If you could do WDW any way...

You'll put on more than a couple of lbs on two weeks free dining my friend! I put on 5lb this summer and only had two deserts in two weeks and had three peices of fruit for 10 out of 14 quick service meals. Just saying......!

You won't be able to have free dining on a split stay. To qualify for free dining you need to buy tickets and hotel together and you can't have two hotels on one booking.

That's a shame. Our alternative then is to stay one week off property and enjoy the delights of sizzlers, olive garden and ponderosa...then go all out on property for a week. My friend who I think will be coming with me has never been to Orlando before so I think we would need to do at least a day at sea world, and probably 2 at universal now that harry potter is there.

It was weigh day this morning, in 3 weeks I've lost 13lbs. Still a long way to go, but even if I only lose 1lb a week from now until my goal weight that will only take me to summer next year, so I think 2018 will be our year!

I know flights are only 11 months ahead, but what is the generally accepted advance booking for accommodation and tickets? Beginning of next year for Oct 2018?

Would love to hear peoples opinions of AKL. Friend has decided that this sounds like her favourite option. If we take this route we will definitely go Savannah view. It would be such a long way to go to get parking lot view! I have always wondered a bit if it is really worth it? I love Disney magic as much as any of us, and Animal Kingdom was my first ever WDW park, but is it worth about 1k each more on the holiday? Are moderates just as magical?

delights of sizzlers
Now thats an Oxymoron!! :tongue: Last time we were there I didn't see a Sizzlers, the one outside the Rosen at Pointe is gone.

Would love to hear peoples opinions of AKL. Friend has decided that this sounds like her favourite option. If we take this route we will definitely go Savannah view. It would be such a long way to go to get parking lot view! I have always wondered a bit if it is really worth it? I love Disney magic as much as any of us, and Animal Kingdom was my first ever WDW park, but is it worth about 1k each more on the holiday? Are moderates just as magical?

In my experience, they can be depending on the resort. POR for example has some great themed rooms (Royal Rooms), as does CBR (Pirate Rooms).

AKL is a great resort, themeing is great and seeing the animals is the nice way to spend some time.

My only gripe would be the distance to just about everything that isn't AK. The Disney Transport seems to get very full, and the journeys are long (the resort is right out to the west of WDW). If you are renting a car, you'll probably use it alot.

Now thats an Oxymoron!! :tongue: Last time we were there I didn't see a Sizzlers, the one outside the Rosen at Pointe is gone.

In my experience, they can be depending on the resort. POR for example has some great themed rooms (Royal Rooms), as does CBR (Pirate Rooms).

AKL is a great resort, themeing is great and seeing the animals is the nice way to spend some time.

My only gripe would be the distance to just about everything that isn't AK. The Disney Transport seems to get very full, and the journeys are long (the resort is right out to the west of WDW). If you are renting a car, you'll probably use it alot.

Thanks Jon,
We were planning on renting a car, mainly to get offsite for one or two days to do SeaWorld, HP World etc. It would be nice not to have to use it all the time though. I like the idea of being able to walk to Disney Springs from wherever we stay which lends itself to a moderate, and opens up the options for Disney transport a bit. I suppose I feel that if I am going to part with thousands of pounds for a deluxe resort, I don't want anything to disappoint me. It's a lot of pressure for Disney! But they are used to it and regularly do their best to meet and exceed peoples expectations. I'd be inclined to think that if I am parting with such sums of money, I'd push for MK area because for some reason I think it would feel more magical!

I'm sure we'll work it out. We have plenty of time!! No doubt we will change our minds a dozen times or more...

I like the idea of being able to walk to Disney Springs from wherever we stay which lends itself to a moderate,
It's a looooong walk from POFQ to Disney Springs that takes you through OKW, and a golf course.

Nice boat ride though :)

Thanks Jon,
I like the idea of being able to walk to Disney Springs from wherever we stay which lends itself to a moderate, and opens up the options for Disney transport a bit. I suppose I feel that if I am going to part with thousands of pounds for a deluxe resort, I don't want anything to disappoint me. It's a lot of pressure for Disney! But they are used to it and regularly do their best to meet and exceed peoples expectations. I'd be inclined to think that if I am parting with such sums of money, I'd push for MK area because for some reason I think it would feel more magical!

I'm sure we'll work it out. We have plenty of time!! No doubt we will change our minds a dozen times or more...

Just to say you can only walk to Disney Springs for SSR & OKW. There are no footpaths between PO and OKW and walking alone the side of the road isn't the done thing and the way people drive over there dangerous!

For a MK resort check out the Garden wing rooms at the CR. They are some of the cheapest on the monorail and its walking distance to MK.

Also with 2 people if you are looking a deluxe the free DDP probably won't be the best way - a room discount will probably work out cheaper.

You could go end of October say 28th or 29th for 2 weeks and you would then see the Halloween decorations and also see the Christmas decorations go up. The first MVMCP is 7th November this year, so you could have the best of both! A lovely time of year to go :)

We did this on our last trip and plan on doing this again next year. For us it was a perfect time to go, the weather was good we got to see both Halloween and Christmas decorations and because it was the gap between the Halloween parties ending (we attended the last Halloween party on our second day) and the Christmas parties starting the Magic Kingdom wasn't closed early in the evenings.

Nex trip we are planning on renting DVC points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter