• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If You Could Meet 1 Retired Disney Character?

I would love to be able to meet and get a picture with all of the Lost Boy's and Pan together! AHHHH!

We met Tarzan in 2010 outside of AK. We also met all the princes, including Flynn & his smolder, 7 Dwarves, & Scrooge @ MVMCP this year. I was just saying that Oswald should be in the park w his GF. I am also onboard for Meg and the Robin Hood crew. Oh, and Jiminy & the 3 fairies, too.

I know you can (or at least used to be able to) meet Marie around France in EPCOT but does anyone know if Berlioz and Toulouse are ever out and about for meet and greet? I LOVE Berlioz!! I wanted to name our cat Berlioz, as he is black, but DH named him Ninja when he registered him at the vet!! I would love to meet Berlioz but all 3 kittens would be a dream come true!

I, too, am partial to Berlioz ;)

Characters JUST premiered in Paris for 4 days starting Valentine's Day. No word yet if they'll become regulars, or if they'll come state side.

Disney Character Central

8487787773_ab3e6087b9.jpg

Other than releasing it on blu-ray (yes I know it's probably been debated to within an inch of its existence)

I'd love it if they'd have a lickle corner of MK kept for story time with Uncle Remus

:)

I would love that!!!! I wish they would bring it back!

I'd love to see Roger Rabbit or any Muppets....
Flynn Ryder....I don't know if he's considered "retired" but he's never out when we are there!

I would super love Bernard & Bianca too! (I just keep thinking of more!;))
Oh! And Basil from Great Mouse Detective!

SnapesGirl said:
I guess he's technically not retired since he appears at the parties, but I would love to meet Flynn Rider if he was available for regular appearances! After Aladdin, he's my favorite male Disney character *swoon* :cloud9:

Mmmmm...Flynn Rider...

Great thread btw!
For me, top three would be:
1) Abby Mallard (saw her twice but it would be nice to see her again!)
2) Meg
3) Miss Piggy
:coffee:

Another vote for Bear in the Big Blue House! I have some of my fondest memories watching my nows teenager dancing around, and little soft voices singing, "Where oh where oh where is Shadow?":sad: I would probably cry myself silly if we found him in the park!

Another vote for Bear in the Big Blue House! I have some of my fondest memories watching my nows teenager dancing around, and little soft voices singing, "Where oh where oh where is Shadow?":sad: I would probably cry myself silly if we found him in the park!

Voting for Bernard and Bianca as well. Love the Rescuers!

He did for a few years I believe in Animal Kingdom with Jane after the film came out in 1999. Remember Tarzan Rocks! (Was where Nemo is now) was also in Animal Kingdom.

Tarzan, Jane and Terk appear at the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party each year. Terk typically appears with Tarzan or Jane all night (with Tarzan and Jane alternating) but I lucked out and got all 3!

AHHH JANE!!!! I NEED to see her! I don't get excited for characters in the parks because I feel like I've seen them all, I guess these parties need to be a higher priority on my list of Disney things to do... Can I meet Maleficent there?

I would love Max, Gus Gus, Bianca and Bernard, Basil, anyone from Ducktales, Kanga and Roo, Robin Hood...

I originally said I met Lumiere in Disneyland Paris but I just checked and apparently he doesn't meet guests??? So either I dreamed it or made it up... Hm :confused:

I would also be thrilled to meet Jack Kelly (even if it's not Christian Bale) and the Newsies. Guess that's not a retired character seeing as they haven't ever met in the parks to my knowledge. But I keep thinking they should bring a Newsies show to DHS. It would be perfect! It could easily replace that Disney Channel Rocks thing they have now. They already have the Red Car Newsboys at DCA, wouldn't be too hard to bring that to DHS and make it straight-up Newsies without the other storyline...

Yes! I second Newsies!! It is one of my favorite movies and I randomly sing songs from it all the time! :thumbsup2

I think it is getting a little more attention now that it is on Broadway. Didn't they perform during the televised Christmas Parade? I know I saw a promo for it, but missed the parade itself.

Darkwing Duck. Dressed up as him as a kid.

I remember about 13 years ago when I was 18 I saw Darkwing making his exit behind a fence at HS and waving goodbye. I thought, Whoa. Darkwing! I'll get his autograph when he comes back.

Never saw him again...

I know this is an older thread but I did a search and it's the closest most recent thing I could find searching for an answer...

I've been familiarizing myself with all the characters for my upcoming trip and ran across a site called character central, there are hundreds of characters between all the Disney parks and there are dozens I've never seen in any of the trip reports or pictures. Many of them are listed as rare, retired, haven't been seen in the parks for years, etc.

What does Disney do with the retired characters?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter