If you could live in one vacation spot for 1 year, everything paid

It'd be Disney somehwere, but it's a hard decision! The Contemporary Resort is my dream resort and maybe that would be good, but I also think maybe a stay at the Grand Californian in Anaheim would be good. I could stay Hotel Miracosta at Tokyo DisneySea too, but I'm not sure I'd want to live in Japan for a full year. Orlando is closest to home, so I feel like I'm leaning toward that, though I think I wouldn't want to live at the Contemporary full-time, so maybe one of those treehouse bungalow things or somewhere that's a little more "homey" so to speak.

I think London--so much history and culture to explore. There are other cities like that (Paris, Rome, etc.) but for me it would be London.

I am not well traveled as I am not well financed. I've been to Disney, Ocean City, and Myrtle beach as far as normal vacation destinations go.

My kind of people, our vacation destinations is the journey not the final destination. I would say everywhere because it would be on my motorcycle with the tent packed.

HI. Can’t decide which island though.

I dunno. I've known a few people who grew up in Hawaii. Said it gets tiring after a while getting in to a car and finding yourself in the same place in an hour. She was from Oahu though.

Clear Lake Resort, Oregon, up on the Santiam pass junction...summer time the cafe is open with oregon blackberry pies, fresh burgers. cafe floating on the edge of the clear lake. no motor boats, rent a row boat, watch an osprey, feel and hear and sea the afternoon warm winds. sitting on the porch of a cabin built when your grandfather was a kid, the smell of warming sap as you shell peanuts to eat and hand out to the chipmunks. Bike paths and trails, fresh trout and smores around the community camp fire. Winter time.....cross country skiing and shelves of novels to read. Sisters , oregon a short summer drive ...just to feel the crowds pressing at the sidewalks....and how lucky you are to have a porch of weathered wood, shoulder to shoulder full of chipmunks.

Never on my list but this sounds lovely.

If you want nightlife and action Oahu. If you want things more rustic, laid back, and varied the big Island.

Yeah, I’ve been to all the (major) islands multiple times and pretty familiar with the “lay of the land”!

I would steer clear of Waikiki and would choose something like the Big Island (still can’t pick a side) or the Nepali Coast on Kauai.

I dunno. I've known a few people who grew up in Hawaii. Said it gets tiring after a while getting in to a car and finding yourself in the same place in an hour. She was from Oahu though.

My wife and I talked about semi retiring in HI and that was both a pro and a con! What’s nice is you can visit Kona And drive across to Volcano and it’s a brand new experience.

My wife and I talked about semi retiring in HI and that was both a pro and a con! What’s nice is you can visit Kona And drive across to Volcano and it’s a brand new experience.

I dont know, do they have cream sticks there ?

Been there. Done that. Was great for two days, but any longer and I don't know if I could have handled it. When we arrived in Hilo the rain was insane. But I understand it's much drier on the Kona coast.

I thought about trying something crazy like driving on Saddle Road. It's supposed to be a lot better than when we were there and avoided it.

Monteverde, Costa Rica.
:scratchin That might actually be do-able for the average person, depending on their circumstances. The cost of living is apparently extremely reasonable by our standards and it's the safest and most politically stable country in Central America. A quick google turns up that temporary residency (required for stays longer than 90 days) doesn't seem very hard to qualify for; it's mostly just a matter of providing proof-of-income and paying a fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter