If we love Ohanas then we would love???

disney2008

Mouseketeer
We are creatures of habit! Once we have favorite restaurants we don't want try anything else for fear of disappointment. My goal is to try one or two new restaurants a trip. So, if we Love Ohanas (dinner and breakfast too) what would we like.
I am tossing around Konas and Bomas...any other suggestions???

Thanks!!!

Yak & Yeti in the AK.

Yes, Kona & Boma.

Maybe the Spirit of Aloha Luau at the Poly, too?

For a CS meal, Captain Cook's at the Poly has a great asian pulled pork sandwich and house-made seasoned chips.

you would really like kona, yak n yeti, and teppan edo if you love ohana!

kona's breakfast is awesome too :)

oh, i wish i was @ ohana right now, i love it too! we also love kona, the wave, crystal palace, and chef mickey. the yr we had AP, we had free dining table service on like 5 trips that year so we got to try out a lot of the disney restaurants. there are so many good ones too. we enjoyed raglan road in dtd. if we were going back on the reg. dp, we would have to do ohana, kona, wave, cape may, crystal palace, cali grill, citricos, and narcoossees!!

We love 'Ohana but did not like Boma for dinner. Haven't tried breakfast. You'll never know until you try though.

Thanks everyone!
Might try Yak n Yeti and Konas. Would like to try Teppan edo but don't think the kids would like it but I think we would.

If you have a car, and don't mind going off property, you would LOVE a place called Texas De Brazil. It is amazingly good. It is pricey, but if you sign up on their website they often have great deals and coupons.

We like to head out there at least once during our trip.

I love Ohana too-but our next trip is too quick, and they are already booked! (Meaning-we booked it a week ago and we're going in May). However, I WILL be eating at Captain Cook's. I plan to walk over from the GF to get the salad they have, too...(In addition to the pulled pork!).

Ohana is my favorite restaurant on property too! I also love Whispering Canyon (similar atmosphere and family style), Kona (any time of day), Teppan Edo, and Sanaa. I recently discover Sanaa and loved it! The tandoori chicken is wonderful and reminds me of the food at Ohana. And you can watch the animals (if you're there in the daylight). Its a great place and is tucked away in a quite corner.

If you like Ohana breakfast I'd go with Tusker House breakfast... I think those two have the best character interaction and awesome juice!

First of all there is no "s" at the end of Boma or Kona or 'Ohana ... Sorry, just a peeve that drives me nuts.

As someone who loves 'Ohana I can tell you that there is nowhere else that equates to what you get at 'Ohana. You may love Boma or Cape May but the formula for 'Ohana hasn't been repeated elsewhere. The closest would be a Brazillian Churrascaria I think.

Just research and try. It'll be great or it won't won't but that's part of the fun.

Thanks everyone!
Might try Yak n Yeti and Konas. Would like to try Teppan edo but don't think the kids would like it but I think we would.

You might seriously be surprised. My two picky eaters (13 and 4 when we went last) LOVED Teppan Edo. Not may favorite place, but they think it's amazing and have it on their "must do list." As a matter of fact, dd's birthday is next week and she wants to try our local hibachi restaurant because she liked Teppan Edo so much last time we were there.

Thanks Cathie,
Maybe I can make that my birthday dinner....that can't fuss about that now can they!

I'd definitely say Kona!

I had asked a couple of weeks ago if 'Ohana and Yak and Yeti were similar and most people replied not at all, but to me the menu reminded me of 'Ohana.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter