If you could live anywhere in the US, where would you live?

Los Angeles.

But, I would like to move back to Marina del Rey. I lived there for 10 years and I just miss it so much.

I love where we live now. If I didn't have to work I would move to the Gulf coast of FL near a larger city- maybe in the Clearwater/Tampa area. I couldn't live too far from entertainment venues.

I would love Hawaii too. Never to hot.

But I would move to Savannah Georgia from Thanksgiving to May 1.
Wisconsin from May 1 to Thanksgiving.
I would find a better town to live in, my town is slowly loosing all it's services.

In the San Juan islands of Washington - but wait, we DID buy a house there hehehe.

As soon as DH's military service here in San Diego is done, we're OUTTA HERE!

Dh wants San Diego, I want a condo in Manhattan. So when we will MegaMillions tonight we will split the difference.;)

Marin County, California (just north of San Francisco). Never too hot. No bugs. Never too cold. Beautiful scenery. Excellent access to outdoor activities and world class opera, theater, etc.

The only downside....EXPENSIVE!!!!

Well, this kinda sold me - the whole moderate temps and no bugs thing!

I'd love to say Maui, but I've never actually been there, so that's just going off the IDEA of Hawaii.

I guess I'd have to say coastal Maine in the summers and Key West, FL or Maui for the rest of the year .

Well, this kinda sold me - the whole moderate temps and no bugs thing!

I'd love to say Maui, but I've never actually been there, so that's just going off the IDEA of Hawaii.

I guess I'd have to say coastal Maine in the summers and Key West, FL or Maui for the rest of the year .

I don't know why people think Marin County is bug free. there may not be the big old mutant sized bugs people get in other parts of the country but between the ticks, mosquitos and fruit flies it's not totally devoid. I just read an article recently about the bed bug problems that have plagued san Francisco in recent years, and how Marin is working on the issue:scared:

:) Mostly family. My husband was born and raised here and all of his family is here. My parents live in Kentucky about an hour and a half away from us and the only people of mine left in Michigan is my sister and some cousins (and an aunt and uncle a couple of hours away).

My kids love Michigan and would love to live there, but my husband will never leave Kentucky (unless he was drawn away by a job, but it would have to be a very good job fit for him with a steep increase in salary).

Thanks Liberty Belle. :goodvibes Hard. I thought it was probably that. Well maybe one day. :thumbsup2

Dh wants San Diego, I want a condo in Manhattan. So when we will MegaMillions tonight we will split the difference.;)

What the heck is with wrong with him? :rotfl2: ;)

May we both get our Manhattan wish! :goodvibes Except I might just need some kind of card. Hmmm. :goodvibes ;)

I would want to live in Florida near Orlando and/or Tampa, and probably go someplace cooler in the summer.:)

I don't know why people think Marin County is bug free. there may not be the big old mutant sized bugs people get in other parts of the country but between the ticks, mosquitos and fruit flies it's not totally devoid. I just read an article recently about the bed bug problems that have plagued san Francisco in recent years, and how Marin is working on the issue:scared:

http://msmosquito.com/

The Marin/Sonoma Mosquito and Vector Control District is committed to protecting the health and welfare of the communities we serve from mosquitoes and vector-borne disease.

http://www.co.marin.ca.us/depts/hh/news/westnile_marin_task_force_final_english_5-13.pdf

What is Marin County Doing to Fight WNV?
There are two ways to help detect and control
WNV in Marin: Surveillance and Mosquito
Control.
Surveillance
involves testing mosquitoes,
chickens and dead birds for WNV to detect the
virus as early as possible. Humans and horses
that show signs of Encephalitis are also tested.

There are plenty of bugs in Marin, as well as various birds, bats, etc that feed on them.

ARE YOU RAISING MOSQUITOES IN YOUR BACKYARD?
http://msmosquito.com/sites/default/files/brochures/AYRM-2011_0.pdf

YELLOWJACKETS
http://msmosquito.com/sites/default/files/brochures/MSM-Yellowjackets_0.pdf

I personally like this one:

TICKS OF MARIN & SONOMA COUNTIES
http://msmosquito.com/sites/default/files/brochures/MSM-Ticks-2012.pdf

DW has always talked about Savannah, GA, I have seen it mentioned here. I would be open to moving to the south but what about Savannah is so appealing?

I would go back to California, where I feel is home. I love the LA area, but dh doesn't like the busyness. I would even be willing to move out a ways if he would agree to move back.

I really got to do this.

I had a condo on the water in the San Francisco Bay area so when I sold it I could afford to live any where. I have lived in London, Sydney, San Francisco, New York, Dallas, Houston and lots of other places.

I am now in New Orleans which I adore. I live on the streetcar line on Saint Charles Avenue. No snow, no ice. Fabulous museums and wonderful food.

It's like living in a foreign country in many ways but yet still in the US.

Saint Charles Avenue is about 7 miles long. It's a small town within a big city. New Orleans can be a tough nut to crack socially but I know a lot of people from college so have many friends who have given me access to a lot of clubs, etc.

This is heaven. And not that far from WDW.

Todayas I freeze my buns off, I would choose anyplace warm. Hawaii is sounding nice right now.

Saint Joseph, Michigan, the town where I was born and raised. It has a little of everything, except mountains, and it's close to Chicago.

If you ever go back there and need a realtor, let me know. My inlaws are the real estate developers there.

If I was to move anywhere, I would probably live outside of Nashville, TN in Franklin. I'd have about 10 acres so the dogs could run and a big one story house with a wrap around porch and an porch swing on one side and rocking chairs on the other. Just another few years in this army life....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter