If you’re on the fence about doing a last minute trip between Disney and Universal

FSU Girl

DIS Veteran
I just wanted to share my great experience planning a last minute trip to Universal. I was trying to decide between going to Disney or Universal less than a week out. We decided on universal, staying at the Portofino to get the express pass. We stayed in the minion kid suite and the kids loved it for the decoration and privacy.

I was worried it would be really crowded because of the holiday, but the crowds were really manageable and with the express pass we walked onto almost every ride. Longest wait was for fast and the furious. We also made dinner reservations the night before with no issue. I don’t think going to Disney last minute would have been as easy.

So if you’re on the fence between where to go and doing it last minute I highly recommend Universal. We had a great vacation.

Definitely easier to do Universal on short notice. I find that unless you can plan Disney 60+ days ahead of time, you shouldn't bother (unless of course you're local). Disneyland is a different story. Way easier to plan a last-minute trip there.

Universal is incredibly easy. We have now made additional 2 last minute trips there this year using our APs. I've found great AP discounts at the Portofino as well. I can't imagine doing Disney last minute. I need at least 5 months to plan a proper Disney trip.

So glad you had a great trip! You can definitely do UO on short notice. The main thing is finding availability at a hotel- and a deluxe offering EP. Once you get that, then you can wing it!

So glad you had a great trip! You can definitely do UO on short notice. The main thing is finding availability at a hotel- and a deluxe offering EP. Once you get that, then you can wing it!
Ya that was the hardest part looking for a room that would work. Luckily there was something available and I grabbed it :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter