these two I'm making a beeline for when I go back.

Pot roast mac and cheese at Friar's Nook in MK. It's just about the best thing I've had at any of the places I've eaten at in WDW. There's been a day or three where I may have had it twice in a day. I may also have hopped from another park to MK just to get it. So delicious!

Resorts:
Zebra Domes from the Mara or Boma at AKL
Lapu Lapu from the Polynesian
Potstickers from 'Ohana
Bread pudding from 'Ohana
Noodles from 'Ohana

MK:
Churros (although these can be found elsewhere as well)

EP:
ANY Margarita from LA Cava

HS:
Anything from Starring Roles

AK:
Bonsai Blast from Yak&Yeti

DTD:
Tri-colored tortellini with chicken from T-Rex

You got mine already, dole whip!

I don't have anything else that I MUST have, but the best is to just skip lunch from time to time and snack yourself around the parks!

OH! I remembered one.....we just discovered this last year, caramel/candy apples! They cut them for you if you would like and having a slice or 2 while you are relaxing or taking a quick break.....great to share, it leaves you wanting more so you can get another one later in the day!

My first thought was the Lighthouse Sandwich from Columbia Harbor House.

My second thought was the Tartine Aux Fromage from the Boulangerie in France.

And lastly, I remembered the Nudel Gratin from the German Pavilion. Yum!

Oh, honorable mention to the Toffee Cake from Liberty Tree Tavern and the Bread Pudding at Boma for breakfast. I'm not even much of a sweets eater and those were amazing.

I really want to have a customized ice cream cookie sandwich!!! The kids are looking forward to the fruit and Nutella waffle sandwich at Sleep Hollow, and Husband likes the turkey legs.

First thing that came to mind was a pressed pot of coffee at AK (both Bma and Jiko had them). I am not big on WDW coffee and the addition of Starbuck's doesn't help because I am not crazy about their coffee either. But the pressed pot - heaven!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter