*IF* they announce free dining.....?

WeLoveLilo05

DIS Veteran
I already received PIN for free dining in August and I attached my aunt to that pin, my mom was unsure if she wanted to go. Now, a month later she wants to go and I can no longer apply the pin to her. So, can she book today and if free dining is announced in April, will they apply that to her if she calls up and requests that they do so? Thanks!

I already received PIN for free dining in August and I attached my aunt to that pin, my mom was unsure if she wanted to go. Now, a month later she wants to go and I can no longer apply the pin to her. So, can she book today and if free dining is announced in April, will they apply that to her if she calls up and requests that they do so? Thanks!
I'm not sure what you mean. If you already have a package booked that includes you and your aunt, there should be absolutely not problem putting your mother on the reservation.

even if my pin that I used last month to get free dining expired? We would need another room as well (b/c it would be my mom, dad, and sis, sorry I should have clarified that).

even if my pin that I used last month to get free dining expired? We would need another room as well (b/c it would be my mom, dad, and sis, sorry I should have clarified that).
No, they will not let you add a second room under your pin, because that will require a second reservation number. Your mother can book now and when the fall free dining offer comes out in a couple of weeks, she will just need to call and apply the code to her reservation.

No, they will not let you add a second room under your pin, because that will require a second reservation number. Your mother can book now and when the fall free dining offer comes out in a couple of weeks, she will just need to call and apply the code to her reservation.

But wait, my aunt was put under my pin with a separate reservation #, they told me I was allowed 3 rooms total under my pin, but now I don't know if they will let me add another (which will be the 3rd) under my pin now that it is expired.

But wait, my aunt was put under my pin with a separate reservation #, they told me I was allowed 3 rooms total under my pin, but now I don't know if they will let me add another (which will be the 3rd) under my pin now that it is expired.
Yes, that is correct, you could have booked 3 rooms under that pin code. You can not book another room under that pin now, because it is expired. But, you can add additional people on to your current reservation and discount with no problem.

Yes, that is correct, you could have booked 3 rooms under that pin code. You can not book another room under that pin now, because it is expired. But, you can add additional people on to your current reservation and discount with no problem.

ok thanks, that was what I wondering!
But now if they do announce free dining and my mom and dad make their own reservation will they be able to apply that to their reservation?

ok thanks, that was what I wondering!
But now if they do announce free dining and my mom and dad make their own reservation will they be able to apply that to their reservation?
They will announce free dining the end of March/first of April and when the code comes out all your parents have to do is call and have the FD code applied to their reservation.

Here is an Idea and I bet it would save even more money for you if it works.

Have your mother and father added to one of the 2 reservations that already exist (split if needed). They will get the free dinning and park ticket.

Then have them get a room only reservation, if there are any room only codes that come out she will be able to take advantage of that while still getting the free dinning from being a guest in the other room.

Of course if your 2 reservations are already maxed out by occupancy this won't work... It still might be worth it if only 1 parent could be added. Then for the room only have the other parent be the only one and they could purchase the package for dinning, if free dinning comes out they could add it or use a room discount if it comes around if not.

you can book and then change the ressie when free dining comes out, that's what I did last year. Also what aren the dates that are offered with free dining if you don't mind me asking.

you can book and then change the ressie when free dining comes out, that's what I did last year. Also what aren the dates that are offered with free dining if you don't mind me asking.
There's not need to "change" the reservation, all the OP will have to do is call WDW reservations when the code comes out and have them apply the discount to their current package reservation. The official fall free dining dates have not been announced yet. They usually come out at the end of March/first of April. The pin code dates and the bounceback dates are for August 15 - October 2, 2010, so those are the speculative dates for the fall offer.

I didn't realize free dining info came out this early! I thought I read nothing until summer, usually.

We are booked on bounceback from 10/20 - 10/26, and I was hoping that free dining would be during those times, too, and we would switch to that...

Here is an Idea and I bet it would save even more money for you if it works.

Have your mother and father added to one of the 2 reservations that already exist (split if needed). They will get the free dinning and park ticket.

Then have them get a room only reservation, if there are any room only codes that come out she will be able to take advantage of that while still getting the free dinning from being a guest in the other room.

Of course if your 2 reservations are already maxed out by occupancy this won't work... It still might be worth it if only 1 parent could be added. Then for the room only have the other parent be the only one and they could purchase the package for dinning, if free dinning comes out they could add it or use a room discount if it comes around if not.

If we did that way we would only be able to fit one adult in my room, no one would be allowed in my aunt's room as they are a family of 5 at POR lol.
And my mom and dad are looking into a deluxe....lucky :goodvibes

There's not need to "change" the reservation, all the OP will have to do is call WDW reservations when the code comes out and have them apply the discount to their current package reservation. The official fall free dining dates have not been announced yet. They usually come out at the end of March/first of April. The pin code dates and the bounceback dates are for August 15 - October 2, 2010, so those are the speculative dates for the fall offer.

yes that is the pin i received and we will be there the 20th-27th of aug

I didn't realize free dining info came out this early! I thought I read nothing until summer, usually.

We are booked on bounceback from 10/20 - 10/26, and I was hoping that free dining would be during those times, too, and we would switch to that...
The fall free dining promo is always announced in the early spring. The dates are usually for mid to late August through the end of September/beginning of October.

Last year, for the first time, there was a second free dining offer for October - December dates. That offer did come out in late summer and was a totally separate offer that had nothing to do with the traditional fall free dining promo.

Would the % off Deluxe be a better deal for them? I don't remember the dates for it but it seems for most that is a better deal if you are staying deluxe.

Would the % off Deluxe be a better deal for them? I don't remember the dates for it but it seems for most that is a better deal if you are staying deluxe.
The 35% or 40% room discount for deluxe resorts is pretty much always a better discount than the free dining discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter