If the closure is extended beyond 3/31, when do you think it will be announced?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kansas has closed schools for the year. The Governor will decide before August if they will start back up for next year.

https://www.ksnt.com/health/coronav...rx1rVpB1-bi7T2jRRG75-4SaMj4a8mgnwZ4UVAbTcdFkA"Governor Kelly will decide before August if school can be held in the next school year. School boards are being asked to examine graduation requirements to see that seniors can graduate on time. "

CA is pondering similar action.

Last edited:
I disagree. I know a lot of visitors who only book on free dining dates year after year. This will definitely be on their minds and impact their decisions on rebooking.

Remy is a bit of a doomsday perspective (which unfortunately I'm about half way there with him/her). I think the point is, we'll just be freakin' thrilled the parks are open again.

I disagree. I know a lot of visitors who only book on free dining dates year after year. This will definitely be on their minds and impact their decisions on rebooking.
Most people will be struggling to get by, must less be worried about what discounts Disney is offering. The world will not be the same for quite a while by the time this runs its course. It was never going to be April 1st, and now likely will not even be what a lot of us expect Memorial Day or so. This will be July/August and the impact to the economy will be devestating. Those lucky enough to come out ok, will have more on their minds than discounts at Disney. Time to modify the thought process about what is important.

Remy is a bit of a doomsday perspective (which unfortunately I'm about half way there with him/her). I think the point is, we'll just be freakin' thrilled the parks are open again.
Not Doomsday, a realist. The reality is, this is not good. People are already losing jobs, some companies and small businesses will not survive this, especially with the models showing 3-4 months pushing well into July/August. Im not of the this will be an 18 month thing at all. But the reality is for 90% of Americans, this going to July/August will change the game dramatically. Economists are saying if this goes to July, job losses will be about 40% of the current workforce. Let that sink in. 153 million jobs down to 90 Million. so 63 Million unemployed, cant pay bills, have no savings left, etc etc. There isnt enough money to pump into the economy to offset this. There are measures that can make the recovery happen in 12-18 Months, but, this is not good. Sticking your head in the sand and worrying about Disney Discounts is kind of silly. There will be bigger issues. Disney will survive but it may even be a very different company for the next 2 years.

People gotta stop with the death rate % it's not consistent across every country nor is thinking it kills almost everyone that contracts it. All we know is most people that get it will get mild symptoms and the older gen is more susceptible to it, that's it.

Kentucky has closed schools for the year. The Governor will decide before August if they will start back up for next year.

https://www.ksnt.com/health/coronav...rx1rVpB1-bi7T2jRRG75-4SaMj4a8mgnwZ4UVAbTcdFkA"Governor Kelly will decide before August if school can be held in the next school year. School boards are being asked to examine graduation requirements to see that seniors can graduate on time. "

Kentucky? The article is about Kansas... is that a typo or did KY announce something too?

People gotta stop with the death rate % it's not consistent across every country nor is thinking it kills almost everyone that contracts it. All we know is most people that get it will get mild symptoms and the older gen is more susceptible to it, that's it.
We dont even know that for a fact yet. More and more people under 50 are starting to get it. I agree the death rate % is not a reliable number. But contracting it appears to now be more and more of the population. And while for most it does appear to be just a bad flu, for some it can be deadly. However, the impact it is having on the global economy is damage that will take a lot of time to overcome. When the virus is long gone and a vaccine is in place, the economy will still be feeling the effects of it.

All generations are susceptible to it. Older generations and those with compromised immune systems are more likely to suffer the most extreme complications of the infection. That’s not to say that younger generations won’t get sick as a dog when infected. But the mortality rate among those 60+ is much higher than those in younger demographic groups.

They’ve been closed less than 2 months.

Good point. China was the epicenter of the pandemic and they took drastic measures to stop the spread. As a communist country they have much more control at the national level to implement these quarrantine and isolation techniques. It could be longer for us, but there is hope warm weather will have an adverse affect on the virus and this won't stretch into the summer months.

Good point. China was the epicenter of the pandemic and they took drastic measures to stop the spread. As a communist country they have much more control at the national level to implement these quarrantine and isolation techniques. It could be longer for us, but there is hope warm weather will have an adverse affect on the virus and this won't stretch into the summer months.
Most of the scientific community has said weather has no bearing on the virus. And because we waited so long to implement any social distancing measures and people still dont want to do it ( see the beaches at Clearwater yesterday) this is late summer easily before the cases reported start to decline. We havent even gotten to the tip of the iceberg.

Most of the scientific community has said weather has no bearing on the virus. And because we waited so long to implement any social distancing measures and people still dont want to do it ( see the beaches at Clearwater yesterday) this is late summer easily before the cases reported start to decline. We havent even gotten to the tip of the iceberg.
Its not so much about government control. It is a lot more about self discipline. A lot of Americans (especially 20-30 year olds) are selfish.. they are not stepping back. In China and Korea and Japan they listen more to elders and authority. Here it is a lot of me first attitude or "I dont like that government official so I wont do what they ask"

All generations are susceptible to it. Older generations and those with compromised immune systems are more likely to suffer the most extreme complications of the infection. That’s not to say that younger generations won’t get sick as a dog when infected. But the mortality rate among those 60+ is much higher than those in younger demographic groups.
True, but on here are acting like its doomsday out there when it's not. People gotta relax.

Kentucky has closed schools for the year. The Governor will decide before August if they will start back up for next year.

Arizona has closed all schools for the rest of the school year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter