If you are cancelling Halloween ressie

superblonde29

Earning My Ears
If you happen to have to cancel a reservation for Halloween night, I would greatly appreciate if someone could give me an advance heads up. We had to rearrange our annual ressies in March due to a family emergency and are trying to go in October for our anniversary instead. I booked very late at night October 23-Oct31 then Nov 1-9th not understanding why they wouldn't book together. Ummm.... because they would like us to LEAVE on the 31st. DOH!!!! So before I break my family's heart and tell them the news I am hoping I can score the single night I am looking for.

We will toast and be Merry in your honor I promise. :goodvibes

Thanks in advance.

Last year I made reservations pretty late for Halloween week. I was shocked to find the place almost totally booked already for the same timeframe. I feel lucky to have snagged a site (only Premium were left). We too need to check out on the 31st, but I'm okay with that (no young ones).
Keep checking, you never know. Did you look for a one night cabin rental? You could always leave the camper in overflow.
Good luck, I bet something will come up. pixiedust:

I really really hope so. Should I be up early every morning and checking like in the old days? Or just constantly throughout the day you think?

If you happen to have to cancel a reservation for Halloween night, I would greatly appreciate if someone could give me an advance heads up. We had to rearrange our annual ressies in March due to a family emergency and are trying to go in October for our anniversary instead. I booked very late at night October 23-Oct31 then Nov 1-9th not understanding why they wouldn't book together. Ummm.... because they would like us to LEAVE on the 31st. DOH!!!! So before I break my family's heart and tell them the news I am hoping I can score the single night I am looking for.

We will toast and be Merry in your honor I promise. :goodvibes

Thanks in advance.
From my experience with cancelling reservations they don't appear to show up in inventory right away so this may not be of help.

The good news is if Halloween is anything like Christmas there will openings here and there leading up the time, especially around the prepayment and non-refundable deposit deadline dates, If I recall correctly they are 90 days for packages and 5-10 days for resort only reservations.

I would check daily until you complete the ressie. I think you also may have to call instead of use the online site as you cannot make a 1 day ressie or change a ressie on the website.

We had this same problem this past new year, here's what we did. We went ahead and booked the 3 days before and 4 days after the 31st and 1st. 31st and 1st were full.

The week before I was able to get the 31st tent site only so we booked that and planned to leave the camper in the overflow and just stay in the camper van and tent the 31st and Tropical Palms the 1st. Not ideal but do-able.

The day of the 31st we went up to the front desk, explained how we would rather not have to do the campsite merry go round if at all possible. They took our number and said someone would call us later to let us know if they could d o anything.
3 hours later they called and said to just stay in our site :)
So keep trying even right up to the very day (make back up plans of course)
Good luck!

Was wondering if you got your reservations for Halloween. We have been checking also for over a week and its still booked!

I guess there's quite a few of us trying to get a reservation. I ended making mine as a split stay at 2 value resorts but really want to camp at the Fort - so I just keep stalking....

UPDATE TO MY PREVIOUS POST: Keep stalking!!! I just was able to score a premium site 10/26 - 11/7! Do not give up just keep checking!

I almost had a reservation but it didn't go through. there was a glitch with the website the other morning so i kept checking (it said to try later) i finally got the dates i wanted, and when i went to reserve it the website went down again! grrrr! lol oh well, will keep trying!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter