1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

If you could go back in time and meet just one person who would that be?

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by Disneyhenry, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Disneyhenry

Disneyhenry DIS Veteran

For me it has ALWAYS been Abraham Lincoln, of course I would love to meet my grandparents, but Abraham Lincoln, so strong, so smart, he has just always interest me, even when I was young. I enjoyed the movie, I would just love to see more of his life story on the big screen......
    Maybe because I am Native American and I would like to meet someone who made people be more open minded about different races.........
    Who would you like to meet and why?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. tasha99

tasha99 DIS Veteran

John Donne. I love his poetry and have always been fascinated by his life. I have always thought if I were able to go back in time, I would go back to 1623 when he was very ill. Of course, if I went back with penicillin, we'd lose the masterpieces he wrote during and after his illness, so that would be a bad idea.

4. Robbi

Robbi DIS Veteran

I can't choose 1:
    Plato and/or Julius Caesar

5. WDWBarb

WDWBarb I need a vacation.

It actually wouldn't be a celebrity. I've been fascinated by the life of a woman who built the house I lived in as a child. I would love to have met her. She died childless so there is little known about her today.

6. pkondz

pkondz Hoping to get lucky

I would go back in time to meet my younger self. And then I'd tell myself to just go up and ask her out. The worse that can happen is you'll be told no. :laughing:

7. Pooh67_68

Pooh67_68 <font color=teal>My head looked like a brillo pad<

Abraham Lincoln

8. eliza61

eliza61 http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/images

My great, great grandparents. They were slaves and I would love to know how they survived and what their lives were like.

9. Wall-E1

Wall-E1 Dis Dad

I'm torn - either Walt Disney or Mark Twain.

10. minkydog

minkydog DIS Cast Member

Ghandi. I would want to ask him how he taught himself to love and serve peace in the face of great hatred and chaos

11. lizabu

lizabu Disney Maniac

Jesus. There are some questions I'd like to ask him and some things I'd like to clarify.

12. Gumbo4x4

Gumbo4x4 Note to the ladies who forgot to

And then whoop his butt for allowing Pakistan to spin off of India :lmao:

I'd like to go back & meet Hitler in about 1936 and shoot him :thumbsup2

13. EMom

EMom <font color=red>Comes from a long line of all fork

I can think of a lot of famous people I'd want to meet, but if I was limited to family, I would meet my great grandfather or the married couple that came over on The Mayflower......but I guess that makes them famous. Okay, back to the great grandfather.

In the late 1880s/early 1890s, he went on horseback to visit relatives in Louisiana and on the way back, we went missing in The Badlands. He was never seen again and it was assumed he was murdered by one of the many outlaws there. It's a family mystery with no answer. I'd tell him to stay out of The Badlands. :eek:

14. luvmy3

luvmy3 <font color=green>When I drink I find its easier t

Anne Boleyn

15. Buckalew11

Buckalew11 2013 1/2 Marathon Finisher!!! Woohoo!!

Jesus and Harriet Tubman. I am fascinated (if that is the correct word) by the Underground Railroad and how brave the slaves were and how smart they were even w/o formal education and being suppressed by there owners and society. They rose above so much, I just have such respect that is beyond words.

16. lizabu

lizabu Disney Maniac

Your comment reminded me of this cartoon (I know it's earlier than you were thinking but it still makes you go hmmm)

[​IMG]

17. happygirl

happygirl DIS Veteran

18. Teresa Pitman

Teresa Pitman Disney Grandma

I'd love to meet Shakespeare. It fascinates me that his plays are still loved and enjoyed all these hundreds of years later, and (as a writer myself) I'd love to learn more about how he worked.

TP

19. Mkaz

Mkaz <font color=deeppink>Well, bust my buttons! That's

Famous: Laura Ingall's-Wilder

Family member: My dad. He passed when I was four years old and I barely remember him. I would love to hear the sound of his voice one more time. I don't remember it at all.

20. BeachGirlFLA

BeachGirlFLA DIS Veteran

Famous: Thomas Jefferson
    Non-famous: my mother's mother - she died while my mom was a college junior or my mother's father - he died when my mom was a college sophomore

21. belledujour85

belledujour85 Earning My Ears

Judy Garland
    Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
    Anne Frank

All different women yet I'm very fascinated by who they were and why they are still iconic today.