If you bought all pics on Shutters CD ...

We paid 299 for our 7 day MR cruise. It was totally worth it. We held off on doing family pictures until the cruise. We had 217 pictures on it. We had two rooms, but they combined all on one CD. I asked ahead of time and made sure I used the same KTTW card each time. Also check the kiosk every night to make sure all your pics are on the CD. No problem whart so ever. Would gladly do it again.

I've heard rumors that the CD will cost $399 on the 5-night Dream itineraries. I hope that is wrong and, given your price for a 7-nighter, gives me hope.

I have a question about this----- Do they do 1 photo at the beginning of your cruise to determine who is in the room? My family is split between 2 rooms- can we all be in the recognition photo so all our pics will go on 1 CD? TIA!

If you see the other people above got more than one group but it sounds like they had to use one key to the world card, I will be much more aware of this on our next. Cruise because I think we have people in 13 different rooms. Just make sure you ask ahead our last cruise we had 4 rooms linked and they told us no, I will be looking into this in the future!

This may be a stupid question, but do they take pictures only at assigned locations? Do they ever have someone roaming the boat taking pictures? Would they ever get pictures of the kids while doing activities in the clubs? I would love some shots of that when we are not there to get them.

If they are just posed pictures before a meal or whatnot how do you end up with so many pictures???

They mainly take pictures in assigned locations - mostly in the atrium area on deck 3 where they have to characters set up and the professional picture opportunities. But I was surprised on our second night to see photographers in the dining areas taking pictures. It stunk because we had done the Dolphin Encounter at Blue Lagoon Island and had early dining. By the time we got back there wasn't a lot of time to get ready for dinner. We all looked like we had spent the day at the beach and here comes the photographer. She took some great shots...
I don't know if they take pictures in kids clubs...my son didn't spend much time there. You end with a lot of pictures by seeing the characters and taking advantage of the various photograph sessions. Even on Castaway Cay there are photographers. We got a great picture with the Dream in the background. Lines moved quickly and were well organized.
Hope this helps!
Debbie

This may be a stupid question, but do they take pictures only at assigned locations? Do they ever have someone roaming the boat taking pictures? Would they ever get pictures of the kids while doing activities in the clubs? I would love some shots of that when we are not there to get them.

If they are just posed pictures before a meal or whatnot how do you end up with so many pictures???

I'd like to know this as well. I understand the reasoning if they don't but would love to have pictures of my son doing the activities there!

I had no pictures on our CD of my daughter in the kids club on my CD - now is it because she wasn't where they were photographing? It's possible... But my DD8 loves cameras and loves having her photo taken, so who knows? (She did spend a lot of time in Oceaneer's so I think it's doubtful that they were photographing.

Wish I had a better answer for you.

It has been mentioned that you have to be in the same room for the pictures to be on the CD. We have a family of 8 and are in 2 connecting rooms. Will they put pictures from both of our staterooms on one CD?

...should be set to full resolution, but Disney needs to pack more images on their cards, and that's more than likely why they don't use full ...Disney is great at cutting corners,

The photography in the parks and on the ships is done by contractors, not Disney.

The photography in the parks and on the ships is done by contractors, not Disney.

Thanks. I know that. I've already been in contact with them about the resolution issue. :thumbsup2

Just used the word Disney, as I couldn't remember the actual photo company's name. And, when I spoke to them, they seemed to imply that lowering the resolution was a policy set by Disney.

Thanks, Tiger

We were recently on the Dream for a 5 night. I purchased the CD for $249 and received 126 pictures. I think the CD is definitely worth it but only if you make the effort to have your picture made.

I do wish there were more candid shots from around the boat. The only place we had candid shots were from Castaway Cay. The photographer was actually out in the water taking some of the most amazing pictures we have!

If you want pics of your kids in the clubs, go during the open house and take your camera. They let me take all kinds of pics that day, one of my child trying everything in there! I'm glad I ended up with those shots!

My only complaint....We had 12 family members in 4 different rooms traveling in our party. We had our initial picture boarding the ship all together. From that point on, as I checked my pictures on the kiosk, they had members from our group (but not in my room) linked to our photos. On the last night, I asked a Shutters person if all of those pics that I was seeing (including those not in my room) would end up on my disk. I was told no they would not, that any picture that did not contain one of the 4 people in my room would be purged. So I informed my other family members and they bought packages for the photos they wanted. I went to pick up my disc the next morning and of course all of the pictures were there, not just the ones of the 4 in my room. My family wasted quite a bit of money for pictures that I had on my disk! Guess they were just trying to make more money. GRRRRR!

I will say even though that happened, I will continue to buy the disk on future trips. Well worth it to prove that I actually went on the cruise as I'm always the picture taker and never in a picture! :lmao:

As the person in the family who usually takes the photos, it was totally worth it because at least I have some photos in which I'm in. I appreciated the fact that they were at some of our ports in the Mediterranean because if they hadn't, I would be hard pressed to prove to somebody that I was actually there. And unfortunately ... I'm not joking!!

I had boarded the ship without any intention of buying the photographs or CD. I had brought my flash with me on this cruise so I would be able to take the character photos by myself. Well ... flaw one in my plan is nobody knew how to use my camera so again, great photos of my family with the characters but mine? Meh....

Once we knew we were getting the CD, we got our photos taken ALL the time. LOL Like any photographer ... some photos are great, some not so great. But all in all, I'm glad we got the CD. It was a wonderful vacation and I'm glad we have the photos.

It's just me and DH on the cruise and we really don't need 100 pictures of just the two of us. :rotfl:

But, of course, we would like some pictures taken while we are dressed up or with the characters :thumbsup2

What options are there for just a couple like us? :hug:

Sorry in advance for the long response...

We were on the 5/29 Dream Double Dip and I was dead set against buying the CD, but we got some absolutely perfect ops w/ the characters (my son in his Mr. Incredible's costume standing next to Mr. Incredible himself), and I had to do it.

The cost was $249. I asked the resolution question from the Shutter's staff, and they said that they would be the same resolution that they use on the ship, which looked great to me. (I'm on vacation, so I don't have the images with me to check).

We loved the book idea, but instead of buying their book, we came home & did one thru Snapfish. I redeemed My Coke Rewards point for a 8 1/2" X 11" book and just had to pay for shipping (about $6). It came out so good, I redeemed more points & bought another for my Mom.

In the book, I blew up several of the photos to full page size, and they came out great. If we had any of the formal photos taken, I may have wanted to print a larger size, but that wasn't the case.

I, too, was disappointed that there weren't more ops for candid photos on the ship. Last year, our favorite pics were the candids from Castaway Cay, but this time, even though we were there 2X, we only saw one photographer on the beach and she never made it down our way.

We have a decent point & shoot camera, and would usually take our own photos as well, but they were never nearly as good as the Shutters pics.

Also, we had two rooms - althought this isnt' the way we slept, we had my husband, son & sister-in-law in one room, and my mother, daughter and me in another. I bought the CD on my room, so it included any photo that my Mom, daughter and I were in, plus my husband and son. The only ones that weren't included were any that my sister-in-law was in by herself (and there weren't any). As far as we can remember, we ended up with all of our pics. (I would recommend checking your shutters folder & online several times, as there were a few in our binder that didn't belong to us, and a couple of printed ones that we didn't see online.) We were told by the manager that anything that showed up on the computer would be on the CD, and when you pick up the CD, they give you a printed sheet showing thumbnails of all the images.

Happy cruising!

Diane

It's just me and DH on the cruise and we really don't need 100 pictures of just the two of us. :rotfl:

But, of course, we would like some pictures taken while we are dressed up or with the characters :thumbsup2

You should have the opportunity to purchase individual prints, or you could purchase a small package (20 credits or so), that would get you 8x10's and/or 6x8's in any combination. The 8x10's are 2 credits and the 6x8's 1 credit.

You should have the opportunity to purchase individual prints, or you could purchase a small package (20 credits or so), that would get you 8x10's and/or 6x8's in any combination. The 8x10's are 2 credits and the 6x8's 1 credit.

Thank you, that's really good to know! :goodvibes

Like a previous poster said, just buy the few pictures you want and get them scanned...I scan all my photos so if anything happens, I still have them in digital format.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter