• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you could cruise Disney again, what would you do differently?

Our 4-nt cruise was fabulous. However, when we left the ship , we went to the World 3 days. I loved staying at the Swan.

While I liked being at the Magic Kingdom for MNSSHP, I couldn't stand the crowds, the waits in line, the rude people, the screaming kids etc. So the one thing I would change would be to just skip WDW and maybe do some different Florida attractions instead. Epcot got really crowded, MGM was really crowded, Magic Kingdom was really crowded during regular hours.

Skip bingo until the last night.

Palo brunch instead of dinner.

Spa treatment for me and my daughter.

Midnight dessert buffet we missed it last cruise.

Try to stay up late - difficult since I'm an early riser.

:wave:

go for a Cat 6 rather than a Cat 4. There really wasn't that much extra space for the money difference.

Definitely pack less. We,ve dont the Eastern And Western cruises and did not need half the stuff we brought. Also would book one verandah room and one Cat. 11. WE are a family of 5 and booked 2 Ct. 11 for each cruise. DH wants a verandah. Would book excursions that tour more of the ports we pull into.

Fly in the day before.

Encourage the kids to use the clubs more.

Pack less.

Stay up later.

Order more room service.

Denae

Eat at Parrot Cay on embarkment day, instead of Topsiders.

DS never got to go on the Mickey slide last time. That's on his list of things not to miss on the next cruise.

Don't miss any of the shows. Extended family talked me out of Disney Dreams on the last night. I won't let that happen again.

Go to Palo.

Buy more souvenirs on the ship and CC. I didn't get anything for myself last time.

Let DS stay up later so I can stay up later. ;)

Get up and out of the cabin earlier so I have more time to enjoy the ship.

Plan out my days better so I don't miss anything next time.

Don't let extended family keep me from doing the things I really want to do.

Just got back two weeks ago. What I would do differently:
1) Wouldn't get off the ship in Nassau
2) Wouldn't spend so much time in the spa
3) Would make sure we saw all the shows
4) Would get more active excursions for Castaway Cay.
5) Would go probably in late May or June. The water at Castaway Cay and in the adult pool was still a little chilly in early April.
6) Would make sure my camera worked so I wouldn't have to buy the ship's photography.

We had a great time, but truth be told, I actually enjoy WDW more.

<font color=hotpink>Skip Palo Tea
Make sure kids don't miss making flubber in the clubs
Don't miss Princess/Pirate party on Thurs. for the kids
Make it to the adult pool as a couple
Won't bother with Orient Beach at St. Maarten, perhaps just shop alittle or just stay on the ship
Make it to sit down lunch more often
Make it to some of the nighttime adult entertainment
Request servers that have been reccommended as terrific and not worry about dining rotation</font>

On our first cruise the biggest screw up was not getting to the ship intil after 2pm. Lousy, rushed way to start the cruise. We've corrected that problem since the first, we now arrive at the terminal by 11am.

Noticed many people talking about all of the food and being stuffed. Expcept for the embarkation buffet and Palo for brunch, we pretty much skip lunch and only have some fruit or other small snacks throughout the afternoon - you can only eat so much before you explode!!

Be prepared on how much the tips are going to cost you before you leave home (see the recommended tipping guide). Be prepared to add to it because usually the service is exceptional and you will want to add to it.

Be prepared to buy more pictures from Shutters than you intend to because they take good pic's. Don't stress about finding the 6x8 frames for them at home - most of the pic's can be cropped down to 5x7 and you can find that size of frame at home (and they are much cheaper!)

::MickeyMo Strawberry Blonde : what didn't you like about Orient Beach ?::MinnieMo

Well, first of all I would pray for less wind so we can actually go to CC. Couldn't go in Feb. because of weather. I think we would also do the first seating for dinner. We would finish eating late and the kids would go back to the club only to find everyone laying around watching a movie. They would miss out on some of the fun stuff while we were eating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter