If we can DREAM it, we can do it! ..... another 30 day vacation Update 02/07

Yum, that pie on a stick looks good. I'll have to store the name away because the first piece didn't sound very good. The second piece sounded wonderful, nice tart lime pie and chocolate, mmmmmmmm:thumbsup2

I love seeing the cruise ships too. Makes me kind of want to book a cruise with a stop in Key West:idea:

Uh-oh, commotion.:eek: What could it be?

Key West is such a fun funcky place. We just love it. Do try to make it to Mallory Square for sunset some time. It really is magical!

Great update, Karin. The view is gorgeous, and the food is making my tummy grumble (guess I didn't eat enough for dinner ;)).

I will let you know as soon as I find out more. There is still a chance I may not go. Airfare is being tricky... but also, I don't necessarily want to take a trip completely solo and that is what it is looking like may happen. :sad2: We will see though. I have till December 1 to apply for a deferment on my race registration. I for sure will be going back for the ToT race next fall (so the end of September) It is really too bad I cant just transfer the registration from the princess onto that registration...but it has to go to the 2014 PHM.

We still have over three months to plan, Ann! It would just be so much fun if we ALL could get together for a few minutes. :goodvibes
Don't tell me about airfare - it is just horrid at the moment and I really goofed up on booking our summer vacation flight.
I am still keeping my fingers crossed it will work out for you and we will get to see you (selfish me! ;))

Okay the cliffanging COMMOTION!!!!!Enquiring minds want to know ???:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

It's nothing bad, Rosie. :rotfl2: Very nice event we got to witness. ;)

Yum, that pie on a stick looks good. I'll have to store the name away because the first piece didn't sound very good. The second piece sounded wonderful, nice tart lime pie and chocolate, mmmmmmmm:thumbsup2

I love seeing the cruise ships too. Makes me kind of want to book a cruise with a stop in Key West:idea:

Uh-oh, commotion.:eek: What could it be?

I just loved the second Key Lime on a stick - so nice and tart and a thicker crust. Yum, yum!!
Just good commotion, :lmao: ....... you will all be disappointed when you find out - nothing drastic.

Wonderful trip report, thank you for sharing.:)

I am glad you like it so far ..... lots more to come! :goodvibes

Key West is such a fun funcky place. We just love it. Do try to make it to Mallory Square for sunset some time. It really is magical!

I really had a Mallory Square sunset on my list this time (we have NEVER made it there for the sunset in 4 trips to Key West!), but again, we never made it there. But I will put it on my list again for next summer. :goodvibes Thanks for your :thumbsup2!

Great update, Karin. The view is gorgeous, and the food is making my tummy grumble (guess I didn't eat enough for dinner ;)).

Thank you, Kathy.
We just love the location of our resort room - it is absolutely gorgeous .... and the food is equally yummy. ;) :lmao:

Day 5, August 15

A lovely view, a wedding and a guest in the tree - Part 2

Then we noticed some commotion at the beach area right underneath our balcony. They put up ropes, asked people to move and removed the hammock.

DSC_0154.jpg

DSC_0153.jpg

Something was up and we whatever it was we would have front row seats. But there was something else we wanted to do that afternoon. And we were about to set out to fulfill our goal.
At around 3.30 we got ready to head out again. We wanted to try the viewing area on top of the Crowne Plaza Key West-La Concha hotel. Their rooftop is open to the public after 4pm and we wanted to check out the view from there. So we walked up Duval Street

IMG_4797.jpg

from the opposite direction than in the morning. It was hot, real hot, so we walked very slowly.
But Key West is not very large so after about 20 minutes we had reached our destination. We asked at the Concierge desk IF we were allowed to go up to the deck and where we needed to go and we were directed towards the front of the hotel to an elevator that went up to the rooftop.
So we headed over there and within a few more minutes the elevator doors opened into a bar. We were both hot and tired and the bar server was friendly and tempted us with ice-cold drink, so we just could not say no to him. Tom opted for a

DSC_0155.jpg

beer and I was easily talked into a

IMG_4798.jpg

Strawberry Daiquiri. He handed me a huge cup full of it and since he had made so much another half a cup as well.

IMG_4799.jpg

Drink in hand we headed outside into the blazing sun on the rooftop, but as hot as it was the views from up there were amazing. We found a table and some chairs and just sat there enjoying the view and our drinks for a while, then we walked from one side to the other to make the most of our visit.

IMG_4801.jpg

IMG_4802.jpg

IMG_4803.jpg

IMG_4805.jpg

DSC_0156.jpg

DSC_0157.jpg

DSC_0160.jpg

DSC_0162.jpg

DSC_0163.jpg

DSC_0164.jpg

DSC_0166.jpg

DSC_0174.jpg

DSC_0175.jpg

DSC_0178.jpg

DSC_0183.jpg

DSC_0184.jpg

DSC_0185.jpg

DSC_0189.jpg

DSC_0190.jpg

Suddenly we noticed some noise coming towards us and when we turned around we could see a plane flying very low over Key West, approaching its airport.

To be continued ............

Suddenly we noticed some noise coming towards us and when we turned around we could see a plane flying very low over Key West, approaching its airport.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: Strawberry Daquiri YUM!!!

Day 5, August 15

A lovely view, a wedding and a guest in the tree - Part 3

DSC_0193.jpg

DSC_0194.jpg

DSC_0195.jpg

DSC_0196.jpg

And while Tom was quickly snapping some pics a guy came up to us pointing at the airplane and telling us that in all the days he had come up to the rooftop he had always had a camera but he had left it in his room that day. We were stunned when we check our watches as we had stayed up on the rooftop

DSC_0198.jpg

for an hour and a half without us even noticing how much time had gone by. So we said goodbye to the beautiful view and headed to the elevator again. And soon enough we found ourselves back on the ground level and on our way back to the Southernmost on the Beach.
On the way there we passed the pier opposite the original part of the hotel

DSC_0200.jpg

DSC_0202.jpg

DSC_0201.jpg

DSC_0207.jpg

and walked out and took some more pics, then we crossed the beach and used the back entrance to our hotel.

IMG_4807.jpg

The elevator in our building was down so we climbed up the two flights of stairs, and once back in the room grabbed another beverage before going outside on the balcony. Our first thought was for the iguana. Was it still there in the palm tree?

IMG_4806.jpg

DSC_0249.jpg

Yes, it had changed position slightly but was still sitting there in the tree

DSC_0246.jpg

DSC_0247.jpg

DSC_0243.jpg

DSC_0253.jpg

and suddenly we realized that we had been right with our thoughts about what the beach would be used for. There was a wedding being performed right underneath our balcony.

DSC_0210.jpg

DSC_0214.jpg

We and many other hotel guests out on the pier watched the bride and groom exchanging their vows and then watched them having their photos taken.

DSC_0217.jpg

DSC_0224.jpg

DSC_0230.jpg

DSC_0257.jpg

It made for a fun and relaxing late afternoon on the balcony. Around 7pm we thought about having dinner and where to drive for it, but then decided to just stay close and head over to the Southernmost Beach Café again.

:wave2: So jealous of your 30 day vacations. Enjoying reading all about your trip though. We visited Key West a few years ago before heading up to Disney. We took a jet ski tour round the island and I fell off :sad2: For a while I thought we might have to cancel our Disney plans as I couldn't even walk ... luckily a few days later and I was able to hobble about but boy did it hurt!!! My advice ... DO NOT hire a jet ski :rotfl2:

Can't wait for the next instalments

Lucie

What a great view of the Beach Wedding !!! Your daiquiri looked delicious !!!! Carol is , as I knew she would , thinking about cruising in 2014 after I report how the Disney Cruise is !! I noticed they have a cruise ( not Disney) that stops in Key West hmmmmmm!!

Great pictures of Key West, my son is heading there in two weeks! I may try to sneak into their luggage!

What a pretty place to get married! There is something about a wedding, even if you don't know the people it is fun to watch. The plane pictures were also great! I don't know that I could have enjoyed the roof top with no shade. I would have felt cooked!

We still have over three months to plan, Ann! It would just be so much fun if we ALL could get together for a few minutes. :goodvibes
Don't tell me about airfare - it is just horrid at the moment and I really goofed up on booking our summer vacation flight.
I am still keeping my fingers crossed it will work out for you and we will get to see you (selfish me! ;))

I really hope that we are able to meet. As of right now, I am just not sure it is going to happen. I am registered for the phm... but it may be that I have no one to run it with me. If that person then doesn't go, then I have to decide if I am still going to do it. My only thought is... if I transfer it to next year... will have the same situation? :confused: If I do go, I need to get something booked so I have a place to stay.

I love all the beach photos! I think it looks so relaxing! You are totally changing my view on cruises and beaches!!!

The wedding is super cool to have caught...

and I am still impressed with the iguana.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter