If you are what you eat, then I only want to eat the Good Stuff

This is a fabulous thread! I am so late in catching on but I am just now letting myself back onto the boards since it is still a year before our trip. Thanks very much for the effort!

The pictures say what the word could not- YUM. Well, I suppose your words could say that too. Those pictures are great.:goodvibes My first ADR on my upcoming trip (after working 8 days straight and taking a red eye to Florida) is at the Crystal Palace, so I'll just gaze lovingly at the screen and drool on my keyboard for a few minutes.

We enjoyed Crystal Palace (twice) last year for breakfast. It's more enjoyable if you're not waiting on all the characters, because for some reason, this restaurant just cannot get its rotations in order! We waited so long for Piglet the second time (didn't see him at all the first breakfast) that I was ready to put him on the plate with my bacon! Here, piggy piggy piggy... Food was very good, though. Anywhere with all you can eat bacon is a good place. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the pictures from CP. We never tried CP for Breakfast and can't wait to try it for our Dec trip. We have gone for lunch buffet and we love the selection...hopefully the breakfast will be a good selection and fresh. Thanks again for sharing.

I really did enjoy it... I think I would like to eat there w/o a buffet - it is beautiful inside!:love:

So overall how did the food taste? Was the buffet replenished often? Would you go back or recommend it?
I added some thoughts to the above post. Overall I would go back ,but I am just not a buffet person. KWIM?

This is a fabulous thread! I am so late in catching on but I am just now letting myself back onto the boards since it is still a year before our trip. Thanks very much for the effort!

Welcome!!! I hope I can get more stuff up in the next few days! :cutie:
The pictures say what the word could not- YUM. Well, I suppose your words could say that too. Those pictures are great.:goodvibes My first ADR on my upcoming trip (after working 8 days straight and taking a red eye to Florida) is at the Crystal Palace, so I'll just gaze lovingly at the screen and drool on my keyboard for a few minutes.
I hope you enjoy it... I may not have been in much of a mood to eat. (Imagine that) So I think i would have like CP more if I had been more of a glutton!

We enjoyed Crystal Palace (twice) last year for breakfast. It's more enjoyable if you're not waiting on all the characters, because for some reason, this restaurant just cannot get its rotations in order! We waited so long for Piglet the second time (didn't see him at all the first breakfast) that I was ready to put him on the plate with my bacon! Here, piggy piggy piggy... Food was very good, though. Anywhere with all you can eat bacon is a good place. :thumbsup2

All you can eat bacon is a good thing!!! :laughing: We totally missed Tigger so I understand what you mean.

For Lunch the next day, we decided to hit the Tangerine Café.

We were all hungry so we ordered 2 platters here.
We had the Shawarma Platter and the Mediterranean Slider Combo - both were $13.95. We got 2 drinks and 2 orders of baklava as our desserts (no other choice here).

I have to say, I loved this CS meal. The food was good and it was plentiful.

On the platter, the chicken was moist and flavorful, and strangely enough, the lamb was a little dry and even the yogurt sauce didn’t help. The sauce by the way was not very good – it was very watery and lacked the body I am used to with it. I loved the hummus with the pita bread (you have to request pita – otherwise they give you a little roll…) and the cous cous was really good too. I had a hard time with the tabouleh… it was just like eating a bunch of chopped up parsley with a little flavoring on it. Not very appealing.

The sliders were also good. I liked the chicken and the lamb one. I don’t care for falafel so that one went to Thomas and Faith. I had the same issue with the sides here. Great hummus, meh on the tabouleh. The lentil salad on this platter was also meh. It was served chilled which I don't care for, and it just didn't have a ton of flavor.

I also didn’t care for the baklava at all. It was pretty flavorless and sickly sweet. I have had MUCH better baklava here at a local Greek joint. I threw most of it away.

We used 2 CS credits.

This was a GREAT use of dining plan credits. We spent almost $40 for 2 CS meals. And the food is good! You should stop in here!!!

For a snack after lunch, Faith had a Kaki Gori.

She ate most of it, but the taste I had was really good and I just love the consistency of the ice they have there – it was very different. It was REALLY sweet though.

1 snack credit.

With all the pastry choices at TC I cannot believe they just give you bakalava...they should allow you to choose something else! The strawberry tart they have is to die for...flavored with a bit of almond, oh boy it is great!

WOW thanx so much for these wonderful reviews!! :goodvibes I am dying to try Tutto's!! And my brother suggested picnic in the park for our trip in december and I kind of snubbed the idea. Your review definitely made me rethink my reaction!!

Your reviews and pictures are great! I'm really looking forward to our Crystal Palace breakfast now!!!

Denise

We enjoyed the Tangerine Cafe a lot as well. I like the look of the sliders, I think they are rather new on the menu... And I need to remember to substitute the flatbread for the other bread, looks much better! :thumbsup2

To drink I had the Antioxidant Cocktail - Finlandia Wild Berries Vodka, Chambord Black Raspberry Liqueur, Bossa Nova Acai Juice with Agave, Aloe Juice, Lychee, and freshly squeezed Lemon Juice $9.25

I'm joining a little late---but I just wanted to tell you that this drink looks AMAZING. I haven't had a drink in a few months (for no reason other than I don't really like all that many drinks of the alcoholic sort) but since we're doing The Wave for my birthday, I am sooooooooooooo trying this if it's still on the menu in October. Mmmmm. :thumbsup2

I love the Shawarma Platter.:lovestruc Good move on getting the pita, who wants a roll with a meal like that? And I can't believe they only give you baklava:confused3 total bummer

We shared a Mediterranean Sliders combo in July and LOVED it!

Thanks for the added comments on CP :goodvibes Sad that you missed Tigger, he's my favorite.

When did Japan start serving Kaki Gori in a cup? :confused3 It's not a snow cone anymore (and I'd be willing to bet the portion size is smaller now as a result). They used to be so massive that Jay and I could easily share one and for the price they were a real bar-gin as my mom likes to say. :laughing:

With all the pastry choices at TC I cannot believe they just give you bakalava...they should allow you to choose something else! The strawberry tart they have is to die for...flavored with a bit of almond, oh boy it is great!

Mmmmmm. Strawberry tart with Almond. Yum. I bet it would knock the socks off of the baklava!

WOW thanx so much for these wonderful reviews!! :goodvibes I am dying to try Tutto's!! And my brother suggested picnic in the park for our trip in december and I kind of snubbed the idea. Your review definitely made me rethink my reaction!!
I really enjoyed the picnic. I hope you like it if you try it. Tutto was good... I'm still on the fence on if I will go back, but I enjoyed it!

Your reviews and pictures are great! I'm really looking forward to our Crystal Palace breakfast now!!!
:goodvibes Yea! for Pooh and the gang!

Denise

We enjoyed the Tangerine Cafe a lot as well. I like the look of the sliders, I think they are rather new on the menu... And I need to remember to substitute the flatbread for the other bread, looks much better! :thumbsup2

Definitely remember to sub out the bread. I love pita bread and I thought theirs was good. The sliders are relatively new and were really good! Try 'em!

Joining in. Great review so far :thumbsup2
Excellent! I am glad you are enjoying them!

I'm joining a little late---but I just wanted to tell you that this drink looks AMAZING. I haven't had a drink in a few months (for no reason other than I don't really like all that many drinks of the alcoholic sort) but since we're doing The Wave for my birthday, I am sooooooooooooo trying this if it's still on the menu in October. Mmmmm. :thumbsup2

I am NOT a big drinker in my "normal" life. I may have a drink per MONTH. So having one nearly every day was differnt for me. This one was GOOD! :worship:
I love the Shawarma Platter.:lovestruc Good move on getting the pita, who wants a roll with a meal like that? And I can't believe they only give you baklava:confused3 total bummer
I am right there with you. I WILL go back for the Shawarma Platter. :love:

We shared a Mediterranean Sliders combo in July and LOVED it!

Thanks for the added comments on CP :goodvibes Sad that you missed Tigger, he's my favorite.
See above comment! :idea: The setting to me is worth the price of admission at CP!

When did Japan start serving Kaki Gori in a cup? :confused3 It's not a snow cone anymore (and I'd be willing to bet the portion size is smaller now as a result). They used to be so massive that Jay and I could easily share one and for the price they were a real bar-gin as my mom likes to say. :laughing:

This was the first one I've ever gotten (well... technically Faith...) So I can't answe that.

Is it bar - gin (pronounced like the stuff you drink?)

Hi, Ms. Heimlich!

Great reviews, as always...

:offtopic:
How did y'all fare with all of the rain? I haven't been dis-ing much, but you and your family were in my prayers....hopefully everything soaked right in and you didn't have flooding....

Hijack over.

Thanks for more - Ferris and Sloane White loved the Wave so much they ate there almost every day - the Littlest Princess loved it, and it was so easy because it was in the hotel - I guess Austinites would naturally gravitate towards fresh, natural, and paper straws!

Best,

Mrs. Spratt

2 Orders of fries (an extra one for the three of us to share) with a side of (nasty) ranch dressing.

I am enjoying your dining reports and it is getting me super excited for my own trip in a few weeks!

I had to laugh at this because my husband and I live in Austin and Waterloo Icehouse has the WORST ranch dressing in the world. We complain about this every time we have to eat there!

We had the opportunity to attend the Wishes Dessert Party held at the Tomorrowland Terrace. I’m going to take a minute and describe the process since many of you have never done it and may be curious.
We arrived at the Terrace about 8:30pm to find a GIANT line. By the time they started admitting people to the actual terrace, the line stretched almost to the rocks and the gateway to the actual Tommorrowland.
About 10 minutes ‘til 9:00, a lady with a clipboard came through and checked our name off her list and another CM issued us each a wrist band. At about 9:00 we were admitted one party at a time to our previously assigned table. No need to rush! You have an assigned table… It isn’t first come, first serve!!:thumbsup2

We sat down at our table (which was placarded with our name and also had little castle confetti) and got our bearings. Then we hit the buffet.
Being the evil step mother that I am, I didn’t feed us dinner. I forced my family to wait until after the party to eat. Since the party was a surprise to Faith, she was wondering why we weren’t eating! We were very hungry so gorged ourselves on the yummy treats. Let’s have a look, shall we!?

This plate has some goodies on it… Wanna know what they were???
On the right hand side of the picture, you see 2 small shot glass looking things? The orangish one is a Mango Shooter. OMG. YUM! The other one tasted like Tiramisu and was a bite or two. I was supposed to share with Thomas, but oops… I ate the whole thing before I realized it! The chocolate covered strawberries were so good (we ate a LOT of them – Faith alone probably ate a dozen!). The litte fruit tart thing wasn’t very good. I didn’t care for the crust or the filling, but the fruit on top was tasty!! The other two square pastries were (on the right) a banana flavored one and (on the left) a chocolate one. I had the same problem with the se as the fruit… I didn’t care for the crust, but the filling was sooooooo good. The other little cup was a chocolate mousse and was delish! The drink in the background is a blackberry (I think) tea. It was really tasty. They also had water (pictured), milk, and lemonade. You could also make hot tea (there were bags). I can’t remember if there was coffee… I don’t drink it as a general rule.

Another plate. Man. We ate a lot!!!
Most of the things on this plate I have already discussed, except for one… the raspberry tart. Pictured on the top right of the plate. These were one of our favorites of the night. The raspberry filling was just right, tart, sour, sweet, PERFECT! I bet I ate 3 at least. Faith loved these too… Also pictured here is a cannoli – it was ok, but I am not a big fan… I just wanted to try it!

All the shooters!

This was one of Thomas’ plates. He found the TRUFFLES!!! :love:He brought back 3 flavors and we split each of them. I have no words…. Just suffice to say they were good…. Really good. Also pictured is crème brulee and another fruit tart which (I think) was much better than the one I tried first.

WOW! What a bargin (pronounced however you like!). We loved the dessert party and the location for watching Wishes. Tinkerbell flew right over our heads! It was fantastic. There was also a Photopass photographer there to take our picture in front of the castle.

Would I do it again? YES YES YES!!! :banana::banana::banana: I am not sure what the status on this party is… There is a lot of “distalk” about it, but what I can say is, if you get the chance… GO!!!

Hi, Ms. Heimlich!

Great reviews, as always...

:offtopic:
How did y'all fare with all of the rain? I haven't been dis-ing much, but you and your family were in my prayers....hopefully everything soaked right in and you didn't have flooding....

Hijack over.

Thanks for more - Ferris and Sloane White loved the Wave so much they ate there almost every day - the Littlest Princess loved it, and it was so easy because it was in the hotel - I guess Austinites would naturally gravitate towards fresh, natural, and paper straws!

Best,

Mrs. Spratt

We got some rain... about 4 inches plus a little. We avoide the 12 inch deluge that the people out northwest of us. We avoided the worst of it. It was so wonderful to get rain, so.... you gotta take the good with the bad, right?

As for being the typical Austinite... well... How can I say this? I'm not. I do like sustainability and fresh food, but I am SO not the birkenstock-granola-unshaven armpit type. :rotfl2:

the paper straws were cute though!!! :cool2:
Yes ... bar - gin (as in that horrid stuff that some people like to drink). :lmao:
I certainly don't drink that stuff. Yuck. :sick:

I am enjoying your dining reports and it is getting me super excited for my own trip in a few weeks!

I had to laugh at this because my husband and I live in Austin and Waterloo Icehouse has the WORST ranch dressing in the world. We complain about this every time we have to eat there!

Another yuck. That stuff was NASTY!! :scared1:

We've eaten at Waterloo a couple of times and I guess I've never subjected myself to it. Gross. No salad for me at Waterloo. :rolleyes:

Thanks for reading!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter