IF Staying at Park Vue Inn (PVI) You May Want To Read This

Not trying to defend PVI, but EVERY resort has bed bugs and cockroaches. And I am not exaggerating. Of course your less likely to run into a consistent problem at, say, the Disneyland Hotel as opposed to PVI... but trust me when I say that every resort has at least a few instances of this problem.

Now management "not caring" is another issue altogether. Good luck, and I hope you are well compensated.

I'll back this up. I posted a review about the most disgusting 'hotel' I'd ever been in...and they didn't post it. People deserved to know but I guess they feel otherwise.

you know, your post has me thinking...this is exactly what has been happening lately...if you comment any negative things in a blog or anything, they remove it...now i can understand if you are being obnoxious or argumentative or cursing but just voicing your opinion on something negative does NOT make it bad...how else are people supposed to know whats good and what isnt???? seems like we are going backwards instead of forwards with technology....i posted something on a Disney owned blog about an issue that I wasnt really happy about the other day...i wasnt being rude or anything..just voicing a concern about how things are going to be handled with the new way its being done and it was removed...

I was staying at a hotel near the Ocean, I got up in the middle of the night to use the restroom. I came back and started to get in bed and saw something run. Then I saw a huge cockroach in the bed. I went to the front desk and they gave me another room right away.

That is just wrong on many levels...:(
This is part of the reason we like to take our RV...
That way we are always sleeping in our own bed with no extra visitors!

Hope you get some action from one of the aforementioned avenues Jack.:)

I have posted plenty of negative reviews on Trip Advisosr, and have always had my reviews posted 100% of the time.

Om....here at PVI...in bed....reading this now.....was just about to post how we love it here.....just talked at length with a family who comes down from Canada for two weeks at a time and stay here every year....seriously.

Oh My Lord. Why is the front desk being idiots about this unbearable situation? What on earth are they thinking not trying to take care of this right away? This is one reason I stay at Disney Hotels. I know it can happen there to but do you really think the front desk would ignore a room infested with roaches and god forbid bed bugs.

I have to say my sister and I stayed at one of the motels previously mentioned in this post and well had a very bad experience. Sister awoke in the middle of the night with what felt like things crawling over her. Yep there were worms like fuzzy things -- not like a catapillar though crawling on her -- under the sheets no less. We got rid of the few we saw and went back to sleep -- she woke me up about 15 minutes later with a scream probably heard at the end of the building. Her bed was now infested with these -- what ever they were. They were on the floor, walls, window sills, air conditioner, They were now all over her side of room. Thank goodness I was spared. I insited that at 1 am we were moved to another room. Can you believe front desk did not want to move us. Tust me as some one that has had to rearrest criminals and place them back in jail no way was that person at the desk going to tell me we will take care of it tomorrow. No I stated YOU WILL TAKE CARE OF IT THIS EVENING AND I WILL BE SLEEPING IN A CLEAN CRAWLER FREE ROOM WITHIN 15 MINS OR WATCH ME TAKE CARE OF THIS MY WAY. Not sure what I would have done but I would have thought of something that would cost them a few dollars. This was 4 years ago and I have never stayed at a good neighbor motel again. To be fair i hear plent of great reviews on this motel.

I am sure Jack checked the suit cases for any hitchickers. I guess those bugs are good at coming home with people.

I am glad I am not the one to have to deal with Blackjack -- I think the name says it all. Sweet and nice but don't mess with his family.

Can't wait to see how this goes down.

Patty

....the other day...checked visa tonite refund went through...my gut was telling me not to stay there...guess it was right. I hope the parks were better to you and yours.

Eeek!! This is why tear the room apart looking for bedbugs when we arrive. Just gross! Do what you can to not bring these buggers home. They are near impossible, and so expensive to get rid of in the house.

We always stay at the Tropicana. We like it, never had bugs most importantly! And like I said I check! lol

Oh wow. :crazy2: Please keep us posted. We have reservations there for one of their 2Q/Bunk Bed suites for our October trip. How they respond to you will be huge in us deciding whether or not to keep our reservations and stay there. (Sadly, HoJo's Kid Suites are already filled up for that time).

If you don't like cockroaches, don't come to Australia lol

Bed bugs though, that's a different story.

Same with Hawaii - even the fanciest resorts have the possibility of an odd cockroach, gecko or other assorted tropical bugs. However I wouldn't expect them in CA at most hotels and the random time they occur at a nice hotel I would expect management to react quickly to handle it. We did stay many years ago at a cheap motel in Anaheim and the last day there was a cockroach in the tub. But it was really run down to begin with. Before the days of internet reviews, lol.

Bedbugs I draw the line at too even though they can be brought into any resort by guests luggage.

Wow! What a terrible experience. Good for you for not letting it ruin your vacation. PVI often gets glowing reviews...but the few bad ones scared us away. Especially because the bad ones seemed really bad. We were going to stay at PVI on our last trip in July. Fairly last minute I was feeling nervous about some negative reviews I saw on the DIS. Luckily we were able to switch to BWPPI, where we had had a great stay in June 2010.

Good luck getting things resolved...let us know how it turns out!

OMG.....just gross! We stayed there in June and didn't have any problems, but after this I will NEVER stay there again!

Jack: We feel bad for you and your family. We learned a similiar lesson several months ago, attempting to save some money. Like earlier stated on another thread; anytime you stay anywhere but, a disney hotel, you are taking your chances. We stayed at one of the motels just a few doors north of you a couple months ago, we now wish we had never heard of the place. It was one of our worse trips ever-period. The male offspring of our family and I voted on the way home to never, ever, go back to DL if can't stay at one of the DL hotels. Make the BEST of whats left of your trip and give em heck !....:cool1:

Yeah after getting ripped off the one time I tried to stay there and HoJo Anaheim taking us in for less expensive that same day....That place is horrible

Their location is amazing though. If you don't like cockroaches, don't come to Australia lol

Oh...the stories my brother has about the critters in sort-of-center Australia. Ick.

Which hotel is PVI?!?

I think it's Park Vue Inn.

I agree that all hotels have bugs somewhere, but yeah, it's the reaction that counts. They don't get to act like it's OK that they have come out of the walls and into the room.

We were staying at a place in Vancouver BC that was slowly being renovated. Checked in, got into our room, it was an unrenovated room and was decent. Got situated, went out to get some food. As we walked to the elevator, we saw one of those guys (but smaller) on the wall at the elevator. Since I once lived in an apartment building that was being renovated, I know that they tend to scatter and run around during that time, and they don't bother me anywhere near as much as 8-legged dudes. So we went to the front desk simply to *tell them*, because we knew that others would flip out. They *instantly* got us out of that room. We were already in a suite, so their only option was to put us in one of the renovated rooms. As we went to get our bags, we saw one in the first room. Moved to the renovated room, didn't see ANY for the whole week.

Oh, and as we were moving rooms, they had a pest control guy already there.

Even though I knew there were critters in the walls there, the difference was the reaction. And it's awful that PVI isn't reacting properly.

you know, your post has me thinking...this is exactly what has been happening lately...if you comment any negative things in a blog or anything, they remove it...now i can understand if you are being obnoxious or argumentative or cursing but just voicing your opinion on something negative does NOT make it bad...how else are people supposed to know whats good and what isnt???? seems like we are going backwards instead of forwards with technology....i posted something on a Disney owned blog about an issue that I wasnt really happy about the other day...i wasnt being rude or anything..just voicing a concern about how things are going to be handled with the new way its being done and it was removed...

I don't trust any online review sites. I tried to post a review on Yahoo once for a service (not a hotel) that went so poorly (to say the least) that I ended up having to call the police ... The only time in my entire life I've EVER had to even THINK about calling the police for something other than a fender bender. I posted my experience, following all terms of service rules (facts only, no emotion or hyperbole, no individual names cited, didn't even mention the police report part, etc.), and the company somehow had it removed. Three times. I actually read entire the posted Terms of Service to make sure I wasn't breaking any rules. I wasn't. (Though the company broke many, actually posting a "reply" listing my full name and HOME ADDRESS and stating that I was the "stalker" of one of their husbands and that's why I'd posted. They also posted dozens of fake positive reviews, within minutes of anything I'd post, praising themselves and keeping their star rating high.) Anyway, I actually saw three reviews in the weeks following my experience from other people that had similar nightmare experiences with this firm, all were removed within 24-48 hours by Yahoo. When I wrote to Yahoo asking why my reviews were removed, I received no response. (All the fake reviews I reported remained.) If you were to go there right now in an attempt to research using this business I'm guessing they have nothing but glowing, five-star reviews, with no evidence of the shady, shoddy and potentially scary experience you're actually likely to receive.

I've also heard from friends in publishing that it's a fairly common practice to have interns work hard to remove any negative Amazon review via any means possible. (They sometimes even have contests.) Including making multiple requests in hopes of triggering an automated takedown of a perfectly acceptable review, just because it tanks a book or movie.

I believe, based on that experience, that most of these online sites--all of which are commission (people have to book for them to make money), prod or advertising based (they want the companies to pay them for links)--are much, MUCH more favorable towards the company's viewpoint, than the consumer's. I'm not saying all reviews are fake or manipulated, but take them with a big grain of salt. (As you should anything you read online posted by a random stranger, including me.)

My young adult children just finished a miserable stay at PVI that they were sharing with the DW but not I.

Jack

First - sorry to hear about that awful experience.
Second - (please forgive my ignorance) but remind me what is "PVI"?

Thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter