• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you are doing the dinner package with CP...

We did it last year, and ate at Le Cellier because i have always wanted to eat there. They also have steak on the children's menu, which my little ones enjoyed.

My reply is similar to georgina's. We are going to do it at Le Cellier on Christmas Eve. We picked that because we are picky eaters and the menu looks great to me. Plus Ive heard mostly rave reviews about it. They also have a kids menu with some regular food that my kids might eat...hotdogs. :rolleyes: ;)
I was also considering Alfredos since we love Italian food. DH & I have eaten there before and enjoyed it very much, but we wanted to try something new for this.

we are eating at teppanyki in japan. we have eaten here serveral times for CP. my son(22 yrs) just likes showing off using chopsticks!! no, actually, we just enjoy the restaurant. had booked rose and crown and after dining there in september, we were not that impressed; so, when we got home i changed it. are we there yet?:tongue:

We're eating at Garden Grill just because we like it there. One of my dd's favorite spots.

we're eating at Coral Reef. We have already ate at Le Cellier and Garden Grill on previous trips and have always wanted to try CR. The kids are old enough to remember it ( 10 and 5) too. We are going to made a special evening out of it and dress up a little Khakis and a sweater) by Disney standards.
Wish me luck on getting a tank table.

-Kim

Is CP the Candlelight Processional?

If so, we are eating at the Biergarten. We have a German restaurant here and we looooove German food. In the Unauthorized Guide to Disney World it comes hiiiighly recommended. :D

It's all-you-can-eat and for unfamiliar folk there are basics like roasted chicken and pretzel bread...but we love the sauerbraten, german potato salad, cabbage, etc.

I'm praying they have apple streudel the night that we get there!!! :D

Anyway - it's supposed to be great - lots of good reviews on this website as well as in the guide, so we'll give it a shot! I think the people who didn't care for it were not familiar with German fare - but if you love a good brat - go for it! ;)

We are eating at Alfredo, DS's favorite restaurant so we always do it for CP. They love that gigantic veal chop, I actually can't look at it:eek:, but the pasta sampler has really improved so that's what I'm having::yes::

Hope everyone has an AWESOME time!!:D

We are going to CP for the 1st time this year. At first I wasn't going to do the dinner package, but then I got worried that we wouldn't get a seat for the show. Since my DH is not the adventurous type when it comes to food, I chose the Garden Grill, but am now considering changing to the Coral Reef. We ate at the Reef during our honeymoon 18 years ago and have never eaten at the Garden Grill.

I have not been able to find a menu for the Garden Grill, but I figured he should be able to find something he likes at an "American" restaurant. Does anyone know where I can find a link to a menu for the Grill?

Thanks!
Sandy

We are going to Le Cellier because we love it so much. Last year we did Rose & Crown and it was ok, but since I'm planning for the entire family I wanted something that was a sure hit - so Le Cellier it is. The menu for Garden Grill is on Deb's site -www.wdwig.com

Lisa

I'm eating at Rose and Crown. I picked it because, besides never seeing CP, I've never eaten at R&C. And I've heard so much about the famed Illuminations view when dining there, I figured I might as well try for it on this trip. Unfortunately, the latest PS was 8:00, so I'll probably have to try to eat very slowly!

This is our first Candle Processional :tongue:

We can't wait. We are eating at the Garden Grille, mainly so DS can get in his fill of characters!

We're doing San Angel because I've always wanted to eat there and never did. Doesn't hurt that I am a magnet to Mexican food.
Also, I've had Chef's de France before and wasn't THAT impressed for the cost, and the person I'm going with refuses to try Akershush again.

We're doing San Angel because I've always wanted to eat there and never did.
Hopefully San Angel is better this year for the CP Dinner Package than it was last year. We did it last year and it was a little disappointing. They charged us for drinks (which were technically not included in previous years but Le Cellier never charged us for them) and they didn't let us order dessert off the menu (they said all we could have was flan). Le Cellier always seems so accomodating and San Angel was anyting but.

Originally posted by DisneyKidds
Hopefully San Angel is better this year for the CP Dinner Package than it was last year. We did it last year and it was a little disappointing. They charged us for drinks (which were technically not included in previous years but Le Cellier never charged us for them) and they didn't let us order dessert off the menu (they said all we could have was flan). Le Cellier always seems so accomodating and San Angel was anyting but.

Hmm ... we've got dinner booked at San Angel because it's a restaurant that we've always wanted to try. I'm crossing my fingers that things will go smoothly this year. :)

Originally posted by bunnyfoo
Hmm ... we've got dinner booked at San Angel because it's a restaurant that we've always wanted to try. I'm crossing my fingers that things will go smoothly this year. :)

Fingers crossed too! Flan....YUCK!

We have two CP planned. We will be trying the Restaurant Marrakesh in Morocco. It's part of our gift to IL's. DH picked it because they like to try new and different things. DH and I probably will wait to see the CP itself until Christmas Day, though and just meet them for the dinner part.

For Christams we have ressies for the Biergarten that night. We picked it for many reasons. DH was an exchange student in Germany for a year when he was younger. We have both been to Germany and we loved the food. We have never eaten at the Biergarten; but sure we will enjoy it!

We are also eating at San Angel. We always wanted to try this too! Hope it's good. We are going on 12/30/04. Last night of the CP and my birthday. Can't wait. Gina
:bounce:

We are also eating at San Angel.
Not trying to rain on your San Angel parade guys................just wanted you to be aware of our experience.

San Angel is a nice restaurant. The atmosphere is great........and the food is ok. Hopefully they don't limit you guys on the dessert. That was my biggest disappointment..............what can I say - I love desserts!

Good luck with it.

We are doing Le Cellier again this year. The food is consistently very good there and the servers are very nice.

I hear ya DisneyKidds!
Thanks for the warning though. I would much rather hear about it in advance and expect it than go in checking out all the great desserts (the Chocolate Chimichanga has already caught my eye) and be told "No" then.
Other than that, do they limit your choices on food? What did you get?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter