If we stay at Pop, can we use AoA pools?

LisaTN

DIS Veteran
Someone mentioned that there was no pool hopping between resorts but the CM who booked us told me we could.... Just curious.. I know DD4 would love swim at the LM pool ;)

Someone mentioned that there was no pool hopping between resorts but the CM who booked us told me we could.... Just curious.. I know DD4 would love swim at the LM pool ;)

No. AoA guests cannot use the POP pools, and POP guests can't use the AoA pools.

The Big Blue pool at AoA is frequently locked and requires your room key to open. It was that way during our entire stay last August.

Bummer!!!! I hear pop has cool pools, though. We chose Pop because there are only four of us and the LM rooms seemed so far from the bus stops... We've only ever stayed at POR so I'm
Nervous about staying at a new resort.

I have been at POP several times over the past few years in several different sections and have not found any of them to far from the main building or the Busses. The Art of Animation is a carbon copy of the POP layout of buildings.
AoA will cost a little more than Pop but I'm sure a 4yr girl would LOVE a little mermaid room. I'm not certain but I would say size wise POR & POP are about the same as far as walking distance from the farthest rooms to Busses or the Food service area. Keep in mind that POR is the Smallest of all the Moderate Resorts. The Values have more guest because the buildings are 3 or 4 stories, where as most of the Moderates or just 2-3 stories. So the place where POP or AoA will be busier is the Food Court; after 8am. Also the Bus stops can seem pretty hectic but move pretty well in the morning. Coming Back after Fireworks, Parades or Closing can also seem to take a long time but I think Disney does a great job with their Transportation Services.

PS. From what I had read, they have fenced off the AoA main Pool so it can only be used by guest there. You can still go over and walk around the areas and take All the Pictures you want.

I have been at POP several times over the past few years in several different sections and have not found any of them to far from the main building or the Busses. The Art of Animation is a carbon copy of the POP layout of buildings.
AoA will cost a little more than Pop but I'm sure a 4yr girl would LOVE a little mermaid room. I'm not certain but I would say size wise POR & POP are about the same as far as walking distance from the farthest rooms to Busses or the Food service area. Keep in mind that POR is the Smallest of all the Moderate Resorts. The Values have more guest because the buildings are 3 or 4 stories, where as most of the Moderates or just 2-3 stories. So the place where POP or AoA will be busier is the Food Court; after 8am. Also the Bus stops can seem pretty hectic but move pretty well in the morning. Coming Back after Fireworks, Parades or Closing can also seem to take a long time but I think Disney does a great job with their Transportation Services.

PS. From what I had read, they have fenced off the AoA main Pool so it can only be used by guest there. You can still go over and walk around the areas and take All the Pictures you want.

POFQ is the smallest mod, not POR.

I stayed at Pop last month in a non-preferred room and did not find the walk to the main building to be long at all. We were able to park very close to our room since we were all the way at the end of the resort...that was nice!

Bummer!!!! I hear pop has cool pools, though. We chose Pop because there are only four of us and the LM rooms seemed so far from the bus stops... We've only ever stayed at POR so I'm
Nervous about staying at a new resort.

Don't be nervous. Pop Century is a nice place.

About the pools - take your daughter up to the highest floor in the 50s section so she can look out over the bowling pin pool. The point out the lanes and the markings on the ground. Also point out how the laundry room looks like the shoe storage area at a bowling alley.

Over the the computer pool, take her up to the highest floor in the 80s section and point out how the keyboard is lined up to the square pool since that's supposed to be the monitor. And that laundry room is the CPU of the computer.

There are themes all over Disney World.

We love POP! The pools there are great. I never thought to go up to the high floors and look at the pools! I will have to check that out! :)

We just got back from POP today. Unfortunately, the AoA pool is gated and there is a sign stating that only AoA guests may use the AoA pool. The Hippie Dippie Pool at POP looked like more fun anyway. We usually stay at AKL and my boys 10 and 8 loved POP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter