• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you could CLOSE one resort, which would it be?

Sorry to say but I love the campground too:thumbsup2 everything about it reminds me of the "old" disney like Davy Crockett and the Parent Trap. Same with the Polynesian Resort,wouldn't change a thing. Even though my ticker shows POP as my resort choice in 2015, it's probably my least favorite. I'm only doing this because it's my son's favorite. My last stay at pop was in 2011, the food was just ok but very crowded. Every time we needed to use the elevator, it was being occupied by the cleaning staff. It was raining very heavily one day and we needed to use umbrellas in the stairwells because the ceiling has so many cracks. They need to do some renovations on this resort.

Any of the All Star resorts.. I have nothing against values, but those just seem to lack something.

Man... I can't read this thread... I'm getting too upset! Lol!
The poly??!!? Hands down my fav resort!
The campground?!? Man... Too many memories there, I personally love the fact that you can camp and go to Disney!
I had to quit reading! ;)

I'm feeling the same way...

Campgrounds are an experience all to themselves and have never had a bad time.

Poly...great resort

All-Stars...When we a young family that is what we could afford...love them and the "in your face" Disney.

In the end I don't think I could get rid of one, maybe the Swan and Dolphin as they seem out of place.

POR- Had a horrible time there, nasty rooms, bad cast members, slow/crowded buses etc. I wouldn't stay there again..

It would be the Swan/Dolphin for me. I just don't like the resorts and they don't fit in with the New England themed YC, BC, and BW. Also, they ruin the sightlines in World Showcase at Epcot.

This is my vote too. Agree completely. I also agree with pp saying they are complete eyesores. At least they absorb some of the convention groups. If they could just move them down by SSR & OKW, near Downtown Disney. Restore World Showcase sightlines.

Well.. I am kinda torn with this, however I do think Caribbean Beach could go. It was fun once but not enough to go back. I also agree that something could be done to update the Values.

Pop Century would be my choice. We don't like anything about that resort. The place is too big. The food court is nasty, chaotic and loud. Housekeeping was but nothing special. The front desk CM was rude. The checkout process was a nightmare. The lines at the bus stops were always long. That is the only resort I will never stay at again. We had a very bad experience.

totally agree...POP should go for all of the above

never stayed at a value or a moderate resort but I'm surprised by these answers too! which resort should be closed? the poly or FW?? what? we've never stayed at FW but its certainly not an eyesore...you can't even see it from anywhere. and the polynesian is an original resort that is LOVED by many many people. Its our favorite for sure. I wonder if anyone who thinks it should be closed has actually stayed there. Everyone has their favorite but I can't imagine choosing FW or the polynesian to shut down.

Anyways...I'd like to see changes to some of the hotels we've stayed at. I think kidani village and okw could be improved upon but I wouldn't shut them down.

I would have to say POP. It was just too big for us. I didn't like that there was no parking near our room. ( we like to drive our car) the food court was chaos and I continuously heard doors slamming.

This year I had the opportunity to stay at 3 resorts (kids are CMs and Dad lives in Florida)

ASMu (Broadway) the best section IMO at ASMu, the only one with the Disney touch. Food Court is okay
CBR (Aruba) very nice, food court excellent, landscaping: Outstanding
ASMo (Toy Story) disliked it, the layout didn't go well with the outdoor activities. Food court poor (walked over to ASMu to eat), only 1 place to wash refillable mug. Needed to ask for everything (lemons for tea, slow service)

CSR...if I wanted that kind of motel ambiance, I would stay off-site at less than half the price.

This year I had the opportunity to stay at 3 resorts (kids are CMs and Dad lives in Florida)

ASMu (Broadway) the best section IMO at ASMu, the only one with the Disney touch. Food Court is okay
CBR (Aruba) very nice, food court excellent, landscaping: Outstanding
ASMo (Toy Story) disliked it, the layout didn't go well with the outdoor activities. Food court poor (walked over to ASMu to eat), only 1 place to wash refillable mug. Needed to ask for everything (lemons for tea, slow service)

Just curious, what was better at the Asmu food court than Asmo? Crowd? Food? Selection?

Thank you.

It is tough now as our children are now much larger teens & a double just doesn't cut it!
It was clean, not too large, just Disney enough, food was solid --AND THE PRICE WAS RIGHT.
If price were no option we would love to stay at AKL...

I wouldn't close any of them. Every Disney resort is unique and fun! Of course I have my personal favorite resorts at Disney but I feel Disney resorts offer wonderful variety and they have something to please everyone and that's a beautiful thing!!! No resort will be perfect every time you visit but Disney does a great job at making things right when things go wrong! This is why we love Disney so much!

I probably wouldn't close any of them. I think each tier of resorts caters to different families, personalities, and income levels, so that Disney is accessible to all. However, I believe that they could all use renovations. I understand all the perks we get from staying on resort, but there's no reason that some of the resorts should look the way that they look.

I wouldn't close any of them. Every Disney resort is unique and fun! Of course I have my personal favorite resorts at Disney but I feel Disney resorts offer wonderful variety and they have something to please everyone and that's a beautiful thing!!! No resort will be perfect every time you visit but Disney does a great job at making things right when things go wrong! This is why we love Disney so much!

I Agree! There is something for everyone there!

We made it a point last trip to visit all of the resorts we've never stayed at or eaten at just to get an overall feel of where we would consider staying or not staying in the future.
We've liked everywhere we've stayed in the past for the time we went and have liked every resort we've eaten at. Sure there were a few things we may have not liked as much for each of the resorts we visited this trip, but overall the only one we wouldn't want to stay at was Saratoga Springs- either the regular section or the tree houses. It wasn't really our taste (not much theming and felt just like any other condo or apartment even), the staff was not welcoming and friendly like every other resort, it is way too spread out between rooms and amenities, and the tree houses, which my boys thought would be really cool, we all thought were like the octagonal cabins you can rent at our local state park on the lake.
I wouldn't necessarily say they need to get rid of it, because obviously enough people like it to keep it open. But if they did get rid of it to open a different resort, I wouldn't mind.

I would close Pop Century. Tackiest looking hotel ever. I would also turn all the hotels over to Loews to run. WDW has trouble running hotels properly. Loews does a fantastic job with the Universal hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter