If SW shows no flights online in any category/price does that mean its sold out?

mckinley

DIS Veteran
In the past when using SW i don't believe i have ever saw were there was no flights available for any category/price prior to day of flight. I have been checking our flights daily making sure they have not dropped any. I noticed the past few days that there is nothing available to buy for most of the flights on our depature. Does that mean that all the flights are all booked or will they open up more a few days before? Also does anyone know how they determine who they bump if they have overbooked?

According to your ticker you're traveling in 9 days? Is that the flights you're checking on?

If so then yeah, I could see all the seats being sold at this point with that flight just over a week away.

Checking daily with SWA is a great routine. For flights that are further out I've seen "unavailable" on some days but then those flights and pricing come back later on.

In the past when using SW i don't believe i have ever saw were there was no flights available for any category/price prior to day of flight. I have been checking our flights daily making sure they have not dropped any. I noticed the past few days that there is nothing available to buy for most of the flights on our depature. Does that mean that all the flights are all booked or will they open up more a few days before? Also does anyone know how they determine who they bump if they have overbooked?

If there is nothing available, it ususally says "not available", sometimes a cancellation will occur and it will open up a flight. SWA rarely drops any flights, about the only time they do that is IF there is bad weather or something along that line.
As to bumping, that policy is available on SWA's website.

If there is no option to purchase then it is soldout. If they had some seats left they would put them under the highest price category, they would not hold them back.

If they are overbooked, they first ask for volunteers. If they don't have enough volunteers, they go by last to check-in. I think the last to check-in would not get a boarding # once they issued all the seat numbers they have.

If I were flying out in 9 days and saw there were no other SW flights that day available to purchase, I would definitely get on the site and purchase the early bird check-in option for my flight if you have not done so already. This guarantees you will be ahead of anyone who is waiting for the 24 hour mark to get their boarding pass. I would not want to take the chance of having a problem during check-in on a full flight when I was traveling with family.

It means the flight is not only fully booked but overbooked by however many passengers Southwest is willing to overbook by.

Assuming you get to the gate on time the sequence number on your BP determines who gets booked. Generally they'll only issue as many BPs as they have seats. Passengers who get a security document with a note to get your BP at the gate are in danger of being bumped.

Yeah i was looking at our flight in 9 days. I did buy the early checkin last month so i believe i should be okay with getting some seats. Thanks for the replys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter