If U have been the Magic.. what floor/staterooms are being affected?

I was just in 7570 on the Magic and got back on Sunday. The room was in excellent condition. The toilet didn't flush one morning but we called Maintenance and they came right up and fixed it immediately. No issues after that.

The other thing I want to mention, this room is now a connecting room. I don't know if it was the connecting door or the guests in the other room but it was LOUD! We could hear them talking, their wake up calls, etc. One night they were up laughing and having a grand ole time until 12:30am. I finally got up and banged on the connecting door and they immediately shut up. LOL

Would love to hear reports of 6538 if anyone has sailed recently. Thanks! :goodvibes

We were on the Dec 4th (4 night) and upgraded at the port before we boarded from an inside CAT11B to 7A. We had two cabins to choose from. One was on the Deck6 and was a connecting cabin. So, we chose Cabin 5638. We first entered the cabin around 3pm. The veranda was not in great shape and had water in places. Then we found after removing our shoes that the floor outside the bath nearest the cabin entrance was wet. I went to guest services. I didn't call maintenance or guest services and I didn't look for a cabin steward. I went immediately to Guest Services and spoke very nicely not knowing what to expect. She left me and went into the closed area for quite a while. I was wondering if I should push for a new cabin. But when she returned, we were given another cabin to switch with no asking on my part. They said there were plumbing issues and that another cabin was available. Our cruise had a number of available cabins. What a relief. The next night there was a bottle of wine compliments of Guest Services delivered to our cabin. We were thrilled to be in a CAT4B on Deck8. Thanks DCL!! ;)

Our family had 7556 and 7552 for the 12/4/2013 Magic. Both of our toilets did not work on a few occassions and were flushed "remotely". They remained cloggged even after that, and we had to call a few times. This was in addition to the black debris/residue issue.

The toilet in 7556 specifically was not cleaned properly when we checked in (it looked like the person ahead of us had a stomach illness :sick:). Our room host was polite but not very detailed. The supervisor stopped by a few days into the cruise to specifically ask about his performance.

We were happy to be on the ship to see the new changes, but disappointed with the quality of food this trip (compared to being on the ship only just in June) and the overall vibe of the crew. That might be attributed to it being a 4-day cruise and there's always that "rush" that affects everyone. We skipped most of the shows but enjoyed the cast of Dreams more than usual. Miami port crew were not terribly efficient or friendly.

My fave thing about the new stateroom was the new sofa. The prior ones were so worn. The new one we had had a squeaky spring, but my daughter thought it was funny. The dresser drawer helped add enough storage so I didn't have to take the suitcases in & out, and it was nice to stick the cases underneath the bed.

We were in room 6105, interior on port side mid / aft. Our toilet worked fine. We had hot water: sink would get very hot. Shower would get very warm / mildly hot. Poor a/c at first, but better later in the cruise (after sudden stop at Miami where we watched them load some compressed gas cylinders). I did a full report on the Magic under the Trip Reports forum.
Do you mind if I ask how the beds are configured in this room? We are staying in 6105 for our February cruise and this is our first cruise ever! Thanks for any tips and/or info ;-)

Just off the Magic on weds 12/18/13 & our room was good. We were in sph 5020. My parents were in 5013 & had to be moved as soon as we boarded. Their room had a sewer smell. Gave my dad a headache. They moved to 5000 & had no issues there. I think the Magic looks amazing!!!!!! The crew is excellent as always.

Hi All,
Any reports on cabin 7136 would be great! Could anyone let me know what kind of verandah this is?

Many Thanks!
Adam

Hi All,
Any reports on cabin 7136 would be great! Could anyone let me know what kind of verandah this is?

Many Thanks!
Adam
On the Magic 7136 is an accessible cabin aft with an oversized verandah. We have this booked for Feb 2014 as DH needs an accessible bathroom.

Thanks for the info! Do you know if it is a solid white wall or a regular see through wall? We booked as a gty type room so we are surprised they gave us a HA room. I hope you do not mind me asking you these questions:

1. Is the restroom the same as the other rooms except without a tub?
2. Is it still 2 split rooms? 1 for the toilet and sink and another room for the shower with sink? I imagine there is no lip going into the restroom and shower room
3. anything else different about this room? It looks very large and the deck looks huge as well! I was hoping for a see through type wall but assume its a solid white wall?

Thanks for all the info and anything else you can tell us!
Adam

PS I will let you know about any issues we have with the cabin when we return!

On the Magic 7136 is an accessible cabin aft with an oversized verandah. We have this booked for Feb 2014 as DH needs an accessible bathroom.

Just off the Magic on weds 12/18/13 & our room was good. We were in sph 5020. My parents were in 5013 & had to be moved as soon as we boarded. Their room had a sewer smell. Gave my dad a headache. They moved to 5000 & had no issues there. I think the Magic looks amazing!!!!!! The crew is excellent as always.

Thanks - We're sailing in May to celebrate my 50th Birthday and booked Room 5020. I've been monitoring to see how they manage the issues. Lots can happen in 5 months, ofcourse, but I'm happy to see a specific report on what will be our room.

Any reports for sph 5022? We will be taking our first cruise in May and have selected this to be our room. I am really bothered by smells so I'm a little worried by these reports. Thanks!

We have an upcoming Magic cruise with a large group. Can anyone report on any of the following rooms: 6546, 6544, 6521, 6644, 6599, 6634 or 8090? Thank you!!!!

Just checking again if there is any info on these rooms. Thanks!!!!

Any reports for sph 5022? We will be taking our first cruise in May and have selected this to be our room. I am really bothered by smells so I'm a little worried by these reports. Thanks!

We had this room over Thanksgiving...no problems at all. Very close to kids clubs and kids hidden away so not much trafic. Wishing you a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter