• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you are there now, what are you wearing??

momto2js

DIS Veteran
We live in South Carolina and November is the month of frequent weather changes. We are heading to WDW next week and I am trying to decide if I need to pack shorts are all long pants for the kids?? I see the weather will be mid 70's but how that feels can really depend on a lot of things. If you are there now, what are you wearing??

Hi, I'm in South Carolina and going next week as well. I've been watching the weather report and it looks to me to be shorts with a light weight jacket weather, with a couple pairs of pants thrown in. The lows were as low as mid 50's, but then the highs were in the 70's. I could get by with pants with low 70's, but I prefer shorts. I need shorts by mid 70's. Since you're from SC, you'll understand my basic advice: Check the weather report and plan accordingly. Then, no matter what it says, make sure you have two warm weather outfits and two cold weather outfits. :)

Check the temp where you are and get in some shorts and head outside. It's 55 now at 12:30 where I am in SC but I did some errands two hours ago when it was colder still in my gym shorts and a light weight jacket and was fine. Of course, errands are different but it was colder then. So I think I can handle lows in the mid-50's in shorts. It's supposed to be back in the low 70's for a high at the start of week for my location, so see if pants or shorts work better for you then. Also, consider wind. We've been under a lake wind advisory for the last few days where I am helping the temp feel more accurate.

*It also depends on your touring plans. We will be leaving the parks at 5/6 most days and 8/9 on the latest days. Consider daylight savings time ending as well - it will get cooler earlier. If you're doing a lot of evenings/nights, then you will need more pants. Also, my husband said it was chilly at Fantasmic! last time due to the wind blowing the water. So I'd dress a little more warmly for that.

I'd like to know too!:surfweb: I'm thinking short sleeves and shorts by day, and long sleeves and pants at night. Opinions???:confused3

I'm going to bring as many of those pants where the legs zip off to become shorts as I can find for my kiddos . . .

We are heading down next Wednesday and I'm thinking about bring capris and and long pants with a variety of tank tops, t-shirts, and sweatshirts/fleece jackets. Also going to bring flip flops and tennis shoes.

Heck, mid-70s and sun sounds AMAZING compared to the high 40s and gloom that we are having right now in the Northwest. :) It will definitely be a bit harder to pack our suitcases than it was for our September trip last year, but I'm excited about the moderate temps. "See" you all there next week! :)

Today, I have on long pants and a t-shirt. By evening, it will be cool and I will need a sweatshirt or jacket to be out. It is fairly windy.

Tomorrow, the daytime temp will be around 80. At night, it will drop off to the low to mid 60s.

This pattern is expected to continue.

Bring shorts and t-shirts. Plan on switching to at least a sweatshirt or jacket in the evening. Long pants may be nice if you will be near the water.

I live "there" and today is mid 60s and I'm chilly :rotfl: wearing layers is key to our changing weather. I'm wearing capris, s/s tee and zip front hoodie. if it should warm up, off goes the jacket. Last week it was warm low to mid 80s still wearing capris w/ s/s top. It does get cool at night - 50-60s so if you're hitting the parks then I would suggest LAYERS ;) take off during the day, put on during the night. Have fun!:thumbsup2

I'm wearing long jeans today instead of Capri pants or shorts. Been outside at a baseball game in the wind with a jacket and blanket on. Going to Pop next week and will bring a variety of clothes, including swimsuits. Never know what you're going to get in central Florida.

We just got back yesterday. It was only a bit chilly one morning. We wore shorts & tshirts everyday except for the last day when I had a sweatshirt on over my dress (I was sweating by about 10am)... if you can stand a bit of cold, just do shorts. We took no breaks and didn't have enough baggage to keep long pants stored away for later use. We're also from Wisconsin where 50 degrees is swimming weather.. lol!

Hi you two- I am FROM South Carolina but live in NYC right now. Any chance you all are from Spartanburg? :banana:

I am here NOW at Disney, and it is chilly! Yesterday we were at MK, it was fairly warm- we were fine dressed in shorts, tshirts, but with a long sleeve shirt/sweatshirt. It was nice and sunny, but it would get chilly here and there.

Today, it is really cool out. I am in jeans, long sleeves and a light jacket.

So I suggest bringing a zip sweatshirt/hoodie, cargo pants/shorts, and tshirts.

You'll probably need to layer here and there. Annoying, I know- but it's not so bad. You can mix and match all the time you are here.

Have fun!!!

We're here now and I think it depends on how much cold you are used to.

It got to 72 today and my DH and I couldn't believe how bundled up so many people were today. We even talked about it with some other Northerns while standing in line for the bus back to CSR. People in long pants, winter coats and scarves while we were in shorts, capris, polo shirts, 3-quarter sleeve t-shirts, and short sleeved princess dresses.

But it was very breezy and cloudy by the time we headed back to the resort around 6. After some naps, we will be layering up and bundling up for EMH tonight until 3 at the MK because we got very chilly last night leaving DD around 9:30.

So, definitely some long pants and sweaters/sweat shirts and even jackets if you get cold easily.

My wife and I were there last week and we wore shorts and t-shirts (sometimes a thin "tech" T) at all times. Disclaimer: We were coming from central PA, leaving snow on the ground. We found the weather to be very agreeable.

I just got back on Friday and the weather was nice and sunny but I'd bring a sweater to put on. It would get pretty warm for only a few hours before dipping back down again.

I am packing right now and I am bringing a mix of clothes, but nothing like a heavy coat.

We arrive in 6 days, and will plan for cooler nights. Will force the kids to carry a jacket for the evenings because 2 yrs ago I ended up buying 5 blankets out at EPCOT because everyone was in shorts and cold (upper 50's) by the time of the fireworks.

Glad I read this. We're leaving in 6 days and I was only going to bring one set of cooler weather clothes (really our traveling day clothes), but now I'll pack an extra set for each of us. I'm only bringing sandals for myself - hope it doesn't get chilly enough that I'll wish I had brought shoes.

It's funny reading this thread. Proves that the climate you live in has a lot to do with what is cold and what isn't. :)

I live in GA, and grew up in MS. 60 is cool to me, and 55 or 50 is cold. Anything below that is heavy coat weather.

I've been during Nov/Dec before and to me the key is layering. If I wear capris and a Tshirt, then as long as I have a warm jacket to throw on when the sun goes down, I'll usually be fine.

My concern for next week is MVMCP. Friday, the day we'll be there, is going to be pretty cool. It says 55 for the evening and that is pretty cool to me. Not sure what I'll be wearing now.

here from chicago arrived on
nov 4th we wore a light sweater and jeans sneakers at night in MK
nov 5th daytime sweatshirt & capris we had a fleece jacket and jeans sneakers very windy in MK in the evening I froze on the boatride from fort wilderness to MK
nov 6th shorts this afternoon capris and a long sleeve shirt in the evening sandals no wind in HS warming up tomorrow nov 7th & nov 8th looks like shorts and t-shirt day

doesnt SC get the same weather..prettty much..that central FL does? My sister lives there and the weather there is pretty much the same as here..anyway, its NOvember, chilly in the moning and chilly when the sun goes down...daytime is nice..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter