If you could choose only one - which would you choose?

Tinkerbelle's Mom

<font color=purple>Will clean houses for tags!<br>
DD & I are going to WDW in August with my sister her dd and dh. We are have a conflict over one night. We are trying to decide between going to Mickey's Backyard BBQ or seeing Fantasmic. Now dd and I are annual visitors to WDW and Fantasmic is one of our favorites. My dd likes it better than I do! My sister really wants to go to the BBQ - now we can split up for the night which is fine but I have to wonder if I am going to miss out on something.

So my question is which one would you choose to go to : Fantasmic or Mickey's Backyard BBQ and why?

Thanks so much!

Honestly I'm not sure the two can compare since I haven't experienced either one. But in this case I would pick The backyard BBQ. Sounds like it's something your sister wants to do. I get the impression you and your DD will experience Fantasmic again on a future trip:)

Have never been to the bbq but I know that I would NEVER miss Fantasmic on a trip, I love it too much. I haven't heard many good reviews for the bbq and that it was a bit chaotic but like I said I haven't actually been so its wrong of me to pass judgement on it. Love that Fantasmic though:thumbsup2

Free beer at BYBBQ. lol Ive been to both and I would have to say... depends on the age if the children. Younger kids would like BBQ, older kids Fantasmic. The BBQ characters dance and interact with kids. Dancing, pictures, western theme, its fun. But definitely younger kids would like it more. Fantasmic just rocks.

Since your dd and you are "annual visitors" and never miss Fantasmic, it sounds like you've seen it many times and probably will see it many more. I would do the BBQ with your sister - I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Personally we did the BBQ last year and we were disappointed. It was very chaotic and too crowded. I also think that it was a waste of two TS credits. If you are paying out of pocket I don't think it is worth the money. My guess is that everyone would probably enjoy Fantasmic better.

I would go to the BB-Q since you have already done the other. We went in Sept. and it was alot of fun.

Thanks for the input. It is a hard choice to make since we really love Fantasmic. I have heard only so-so reviews of the BBQ. Plus since I do not drink beer the free beer is not a draw to me;) .

Oh it might be a day of kind of choice.

Although I've never actually been to BYBBQ, we're going in October. We do have the dining plan but decided not to use two TS and paid out of pocket instead. I feel the price is reasonable and we're looking forward to it.

In my opinion, if you had never been to Disney and weren't planning on returning, I would say choose Fantasmic. But, as others have posted, since you've already seen Fantasmic, go ahead and give the BYBBQ a try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter