If This Doesn't Scare You, No Trip Report Will! New 11/15 Two updates!

Joining in!! I'm very excited to see how our weekends compared. So far, yours seems exactly the same as mine! I also left on Wednesday the 18th AND had to teach all day too! Longest....day....EVER! Ha! BTW, girls are sooooo adorable!

Joining in!! I'm very excited to see how our weekends compared. So far, yours seems exactly the same as mine! I also left on Wednesday the 18th AND had to teach all day too! Longest....day....EVER! Ha! BTW, girls are sooooo adorable!

Yes that day was super long!! But I didn't want to take the extra day. Thanks for joining in!

Thursday, September 29th

At 1:30 in the morning, there was a loud knock on our door. Our bags had arrived! Luckily the girls didn’t wake up and Stacy was next to the door, so she groggily handed him his tip and got our bags in. We fell right back to sleep and slept until about 6:30.

We all woke up excited even though it was so early. Where were we headed? AM EMH at the Magic Kingdom! We all had to shower and get ready, so we weren’t out the door until a little after 7:30. Here are the girls waiting for their first Disney bus of the trip!
IMG_2976.jpg

IMG_2977.jpg

We got to the Magic Kingdom only a little after 8, got our bags inspected, and headed in. The first thing we did was stop for a Photopass picture! I don’t have the CD yet, so I will post it when I can. But here are a couple that I took:
IMG_2979.jpg

IMG_2980.jpg

I shot this video of the first glimpse they got of the castle. It is a little bumpy-Blair Witch style-since I was walking and recording at the same time. I love their excitement though! (I hope I am posting it right).

As the video ended, we were getting another Photopass taken. After that, we walked right up Main Street and through the castle! Our original destination had been Dumbo, but it already had a 20 minute wait. Peter Pan did, too, so we grabbed Fastpasses for later. As we were walking to our first ride, Bella asked, “Mom, can we call our Peter Pan Fast passes ‘Peter Passes?’

Our first ride wasn’t far away--it was “It’s a Small World.” I didn’t take any pictures because I was video taping, but Stacy has some, and when she emails me copies I will post them. We did walk right on.

We all enjoyed the ride and walked over to Winnie the Pooh. I took a lot of pictures in the new queue since we hadn’t seen it before. We waited less than 10 minutes for this ride.
IMG_2982.jpg

IMG_2983.jpg

IMG_2987.jpg

IMG_2988.jpg

IMG_2990.jpg

It was fun as always, and when we were done on it, we went to the Mad Tea Party and walked right on--probably only half of the tea cups had people in them!
IMG_2992.jpg

IMG_2994.jpg

After this ride, we realized the girls hadn’t had anything to eat or drink since the plane ride the night before (great parenting right there) and they were getting hungry. We decided to ride the Tomorrowland Speedway since it was right there and then we would get something to eat. We waited probably 10 minutes before getting into our cars.
IMG_2995.jpg

IMG_2998.jpg

IMG_2999.jpg

On the way back, we stopped for these pictures.
IMG_3000.jpg

IMG_3001.jpg

IMG_3002.jpg

The girls decided to try pulling the sword out of the stone.

IMG_3004.jpg

IMG_3005.jpg

They also decided they could manage a ride on the carousel before they ate. Our Peter Pan Fastpass time was up, so I went to get Splash Mountain fast passes while they did that. We planned on meeting at our breakfast destination when we were finished!

Up next:
A yummy breakfast and more fun times in the Magic Kingdom!

Great update, Kayce. I love the girls excitement of being in the MK and seeing the castle for the first time on the video. :goodvibes

Joining in!

OMG, those girls are just adorable. :goodvibes

I can't wait to hear about your trip. Your TR title intrigued me.

popcorn::

The girls are too cute! I love the video of them as they see it for the first time!!

I can't wait to read all about your trip. I am hoping to be able to pull off a fall trip next year. I, like you, am a teacher, so this can be a difficult time of year to take much time off.

I also want to hear all about the Wind & Dine 1/2 marathon. I did the Princess 1/2 this past February. Aren't Disney races awesome!!

Great update, Kayce. I love the girls excitement of being in the MK and seeing the castle for the first time on the video. :goodvibes

I was so glad I got it on tape when they saw the castle for the first time--what they did on video was what I was doing on the inside! Just such a happy feeling! :goodvibes

Joining in!

OMG, those girls are just adorable. :goodvibes

I can't wait to hear about your trip. Your TR title intrigued me.

popcorn::

Thank you! I will definitely get to the reasoning behind the title later!

The girls are too cute! I love the video of them as they see it for the first time!!

I can't wait to read all about your trip. I am hoping to be able to pull off a fall trip next year. I, like you, am a teacher, so this can be a difficult time of year to take much time off.

I also want to hear all about the Wind & Dine 1/2 marathon. I did the Princess 1/2 this past February. Aren't Disney races awesome!!

Yes it was a difficult time to take off. Luckily in my district we have a retired kindergarten teacher who taught 37 years who loves to sub. I talked to her ahead of time and the administration is much more likely to approve it for us if we have a sub lined up. It was worth it!

Disney races are amazing...I'm not sure I could do a race anywhere else, this one spoiled me! Everything runs like clockwork and it is entertaining along the way. I would love to do the Princess someday!

Great update! I loved the little video, the girls were cute when they saw the castle!

Great update. Gotta love MK early in the morning. So easy to get a lot of things accomplished in a short period of time.

I love seeing the excitement of MK and Fantasyland through these pictures!! They just look so happy you cant help but smile reading along :goodvibes

Hi Kayce... I'm here! (it's Talissa:) )

Love the TR so far! Bella is absolutely precious. Love those big blue eyes!!! The video is great. There is nothing like coming around that corner and seeing the castle for the first time. It NEVER gets old!!! Can't wait to hear more:thumbsup2

Hi! I believe I read your last TR and enjoyed hearing all about your magical time with your DD.

I am running the Princess 1/2 in Feb (my 1st) and would love to hear about your training and the run! Great job!!

Luvin the update and how cute are they walking hand in hand up main street on the video!

That is the cutest video! that is definitaly something you'll want to look back on someday :) they are too precious!

Great update. Gotta love MK early in the morning. So easy to get a lot of things accomplished in a short period of time.

MK in the early morning is the best! It is one of the only things I like getting up super early for. :thumbsup2

I love seeing the excitement of MK and Fantasyland through these pictures!! They just look so happy you cant help but smile reading along :goodvibes

It was a pretty magical moment! I was glad I was videotaping because I loved their reaction.

Hi Kayce... I'm here! (it's Talissa:) )

Love the TR so far! Bella is absolutely precious. Love those big blue eyes!!! The video is great. There is nothing like coming around that corner and seeing the castle for the first time. It NEVER gets old!!! Can't wait to hear more:thumbsup2

Hi Talissa! You are right, it never will get old! Thanks for joining in, I need to go find your report too! :goodvibes

Hi! I believe I read your last TR and enjoyed hearing all about your magical time with your DD.

I am running the Princess 1/2 in Feb (my 1st) and would love to hear about your training and the run! Great job!!

Good luck to you for the Princess half! I would totally love to do it, but unfortunately it is not in my budget at this point in time. Someday I would like to do each Disney race, I just have to space them out from year to year! ;)

Luvin the update and how cute are they walking hand in hand up main street on the video!

Thank you!!! :goodvibes

That is the cutest video! that is definitaly something you'll want to look back on someday :) they are too precious!

It will be fun for them to watch when they are older, too! I would love to have a video of my first (not for Bella but close enough) time walking down Main Street. Their excitement just made mine that much more! :yay:

I love your report! The Wine & Dine was my first half marathon too!!

Thanks! I will have to read your report, it will be interesting to hear from a different point of view!

When I left off, Stacy and the girls were on the carousel and I was heading for Splash Mountain Fastpasses. I took a crowd level pic:
IMG_3006.jpg

It was still pretty early at this point. I also took a picture of the dance party going on in Frontierland.
IMG_3009.jpg

I got our passes, then headed to Main Street.
IMG_3010.jpg

I met them at the Main Street Bakery! I had never eaten here, and really wanted to this trip. I didn’t take any pictures but man they have some good stuff! Stacy and I split a cinnamon roll and a ham and egg croissant, Kayla had a cinnamon roll, and Bella had a chocolate muffin and grapes. We all ate a little of everything and it was delicious. After we had food in our systems, we were ready to go.

When we got out to the street, we saw a balloon seller. I remembered reading here that you can get a picture with the balloons, so that is exactly what we did.
IMG_3011.jpg
Something must have been on my camera lens since it is so blurry.

Then we walked to the hub and the castle show was going on, so we stopped to watch that. This was when I had my first DISmeet, with Leanne (leamom2princesses is her screen name I think? If it‘s wrong someone correct me). We had time for just a quick hello before heading out for more rides.

I also got this picture.
IMG_3012.jpg

Then we headed back to Fantasyland. We of course had to stop for a quick wish in Cinderella’s fountain.
IMG_3013.jpg

IMG_3014.jpg

And Bella wanted to pose on these steps.
IMG_3015.jpg

We then headed to Peter Pan. It was excellent as usual! Stacy even teared up because she was just so happy to finally be there. This ride is definitely a favorite of all of ours.

After we used our “Peter Passes” we rode Snow White, it was a walk on. Last year Bella was too scared to ride it, this year she declared that it wasn’t “that” bad. I convinced her to do it since this may be the last trip we go on when it is there. I don’t know when they are taking it out and I wanted her to try it at least once before they do.

After we rode Snow White we were pretty much done with Fantasyland and it was still before noon. We started to walk towards Splash Mountain, but on the way there saw that there was no line for the Haunted Mansion. Bella and Kayla were both a little apprehensive, Kayla since she had never been and Bella because it scared her a year and a half ago when she was four. We convinced them to ride it though!!!

Up next: Would the girls love or hate the Haunted Mansion? And are we EVER going to meet any characters??!?!?

So I'm a little late, but I'm here! What a fabulous MK morning you're having! MK mornings are the very best kind:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter