If you are sticking with the QSDP are you doing any TS meals?

KELLY

DIS Veteran
We are sticking with the QSDP again this year. We are doing 2 Ts meals OP. The extra 8 cs credits we will use for the girls for breakfest for our 10 day stay. Dh and I don't do breakfest so they usually share a meal or a snack credit muffin or danish.

We are doing Tusker House breakfest and T-rex this year. I think the OP expense will be around 200.00 for those meals. Which is the cost of the upgrade to the next plan but we have freedom. It was so nice when my youngest would fall asleep in the stroller no need to wake her for lunch no need to watch the clock.

We are sticking with the QSDP again this year. We are doing 2 Ts meals OP. The extra 8 cs credits we will use for the girls for breakfest for our 10 day stay. Dh and I don't do breakfest so they usually share a meal or a snack credit muffin or danish.

We are doing Tusker House breakfest and T-rex this year. I think the OP expense will be around 200.00 for those meals. Which is the cost of the upgrade to the next plan but we have freedom. It was so nice when my youngest would fall asleep in the stroller no need to wake her for lunch no need to watch the clock.

We are doing QSDP but have a few TS meals planned. My boys are Disney adults, so the upgrade cost is more. We also make good use of the extra snack credit on the QSDP. We have done the regular DDP and trying to do one TS every day is just too stressful to me. I like the freedom of QS meals.

We love the QSDP and we weren't going to do any extra OOP meals, but the hubby said we should. Since he makes the money, there wasn't a good reason for me not to agree.:rotfl: We decided to do an 8:05a Crystal Palace breakfast on our last park day and try to get some good pics in front of the castle before the park opens. I am one of those people that doesn't want to waste time eating a long meal when I could be enjoying rides. Plus, 3 of the 4 of us aren't big eaters and QS meals are plenty of food for us. I mentioned this in another thread the other day, but we follow two basic rules at Disney...

#1-- we can eat well at home
#2--we can sleep when we're dead
:thumbsup2

We love the QSDP and we weren't going to do any extra OOP meals, but the hubby said we should. Since he makes the money, there wasn't a good reason for me not to agree.:rotfl: We decided to do an 8:05a Crystal Palace breakfast on our last park day and try to get some good pics in front of the castle before the park opens. I am one of those people that doesn't want to waste time eating a long meal when I could be enjoying rides. Plus, 3 of the 4 of us aren't big eaters and QS meals are plenty of food for us. I mentioned this in another thread the other day, but we follow two basic rules at Disney...

I actually found some really good CS meals at disney. Especially pop's food court.

I upgraded to DDP, but there are only 2 of us, so a $200. additional cost. We would have done at least 3 TS meals, so it was a no brainer (I did downgrade from a mod, and added 2 days, and still came out $400.less!)

My DD doesn't know we are going, and she really is a foodie, so planning the meals just makes the suprise better! Also, adolescence and adolscents are tough, so we need some sharing time, and this will help!

Tips really do add up, none the less!...I guess I figured oout what to do with that $400.:sick:

but we follow two basic rules at Disney...

:rotfl:

Love these rules and totally agree! This year is our 1st time with QSDP, and we are so excited to not be tied down to ADRs. We do want to try T-Rex though. Have any of you had success getting a res there? I can't, but may just try to walk in? Any suggestions? TIA

We plan on doing 2 or 3 OOP dinners, just to try something diffrent. Not going to book anywere though, just see if we can book on the day - risky i know but if we cant get in, its no big deal.

Love these rules and totally agree! This year is our 1st time with QSDP, and we are so excited to not be tied down to ADRs. We do want to try T-Rex though. Have any of you had success getting a res there? I can't, but may just try to walk in? Any suggestions? TIA

We usually do a early lunch there and have no problems getting in.

Im doing quick service but paying OOP for 2 breakfasts
Donald's at AK & Pooh on our last day

we don't eat much of a breakfast so a snack & refill our mugs is wonderful for us
I like the freedom to eat when we want to eat - boys don't like to sit to eat (austic thing)

Last year me & youngest did the character breakfast so we are hoping oldest will behave for it this year

I actually found some really good CS meals at disney. Especially pop's food court.

By "eat well" I meant a steak or something fancy. I did not mean to imply that the CS food is not good. I love all the CS food. I eat the fish at Columbia Harbour House once for every day we're at MK. Another fave of mine for a QS meal is at France's Boulangerie Patisserie. I get the ham and cheese croissant and have them bake it and then get one of their yummy desserts and drink. MMMM....is it October yet?:rolleyes:

I think we may end up booking a Sci Fi lunch for our HS day and possibly the Plaza for our MK day. We probably won't go into AK on our next trip (the whole point is to do all the stuff available OUTSIDE of the parks for once) and at Epcot we are interested in trying some CS places for a change. In the past, we have always been rather TS heavy on our Epcot days.

If money is an issue (always a possibility) then we probably will only try for Sci Fi...I don't like the CS places there and we've sort of made lunch there a tradition the last two times we've been so why wreck a good thing?

Those are the same rules that we follow. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

We are doing the QSDP for the 1st time this year (got it free with a PIN). We will probably do 1 (2 at most) TS.

Last year was the 1st time not doing the dining plan (since our 1st trip) and loved the feeling of not having to worry about being somewhere. We went off the resort a few times and went to some nice places when we were ready.

We have the QSDP for 15 nights and are doing 5 TS meals OOP. Not all our meals are at restaurants which accept the dining plan in any event, but they are places we want to dine at.

For me it suits us better to do it like this - same way we did it in 2009 and last year. Right now it works for us. I do NOT want to be tied to ADRs every day of my trip and we have the flexibility to book and cancel TS as and where we please, without having to have any regard whatsoever as to whether the restaurant of our choice is a Dining Plan participant (TS that is).

By "eat well" I meant a steak or something fancy. I did not mean to imply that the CS food is not good. I love all the CS food. I eat the fish at Columbia Harbour House once for every day we're at MK. Another fave of mine for a QS meal is at France's Boulangerie Patisserie. I get the ham and cheese croissant and have them bake it and then get one of their yummy desserts and drink. MMMM....is it October yet?:rolleyes:

I know I keep thinking the same thing hurry September. 10 days of no cooking a meal!!!:cool1:

We loved POP's food court on our last trip! The food was fresher than park CS and much better dessert options, you can even come back and get your dessert later! We are staying at CSR this trip and are nervous at the poor reviews Pepper Market gets, oh well got to try it once!

Call the restaurant directly. NOT the Disney dining number and you should have your pick of times. I think they only release a few time slots for disney dining. It is a great experience!

Call the restaurant directly. NOT the Disney dining number and you should have your pick of times. I think they only release a few time slots for disney dining. It is a great experience!

Ditto, I called T-Rex directly and got the time I wanted (after trying through Disney Dining and finding it booked).

We loved POP's food court on our last trip! The food was fresher than park CS and much better dessert options, you can even come back and get your dessert later! We are staying at CSR this trip and are nervous at the poor reviews Pepper Market gets, oh well got to try it once!

Don't be nervous! We've stayed at CSR our last two trips and love the Pepper Mkt. They have a really yummy cinnamon/pecan pastry thing that is soooo good (but it's not a snack anymore, so you'll have to pay OOP). I think most people don't like the way you have to order at different stations and wait for your food, but it's freshly cooked. The fajita station is our favorite!

I was going to suggest call T-rex direct as that is what we do!
We are doing QSDP for the first time ever as we got it for free for our first summer trip to the world and we always do the reqular DDP. I have been a little nervous about it so I have 3 booked- Tea at the GF, HDDR and T-rex on our last full day. Here's to 77 more days!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Thanks! I will try that. Do you know how I can find the number? Is it on their website?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter