If the Presidential Candidates were Campers...

Now that's just wrong...funny:lmao: ...but wrong!

THE IRISH - SUCH CLEAR THINKERS

Leave it to the Irish to cut through the crap and make the whole issue crystal clear...

Thoughts from across the pond.

An email from Ireland to the brethren in the States...a point to ponder despite your political affiliation:

'We, in Ireland, can't figure out why people are even bothering to hold an election in the United States.

On one side, you have a pants wearing lawyer, married to a lawyer who can't keep his pants on, who just lost a long and heated primary against a lawyer who goes to the wrong church who is married to yet another lawyer who doesn't even like the country her husband wants to run.

Now...On the other side, you have a nice old war hero whose name starts with the appropriate "Mc" terminology married to a good looking younger woman who owns a beer distributorship.

What in Lord's name are ye lads thinking over there in the colonies

Since when is skin cancer a death sentence? Cancer of the skin is the most common of all cancers in the United States. Both basal cell and squamous cell carcinomas have a 95 percent cure rate when detected and treated early. The president is always watched closely by his Physician. I would hardly call McCain a walking timebomb. I've seen perfectly healthy individuals who were alot younger drop dead of a heart attack or a brain aneurysm.

Quite a few people have concerns about his health, and I am one of them. I just mentioned the melanoma, that's just part of it.

Age has always been a factor in Presidential politics.

There is no way, no matter what party they are from, I would vote for someone who can't put his hand on his heart for our national anthem, can't wear a flag pin on his lapell, until there is an uproar about it, and who's own wife has admitted to not liking our country. My husband fought, and lost a lot for this country and if Obama wins I am soooo happy he is no longer active duty. I would not be able to show my respect to that man. He is in no way fit to be Commander and Chief.

And I'm sorry if I offend, but please, whether or not you agree with what your pastor spews off at the mouth about, you stayed a member of that church for 20 years. I know if I didn't agree with the teachings and beliefs of my church, I would find another one?......

I feel that people just forget these issues. The only thing we really hear about with McCain is that he is old. Well, I would much rather have an old guy who has somewhat of a clue in office, rather than a guy that can't even show proper respect for the country he wants to run. I too am scared that this guy might be voted in. He may be bringing "change" but I don't think it is the change we really want.

Phew, I've said my peace, I'm done.

There is no way, no matter what party they are from, I would vote for someone who can't put his hand on his heart for our national anthem, can't wear a flag pin on his lapell, until there is an uproar about it, and who's own wife has admitted to not liking our country. My husband fought, and lost a lot for this country and if Obama wins I am soooo happy he is no longer active duty. I would not be able to show my respect to that man. He is in no way fit to be Commander and Chief.

And I'm sorry if I offend, but please, whether or not you agree with what your pastor spews off at the mouth about, you stayed a member of that church for 20 years. I know if I didn't agree with the teachings and beliefs of my church, I would find another one?......

I feel that people just forget these issues. The only thing we really hear about with McCain is that he is old. Well, I would much rather have an old guy who has somewhat of a clue in office, rather than a guy that can't even show proper respect for the country he wants to run. I too am scared that this guy might be voted in. He may be bringing "change" but I don't think it is the change we really want.

I could not have said it better. My father and grandfather sacrificed for this country and so did your husband. It is not easily forgotten with me, ever.

This is a simple election - there are two clear choices - only one is the right decision

:thumbsup2

Here is my response, because I feel a lot of stuff is spun out there for Obama.

1) This should clear up a bit about the hand over the heart thing.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/anthem.asp

I do have to agree that I see a lot of people that do not put their hand over their heart during the national anthem, only during the Pledge of Allegiance. He is a Presidential candidate however, so he should do it ALL the time (this isn't something he always does).

2) The flag lapel thing was his statement against the Iraq war. He probably could have chosen a better way, but he isn't not wearing the flag because he is not patriotic.

3) Michelle Obama never once said she didn't like our country. She did say:

“For the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country,” she told a Milwaukee crowd today, “because it feels like hope is making a comeback.”

I think it was extremely stupid of her to say, but this is also a woman who when she went to college had her white roomate's mom have her moved out of the dorm because she didn't "want her white daughter staying with a black girl". I don't know what Michelle Obama has gone through in her life, but perhaps she's just proud that a "black man" (I still hate that people don't refer to him as mulata or half white or whatever, he's not just black) is running for President. In all honesty, I believe that was her intention. Not for a second do I think Michelle Obama hates the US.

4) The McCain old thing is an issue because, well, he is old. He would be the oldest President ever, and like I mentioned above, people do have concerns with people's age. That being said, that alone shouldn't cause him not to be President. I could end up voting for McCain, but his age will definitely play a part.

In the end, it's sad that in this day and age we have forgotten the issues. I feel like the Presidency has become a tabloid race, no one talking about anything to do with policy, but about prayer notes taken out of walls, about fear mongering of someone being Muslim (which even if he was, who cares, I thought Freedom of Religion was one of the tenants of this country), about stuff that will never affect you and me.

What will affect us is economic policy, foreign policy, taxes, social programs, etc... Yet I never hear anyone talking about that kind of stuff (in general), it's always "Did you hear Obama was a Muslim?" or "Did you hear McCain slipped up on talking about Iran".

I remember thinking the same about his church affiliation. I have in fact changed churches..and denominations because I wasn't comfortable with what was being taught in the church I was raised in. It wasn't easy.., but I couldn't be a part of something that I didn't believe was right. It was the best thing we ever did, and we have been members of our current church for 20 years. I do remember getting up and walking out of our old church knowing that I was a Christian and didn't want to give up my faith, but figured I needed to find a Church or denomination whose values and beliefs reflected my own. It can be done. I wasn't running for office either.
While I think he is probably a nice man...I don't think he has the experience that the country needs during this time of turmoil.
That's not to say I agree with everything McCain stands for either..because I don't. I greatly disagree with him on health care, and immigration. Only given that these are our only two choices..I'll go with the "old guy"...whose lived through times that the young one has only read about in text books.

I also heard him say that he will chase Bin Laden to the gates of Hell. I truly hope if there is only one promise that he's able to keep...that's the one.
And yes, I know he's not in Iraq. Never thought he was. I hope he bombs the livng hell out of Afganistan until he finds the murdering ******* and makes him pay. Forget about rebuilding the pile of rocks that it is...just get him.. Then hand him over to us in NY...we'll let the FDNY take him first..then NYPD, then Port Authority...after that we'll give him to the MOTHERS, FATHERS, BROTHERS AND SISTERS and children of all those souls who rained down as ash in our city that terrible day.

Unfortunately we can't just bomb entire countries full of innocent people into nothingness just to get one man. It's a shame though that Osama has never been caught.

Personally, I think he's already dead. I think he was taken out years ago, but the US wasn't able to prove it, so Al Qaeda keeps on putting out fake tapes from him. I believe we would have heard a lot more from him if he actually were alive, I remember all the tapes that would be released from him way before 9/11, and the guy was constantly rambling on. If he were still alive, it wouldn't be hard for him to continue to do the same, yet we rarely hear anything, and when we do, it's very non-specific or iffy at best.

Amen sister, preach on.... (sorry couldn't resist), just wanted to lighten the mood, we are all friends here well, most of us, don't let this get us all riled up.

So let's see, the camping board vote would be about 40 to 3 hmmm campers seem to be a conservative bunch... LOL Who knew?

lol John, I pretty much figured that the board would be conservative, that's not much of a stretch.

P.S. Don't count me in those 3, I might very well still vote for McCain. I have lots of issues with both candidates, and I consider myself much more independent than anything (I don't believe in welfare, I believe in the death penalty, I don't support illegal immigration, yet I also don't like some of the stuff I see come out of the Republican party (too much hate and fear at times)).

I like to think of myself as an independent republican.... LOL I like to think for myself, not along a simple party line.

I have said it before, I don't like either, I think this country needs to give us better to choose from. But of the 2, I am voting McCain, the lesser of 2 evils in MHO.

Just my 2 cents.

freedom of religion or not christians are not trying to kill Americans. Muslims are.

Unfortunately we can't just bomb entire countries full of innocent people into nothingness just to get one man. It's a shame though that Osama has never been caught.

Personally, I think he's already dead. I think he was taken out years ago, but the US wasn't able to prove it, so Al Qaeda keeps on putting out fake tapes from him. I believe we would have heard a lot more from him if he actually were alive, I remember all the tapes that would be released from him way before 9/11, and the guy was constantly rambling on. If he were still alive, it wouldn't be hard for him to continue to do the same, yet we rarely hear anything, and when we do, it's very non-specific or iffy at best.

Hmmm..... interesting statement. "Innocent people into nothingness". I recall vividly 3000 innocent people being blown up into nothingness on Sept. 11th.

I for one, don't give a rats behind if the entire country is blown to bits trying to find Osama...or his body if he's dead.(which I don't think he is) Not one bit. I'll sleep at night just fine...better than I have since the murdering ******* blew up the city.

Just my opinion...guess you can tell I've got some pretty strong feelings when it comes to this. Comes from smelling the smoke of your city burning..and seeing grown men cry trying to find their boys in a pile of rubble. It doesn't matter if your boy is a man...he's always your boy. Then reading obituaries for over a year in our local papers. Now we deal with the illness and death that ground zero workers are experiencing. Guess I'll have to excuse myself from this part of the discussion. I just want someone to get the guy...I don't care who. I want someone to say "YOU DON'T DO THIS TO AMERICA"...

McCain.jpg

obama_bush.jpg

I never have liked the whole Republican & Democrat thing, I think it is very divisive to the country. Making 2 USA's. United we stand - divided we fall. The best person for the job should be President.

I never have liked the whole Republican & Democrat thing, I think it is very divisive to the country. Making 2 USA's. United we stand - divided we fall. The best man for the job should be President.

Or...WOMAN. I'd sure like to see that one day. ;)

I never have liked the whole Republican & Democrat thing, I think it is very divisive to the country. Making 2 USA's. United we stand - divided we fall. The best man for the job should be President.

I completely agree. John for President!:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter