• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If staying Offisite and a Rental Car is not an option where would you stay

disneygma11

Mouseketeer
I have a quick question. We are considering staying offsite vs. onsite. We do not want to rent a car at all. I know the shuttles are unpredictable at best and am prepared to deal with that as well as a back up plan. With that being said, any thoughts on where a family of 7 might stay offsite, having access to shuttles and or Lynx transportation?

I would say either the Wyndham DTD or the Wyndham Bonnet Creek. Actually, any of the places at DTD have decent shuttle service (runs every 30 minutes or so), but not all of them will hold 7 people in one room. The two places I listed are condos. You could check the Buena Vista Palace or the Doubletree, both at DTD. They may have a 2 BR suite that might work.

I would say either the Wyndham DTD or the Wyndham Bonnet Creek. Actually, any of the places at DTD have decent shuttle service (runs every 30 minutes or so), but not all of them will hold 7 people in one room. The two places I listed are condos. You could check the Buena Vista Palace or the Doubletree, both at DTD. They may have a 2 BR suite that might work.

Thanks! I just looked at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, do you know if they require a deposit to reserve a room or is it just a credit card hold? I could not see anything on their site about a required deposit?

I don't know. Look at the We Loooove Bonnet Creek threads here. I believe most people here rent from the thread sponsors here or buy it on Ebay to get better prices than WBC direct.

Thanks! I just looked at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, do you know if they require a deposit to reserve a room or is it just a credit card hold? I could not see anything on their site about a required deposit?
The way to do WBC is to rent from a Wyndham timeshare owner. You will pay FAR less than booking a room directly from Wyndham.

You don't need an owner who has WBC as a home resort. WBC owners can book there at 13 months out, but any Wyndham owner can book at 10 months out and availability is not usually a problem.

The way to do WBC is to rent from a Wyndham timeshare owner. You will pay FAR less than booking a room directly from Wyndham.

You don't need an owner who has WBC as a home resort. WBC owners can book there at 13 months out, but any Wyndham owner can book at 10 months out and availability is not usually a problem.

Thanks! Ill check into that.:banana:

We just returned from Wyndham Bonnet Creek and used the bus service there all week. It worked great. We have also stayed in a DTD hotel and found the bus service there to be good as well. In the past we have used a service called Happy Limo to get to our hotel/resort because they include a grocery store stop with your transfer service from the airport. It has been a while though I don't know if they are still in business. Otherwise there are several grocery delivery services. We did book at Bonnet Creek through an owner and it was a great experience. He is listed in the we looove bonnet creek post take a look at it for lots of good info.

If you do a hotel rather than a condo, you could stay at the Downtown Disney Holiday Inn that was remodeled not that long ago and use the friends and family link generously provided by one of our DIS posters to get a great rate if you are sure of your dates. .// great shuttle service all day -- great reviews on trip advisor.

Here is the link to reviews:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...Walt_Disney_World_Resort-Orlando_Florida.html

Here is a link to Shelby Jones' friends and family discount (Thank you so much Shelby!) To date I've used this twice and saved about $500 vs. what I would have paid) Usually these discount aren't necessarily offered way in advance, more like 60 or 30 days out, so I've sometimes made a fully refundable reservation and then used this later when available and canceled my original reservation.
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c...Uk70%3D&cm_mmc=DCE-_-FF-_-20090821-_-AM159051

You would need two hotel rooms, however. A three bedroom condo or house would be great, but for most that are close by that I can recommend, you'd really want a car to get some groceries, get around the large resorts, get to parks without being tied to a limited shuttle schedule. To me not having a car to get supplies / food / etc. sort of negates the advantage of having your own big kitchen where you can do breakfasts and some lunches it, have snacks, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter