If U have been the Magic.. what floor/staterooms are being affected?

we will be in mid ship stateroom 7570 on January 2nd sailing. Has anyone had any issues mid ship?

We were in room 6105, interior on port side mid / aft. Our toilet worked fine. We had hot water: sink would get very hot. Shower would get very warm / mildly hot. Poor a/c at first, but better later in the cruise (after sudden stop at Miami where we watched them load some compressed gas cylinders). I did a full report on the Magic under the Trip Reports forum.
We are in the exact room for our cruise in February. Glad to hear no horror stories ;-)

We were in 2584. By the end of the trip, we were calling maintenance the "Potty Concierge". At first it was every couple times we would have to call, but then it turned into every time. :laughing:

Sailed the Magic 11/1. Stateroom 6567 everything worked just fine. The walls were dinged a little but bed, table, and carpet were new. The fridge was replaced day 1. The entire aft section of decks 2-6 had a faint sewage smell. And yes, she is a creaky old girl in rough seas. Also, service from the kitchen was as sloooooow....

Still had a good time but the Magic needs to go back to drydock for another couple MONTHS.

We were in 2584. By the end of the trip, we were calling maintenance the "Potty Concierge". At first it was every couple times we would have to call, but then it turned into every time. :laughing:

Oh no! We will be in 2572 - 6 cabins away from where you were!

We will be on the Thanksgiving sailing 11/24/13. Maybe things will be better by then - I hope!

We Sailed on 11/06 room 7520 Forward, our room was in good shape verandah newly painted and spacious, no plumbing problems at all toilet working in order and water hot enough. Our safe interior mechanism came apart the second I open it upon arriving at room I called GS to let them know and didn't care much if it was working or since we don't travel with many valuables what was a real problem was the A/C it was freezing and no matter how much we tried the control didn't work, after hearing about problems with the A/C Aft of the ship I guessed the we're trying to compensate by keeping the rest of the ship as cold as possible, bottom line me and DD ended our trip with sore throats and feeling under the weather.Oh the safe got fixed mid morning on the last day

We just got off the 11/24 Thanksgiving sailing of the Magic. Stateroom 6630 was fine, no problems with hot water, toilets or anything else. It creaked quite a bit during a rough sea day, but we have experienced that on the other ships too. We had family in 6652 and they had a toilet issue a couple of times (did not flush reliably). Reported it to guest services and someone came right away to fix it on both occasions. Otherwise they liked the room, but again, it creaked on the rough sea day. I did hear reports of some flooding in staterooms on deck 5. We also saw some leaky spots in the hallways and a HUGE leak from the sprinkler outside the After Hours restroom one day. Carpet was soaked and the crew was cleaning it up for hours. Overall we had a fantastic cruise but they are still having some issues. New re-imagined areas were gorgeous and the service was outstanding.

Nov 20 4 nights, cabin 7524. Everything worked well, cabin was clean, verandah was freshly painted. No plumbing or water issues. A/C was fine. Only strange thing was one of the glass panels on deck 9 was broken at some point overnight and there was shattered glass all over the verandah in the morning. Shattered like a windshield so dice size chunks everywhere. Don't know how it was broken but the section was roped off in the morning. They cleaned it up after I mentioned it but I was surprised no one checked the verandahs under the shattered panel beforehand. It was very odd.

We were on the Thanksgiving cruise, 11/24-11/29 in room 2517. We had a horrible smell in our room from the start. The smell was something like what a chemical toilet smells like. Not the scent you want in a room on a cruise. We later were told it was a "plumbing issue". We were eventually moved into 2544 two days later. That room was fine. We continued to smell the odor all around the ship.

We were in 6106 verandah room on 10/27 cruise. We had a tub that needed replacing as it had been damaged during the remodel. We also had a pipe leaking on the verandah and a sink that wouldn't shut off. None of our issues were upsetting us, so we just reported them and continued on. They came regularly to repair the issues. Had a great cruise with family and friends!

We were in rooms 7500 and 7501 on the Nov 20th sailing. Everything was perfect. Not only did we have no issues, we did not we hear of any issues from anyone else.
Honestly, I think all the comments about fragments of rust on window ledges etc are made by people who should redirect their attention to enjoying the cruise! It is a beautiful ship, now even more so. Aqua dunk was great, as was the Twist and Spout. Crew excellent. Absolutely nothing to complain about!
Enjoy your cruises everyone....and stop worrying!

We were in room 7626 on the 11/15 sailing and there were no issues. Loved the location as it was very quiet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter