If you could design a theme for a new resort, what would it be? For funsies...

aimeebarb

Mouseketeer
We haven't even been to Disney yet, but I love looking at all the neat themes for the Disney resorts online. If you got to design a brand new resort, how would it be themed?

I was thinking today how neat it would be to have a Costa Rican themed resort. Jungle atmosphere and wildlife, ziplining and other nature-based activities, a cloud forest, etc.

I guess it could be too similar to the feel of Caribbean Beach or the Polynesian, but Costa Rica feels unique to me!

What ideas do you have? Hope this isn't too :offtopic:!! :)

I'd go with a artic themed resort, theres a bunch of jungle/beach/woodsy resorts already so i think something on the cool side would be a nice change of pace. And god knows they could cross promote the heck out of frozen.

A fairy tale castle themed resort next to the Magic Kingdom (or even back closer to the new Fantasyland- maybe you can walk to a Fantasyland entrance from the hotel sort of like with the Epcot resorts). There could be different wings with themes based on some of the movies. We see a lot of interiors in the fairy tale movies, so it wouldn't be hard to theme the wings.

How about a mix of the last two suggestions? A fairytale/castle frozen Norway themed resort! Build it by blizzard beach. Would be lots of fun.

India. Easy to work with the tropical setting in Florida, but make it entirely different from what's already available. And the food options... yum!!!!

:goodvibes

I've said this before, will say it again...

A new moderate resort near DHS: Disney's Hollywood Hills Resort. Buildings designed like the classic 1920s/30s movie star mansions, and the central building like a movie studio from old Hollywood.

I've said this before, will say it again...

A new moderate resort near DHS: Disney's Hollywood Hills Resort. Buildings designed like the classic 1920s/30s movie star mansions, and the central building like a movie studio from old Hollywood.

Love this idea!

A fairy tale castle themed resort next to the Magic Kingdom (or even back closer to the new Fantasyland- maybe you can walk to a Fantasyland entrance from the hotel sort of like with the Epcot resorts). There could be different wings with themes based on some of the movies. We see a lot of interiors in the fairy tale movies, so it wouldn't be hard to theme the wings.

This was going to be my suggestion, too. Since the princesses are from different areas (Germany, Norway, England, France, Denmark, etc) the architectural styling could vary depending on which wing/area of the resort you're staying.

I also like the Star Wars suggestion, but that's my inner geek talking. I'd love to stay at a nice moderate Star Wars resort. They could have it themed something like The Treehouses of Endor. That way, if you wanted an outdoorsy vibe but couldn't afford AKL or Fort Wilderness, you could stay at Endor for moderate prices.

It's a Small World theme...

Sections or floors designed to different parts of the world. Taking in account some of the pp's suggestions. Artic area, tropical/jungle area, European area, Asia area-all representing different parts of the world. With a couple different themed pools onsite.

But I wouldn't be surprised if a "Frozen" type resort was built sooner or later.

This was going to be my suggestion, too. Since the princesses are from different areas (Germany, Norway, England, France, Denmark, etc) the architectural styling could vary depending on which wing/area of the resort you're staying.

Brain twins! :)

Not to mention the time periods difference. Cinderella's wing would be all Victorian splendor, whereas the Sleeping Beauty wing would be more medieval castle styled. There could be a Sultan's Palace wing, a Frozen wing with the traditional Norwegian castle style rooms and then Elsa's ice palace style rooms (and watch THOSE get booked up the day they're released), Snow White with the 16th century Germanic influences, the Little Mermaid with the seaside palace style, and Corona/Tangled style rooms with neat paintings all over the walls. I'm not sure about the Beauty and the Beast wing, whether it should be pre-spell breaking or post-spell breaking. The darker and more mysterious decor (ala the West Wing in BoG) would be fun, but it might scare younger kids, so...I'd stay in the B&tB wing no matter which side of the curse the wing is on! :rotfl:

I also really like the Hollywood Hills idea!

This was rumored in the past and thought it was a great idea, a Haunted Mansion Theme.

This was rumored in the past and thought it was a great idea, a Haunted Mansion Theme.

make sure it's got the simulated gas lamp lighting and we'll move in. you could even go with a haunted mansion/pirates of the caribbean thing and it'd still work and it'd make 2 fan bases happy.

I want a castle! :) I don't care what kind, just a castle. :rotfl2:

I would love a Star Wars themed one too.

What I REALLY want, though this would have to be at Universal, would be to stay at Hogwarts...

Well, since you asked......

I would somehow use the land in between the GF and the MK and make a Disneyland Paris themed hotel in the mode of the Venetian in Las Vegas. This would appeal more for the couples/adults IMO.

I think a Wonderland themed place would be awesome. The resort's restaurant could be The Tea Party. ;)

Star Wars would be cool. Can you imagine the food court, with the animatronic Modal Nodes playing and Greedo lying dead on the floor? Well maybe not the Greedo part...

~NM

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter