• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If staying on site do you get free parking at Disney theme parks?

Julia Ann

DIS Veteran
Toying with car/no car etc but do like Universal/Seaworld etc but was wondering if you get free parking at the disney theme parks when you stay on site????

Yes it is totally free. It costs 12 dollars to park at the non-Disney parks.
We stay on Disney every year and also have a car every year now and never use it to get to any of the Disney parks as the buses are so convenient. The only time we use it in relation to Disney,is if we have a restaurant booked for the evening at one of the other WDW hotels. It is quite often much quicker to use the car on these occasions and I am quite lucky as my wife does't drink.:yay:

when you stay onsite at a disney resort, the parking in the disney theme parks is free.

we always have a car and almost always use it to get to the disney parks - with the exception of the magic kingdom, which is easier to get to by disney transportation.

when you check-in to stay at a disney resort you will be asked if you have or intend to have on a car later on - if you say yes, you get an A4 size peice of paper with your name and resort on it to get free parking at parks.

It is the biggest name tag I have ever had :goodvibes the reflection from it blinded DH whilst driving so we removed and replace as required.:rotfl:

we used a car this year except for when we went to blizzard beach because it was 5 minutes down the road, and when we went to DTD so ryan could have a drink, for us it was a bit more convenient than the buses.

It is the biggest name tag I have ever had :goodvibes the reflection from it blinded DH whilst driving so we removed and replace as required.:rotfl:

lol i had to keep an eye on ours everytime we were driving with the windows open to make sure it didn't fly out!

WHoa! 12 dollars now to park that's pretty steep. I'm sure on our first trip (1995) it was 6 dollars! I always forget to budget for the parking when we go, i had better remember to now at those prices.... unless we stay on site of course which i am working on :goodvibes

If you are not going for another 4 years 1 month then I would estimate about $16/day by then. It seems to rise about $1/year recently.

WHoa! 12 dollars now to park that's pretty steep. I'm sure on our first trip (1995) it was 6 dollars! I always forget to budget for the parking when we go, i had better remember to now at those prices.... unless we stay on site of course which i am working on :goodvibes
You just look at all those 1000's of cars in the car parks at WDW and wonder how much money Disney have made, before anybody even enters the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter