If we bring our luggage on the ship with us, where can we store it until our stateroom is ready?

fairytalelover

DIS Veteran
We are thinking about maybe bringing our own luggage onboard rather than waiting for Disney to deliver it from our Disney resort to our stateroom. Last couple of times we had to wait hours for our luggage and really would have preferred having our things earlier. So I'm wondering if we decide to do this, can we leave them at the front desk or is it best to take it up to our stateroom and put them in the hall by the room as they do when they deliver them?

We are thinking about maybe bringing our own luggage onboard rather than waiting for Disney to deliver it from our Disney resort to our stateroom. Last couple of times we had to wait hours for our luggage and really would have preferred having our things earlier. So I'm wondering if we decide to do this, can we leave them at the front desk or is it best to take it up to our stateroom and put them in the hall by the room as they do when they deliver them?
No there isn't but I have an option for you..Now firstly any luggage going through with you has to get through the X ray scanner, standard suitcases will not get through.

Now the option, if you pay one transfer fee DCL will collect six suitcases from any WDW resort and take them direct to your stateroom, you do not need to go on the coach you can drive but they go direct. So circa$35 and six bags leave your WDW room and you see them next in your stateroom.

I'm thinking that this isn't allowed. Imagine the mess boarding if everyone decided to just bring all of their luggage with them.

Unless you pack only in carry on size you will not be able to bring your luggage onboard with you. All luggage has to fit through a standard airport size screener.

Even if you were allowed to bring full sized luggage onboard with you there would no where to store it. Guest service can't hold luggage. could you imagine if just 1 percent of the guests asked to leave luggage there? They would be overwhelmed. Also, you are not allowed in the cabin hallways until they are open at about 1:30 or 2:00.

Your choices would be to either pack what you think you need in your carry ons until your luggage arrives or completely pack in carry on sized luggage. All luggage is delivered throughout the afternoon with some not getting to rooms until 5 ish or so. It is just the way it is.

MJ

No. You will have to keep it with you all day. If they will let you. I'm not sure they will let you, I have never seen it.

Unless you pack only in carry on size you will not be able to bring your luggage onboard with you. All luggage has to fit through a standard airport size screener.

Even if you were allowed to bring full sized luggage onboard with you there would no where to store it. Guest service can't hold luggage. could you imagine if just 1 percent of the guests asked to leave luggage there? They would be overwhelmed. Also, you are not allowed in the cabin hallways until they are open at about 1:30 or 2:00.

Your choices would be to either pack what you think you need in your carry ons until your luggage arrives or completely pack in carry on sized luggage. All luggage is delivered throughout the afternoon with some not getting to rooms until 5 ish or so. It is just the way it is.

MJ
on the last cruise, our luggage didnt get to us until 5:30pm. We had to call the front desk, fearing they forgot our luggage at the resort. Even the front desk was concerned until they found our luggage and delivered it to us. We just dont want to have to wait that long for our stuff.

My DH carried her bag with make-up, hairdryer, curling iron and our medications on baord with us. You could probably carry a small bag with you as well with change(s) of clothes. If you board and do lunch, you really aren't waiting around and carrying a bunch of bags. You can get the porters/hotl most of the bags and carry on the bags you need. Just make sure they can fit through the x-ray machines.

on the last cruise, our luggage didnt get to us until 5:30pm. We had to call the front desk, fearing they forgot our luggage at the resort. Even the front desk was concerned until they found our luggage and delivered it to us. We just dont want to have to wait that long for our stuff.

Totally understand. I think it is the luck of the draw if your luggage arrives earlier or later. On our cruise this month we got all our bags by 2:00 pm

MJ

Totally understand. I think it is the luck of the draw if your luggage arrives earlier or later. On our cruise this month we got all our bags by 2:00 pm

MJ
You are very lucky. On our last trip we got our luggage around midnight or so at our resort and after 5pm on the cruise. It sucked both times.....it has made us rethink using disney luggage services and just hauling our own luggage.

If everything you need fits in your carry-on, have you considered boarding after 1:30 so that you can go directly to your stateroom?

You don't have a choice. If your luggage isn't all carry-on sized, then even if you transport it to the port yourselves, you still will need to turn it over to the porters at the curb and won't see it again until it's delivered to your stateroom. There isn't any wiggle room there, you either pack in only carry-on sizes, and keep your luggage with you until 1:30 or so when the staterooms are opened, or they will deliver your bags to you.

You don't have a choice. If your luggage isn't all carry-on sized, then even if you transport it to the port yourselves, you still will need to turn it over to the porters at the curb and won't see it again until it's delivered to your stateroom. There isn't any wiggle room there, you either pack in only carry-on sizes, and keep your luggage with you until 1:30 or so when the staterooms are opened, or they will deliver your bags to you.
well that's good to know before we were gonna try walking on with our luggage. I guess we will just take our carry on and hope for the best.

DCL will not hold carry-on luggage. Whatever you bring on is in your possession until your room is ready.

Also, as you already know, the terminal can get a bit cozy right before boarding and extra baggage in the terminal just wouldn't help that issue.

My understanding is that all the dropped off luggage goes through a special security, they even have dogs that inspect the luggage. We have received notices on our luggage that states that our luggage was inspected by "so and so". Even if you showed up latter in the day, so you could go straight to your stateroom, they would still make you drop your luggage with the porters.

Even if you showed up latter in the day, so you could go straight to your stateroom, they would still make you drop your luggage with the porters.

If all their luggage was of carryon size, they could arrive at 1:30, carry it all through security, and go straight to their room. You only have to check luggage that won't fit through the scanners.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter