If the murse is wrong, we don't want to be right! 27 days- holy smoke!

Which DVC and why?

• Grand Villa at OKW

• 2 one bedroom at OKW

• Grand Villa at SSR

• 2 one bedroom at SSR

• Grand Villa at BWV

• 2 one bedroom at BWV

• Grand Villa at AKV

• 2 one bedroom at AKV

• 2 one bedroom at VWL

• 2 one bedroom at BCV

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You did great!!:thumbsup2 You said some really sweet things about us!:hug:

And you hit the nail on the head about Nate!:lmao: :rotfl2:

:hug: It was all easy to say. I couldn't imagine going to WDW with a nicer bunch of friends.

I think we need to bring our DVC discussion over here. :thumbsup2

Oops, did I just give away The Where? :rotfl2:

I drink alone too in case anyone was wondering! :cool1:

So as far as when we'd go I last left you with December 2009 as the plan. I was okay with it, I really was until I started thinking about it. :sad2: That's such a long time especially after such a magical trip. I was sinking into Disney Depression for which there is no medicinal cure, not even more cowbell helps. :rotfl:

So, just this past week we were eating dinner at our favorite, read only good, Chinese restaurant when this unfolds:

Me: So I have been thinking.

DH: About?

Gabby: We are going back to Disneyland sooner??? :woohoo:

Me: Gab, hold on, let me tell dad what I am thinking. (Insert dramatic pause and a nice batting of the eyelashes and our secret come hither look :cool2: ). I want to go to Disneyland for my 40th.

DH: When is your 40th? Like 10 years? :love:

Me: :rotfl2: Good try slim. No, March 2009. And I want to go to Disneyland.

DH: Just you?

Me: No.

Sidenote: He went to Mexico for a week with his buddies for his 40th. They surfed and did irreversible liver damage.

Me: I want to go with all of us. Me, you, and the tax deductions.

DH: Oh okay.

Me: :faint:

Me: :faint:

Me: Uh huh? Really?

DH: Yeah. Sure. I had a really good time in WDW. One of the guys at worked asked me if it was cool and I didn't realize how much fun I had until I started telling him all about it.

Me: Oh wow, cool!!! Really?

Meanwhile the kids are flipping out at the table because they are so excited! :yay:

Continued in next post.........

DH: Yes, really. We could drive down from here, stay the night in Vegas each way, spend a few days at Disney, and two at the beach.

Me: Sounds perfect. :thanks: for being on board.

Gabby: Wow, daddy must have had a good time. Is everyone else going to go with us?

Me: I don't know sweetie. My guess is that Jenna and their family will as they were all about December so I am sure she'd love to move it up! :woohoo: Not sure about K and T due to T's possible moving and stuff but I would love for them to be there! :cloud9: Plus they have some other trips in the works.

DH: Ya know, planning for Disneyland is going to be so easy compared to WDW because it's so small.

Me: True. I won't hardly need to plan a thing really. Maybe a character meal and the Blue Bayou but it will be cake.

DH: :idea:

Gabby: :idea:

Chloe: :idea:

Joshua: :upsidedow Too busy enjoying his egg drop soup to care. :love:

Almost in unison, this is what I hear: We should go back to WDW instead!!!!

Me: :faint: What?

We should go back to WDW! Disneyland is so small and WDW was so much fun and most of the rides are better too.

Me: :faint: Uh, POTC and IASW are not better.

Gabby: Mom, you know it's better. I know you'll never admit it but I know you know. Splash is better, ToT is better, BTMRR is better, we can ride that roller coaster that was closed (RnR), and it's way more fun.

Me: It's not better, it's different. :mad: Disneyland is magical and quaint and easy to navigate. WDW is HUGE and more resort like. Didn't you guys miss not being able to go back to the room and rest? I miss the Paradise Pier Hotel at Disneyland. :cloud9:

No!!!!!!

So basically after all of them chimed in, even Joshua, the Disneyland trip turned into WDW! :dancer:

Up next telling Tracy, Jenna, and Keith the fabulous news and setting a preliminary round about date! :teeth:

So hears the text message I receive:

Jenny: Call u call me?

I text back: Sure. When?

Jenny: Now. I have some insane news!

So I call Jenny (my land line has unlimited long distance:thumbsup2 )

Me: You're pregnant? That's fantastic!

Jenny: Wha?

Me: You're pregnant.....that would be insane news!

Jenny: :rotfl2: That would be insane! No, WE ARE GOING TO WDW FOR MY 40TH IN 2009!!!

Me: Are you kidding?

Jenny: Totally serious! Are you in?

Did she really have to ask twice?! Of course we are in!

Me: Nate, we are going to WDW with Jenny again!

Nate: Cool! When?

Me: Probably May 2009.

Nate: NERDS!!!:rotfl2:

:cool1: Nate is so agreeable! :lmao: But really, he is. The good news is that they won't have to drive to Ca. which makes it a stronger possibility that they can come out in a few months. :thumbsup2

Soon we will get moving on The Where! It seemed a little premature to be thinking about the trip SO intently 19 months out until I realized we have about 10,000 possible, well really 20+ DVC options. Yup, you read that correctly, we are doing DVC with Jenna! :hug: :woohoo: I will let her tell the story. popcorn::

As soon as Jenny mentioned going again, I had two words: GRAND VILLA!!

But as I research more & more, I don't know if it will be possible. The points for 2009 aren't out yet so I've been looking at 2008 point charts. I would love to book a GV at OKW, but our home resort is SSR. I wouldn't get to book OKW until 7 months away, at which time the GV's could all be reserved. We could do a SSR GV, but it would take all of our points, banked & borrowed. Not that I wouldn't do that, I would. But I would rather be able to stay longer at OKW.

Will a May 2009 OKW GV at 7 months even be an option for us?

We have so many options to consider. Even 2- 1BR at AKV concierge!

So does any one have any opinions? We have so much time, but we want to cover all the bases. I need to make a list of all our possibilities, but they are endless! (Or seem that way at least!)

Give us pros/cons/opinions/your Christmas list......anything!:rotfl2:

:surfweb: Jenna, I started a poll for your decision making enjoyment! :teeth: :cool1:

I think our Disney geekiness is hitting a new high! I'm talking record geekiness! :lmao:

I can't get through this post....I'm laughing too hard at tax deductions.

I voted!!! Do I count?;)

I would love the OKW Grand Villa, but hey, it's Disney.....they all are great!:thumbsup2

I voted for Boardwalk, like that's a surprise. :rolleyes: I absolutely love that resort.

This is the view of Epcot from our Grand Villa
PICT0033.jpg

Here is the ESPN club, if Dh is a sports fan, he'll love this.
PICT0039.jpg

The lobby of Boardwalk
PICT0111.jpg

I have more, if you want to see them just ask.:thumbsup2

Thanks disbugsmomma!!!:hug: Those pictures are fabulous!!

No wonder why you like it there! I know Jenny's DH is a big sports fan and wanted to eat at the ESPN Club on their last visit. (Did he ever get to Jenny?)

The only thing that freaks me out about the Boardwalk is the clown pool. From the pictures I've seen, it looks scary!:scared1: :rotfl:

I'm sure I could overlook that though!;)

Yeah, the clown can be a little creepy, but the slide does look like fun.
Here's one of the pool (without the scary clown):thumbsup2
Picture009.jpg

And here's the front at night
Picture005.jpg

I voted for the BWV Grand Villa, but I know that's more points than OKW or SSR...so really and Grand Villa will do.:thumbsup2 I just like the location of BWV.

You can't hold off until June 09? I'll be there then. May will work out so much better crowd wise I know.....:thumbsup2

ABFAM

I voted!!! Do I count?;)

::yes:: Of course you count!

I would love the OKW Grand Villa, but hey, it's Disney.....they all are great!:thumbsup2

Very true. I really cannot decide! Any and all of them look wonderful! I will vote with rationale in just a sec.

I voted for Boardwalk, like that's a surprise. :rolleyes: I absolutely love that resort.

This is the view of Epcot from our Grand Villa
PICT0033.jpg

Here is the ESPN club, if Dh is a sports fan, he'll love this.
PICT0039.jpg

The lobby of Boardwalk
PICT0111.jpg

I have more, if you want to see them just ask.:thumbsup2

WOW! Those pictures are amazing! He is a HUGE sports fan and that view is unreal.

Thanks disbugsmomma!!!:hug: Those pictures are fabulous!!

No wonder why you like it there! I know Jenny's DH is a big sports fan and wanted to eat at the ESPN Club on their last visit. (Did he ever get to Jenny?)

He never got to go there. He has been to the one in DTD in Anaheim and loved it so maybe on this trip, we can work in a little ESPN time for the guys?

The only thing that freaks me out about the Boardwalk is the clown pool. From the pictures I've seen, it looks scary!:scared1: :rotfl:

Me too! :scared1: I have always hated clowns and as a child Bozo scared me to death, I hated him! :faint: The slide clown looks exactly like Bozo!

I'm sure I could overlook that though!;)

Me too! ::yes::

Yeah, the clown can be a little creepy, but the slide does look like fun.
Here's one of the pool (without the scary clown):thumbsup2
Picture009.jpg

And here's the front at night
Picture005.jpg

:cool1: That pool does look cool without the view of Bozo ready to kill! :rotfl2:

I voted for the BWV Grand Villa, but I know that's more points than OKW or SSR...so really and Grand Villa will do.:thumbsup2 I just like the location of BWV.

Yeah, the points difference between the OKW and the BWV for the Grand Villa is 43 points per night! :faint:

You can't hold off until June 09? I'll be there then. May will work out so much better crowd wise I know.....:thumbsup2

ABFAM

Will you be there for work or vacation or both? I would LOVE to meet up. The reasons we picked May are for the weather and crowds and the fact that it's still a little less expensive than peak season.

It would be a blast to meet up though! :woohoo:

ASFAM

So as far as value for the point and room size, the OKW wins hands down on both the 1 bdr and the GV. :thumbsup2

I would love to stay at OKW someday. Don't know when that will happen. My cousins, the DVC owners, have no desire to stay there yet.:confused3

I would love to stay at OKW someday. Don't know when that will happen. My cousins, the DVC owners, have no desire to stay there yet.:confused3

Which ones have you stayed at? The AKV look the coolest to me! I LOVE the feel of the lobby and my kids would :upsidedow flip over the animals. The colors are so vibrant too.

But honestly, I am just so excited to be going back at all. I'd even sleep next to the killer clown if I had too. :p

ASFAM

And the AKV one bedrooms sleep 5.:thumbsup2

I have stayed at BWV, BCV, VWL, and while I didn't stay there, I spent alot of time w/ the family at SSR.

In order of preference:

BCV
BWV
VWL
SSR.

Non DVC--CBR, Pop, and YC.

Overall preferences:

BCV
BWV
Pop
YC
VWL
CBR
SSR.

ABFAM:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter