If NWA strikes, do you have backup plan?

We have a Delta flight that is "operated by" Northwest. Can anybody tell us what would happen in our situation?

CarolA said:
The emails passengers are receiveing are being sent by the FA union. There is a place to sign up for them but I would probably NOT do it. From what I read on www.flyertalk.com it's not exactly a secure site and your email address could then be out there for SPAM by the TONS.....

Normally I suggest you read the NW forum on www.flyertalk.com but for some reason the mods there have pretty much made it useless by limiting the postings to one giant thread from you know where... I don't have 8 hours to spend weeding thru the garbage to get to the actual news. Flyertalk did not do this during the DL mess earlier this year and I have no idea why they have chosen to make the NW board so hard to work with, but if you have patience you might find something there.

I know what you mean..I have spent a good part of a week weeding through all of the infighting to try to get anything of substance from that sticky. The thread title has nothing to do with 99% of the posting about he said, she said in there. As of this morning that thread has been removed and a administrator issued a warning against all of this infighting. Good move...

joshua121301 said:
I know what you mean..I have spent a good part of a week weeding through all of the infighting to try to get anything of substance from that sticky. The thread title has nothing to do with 99% of the posting about he said, she said in there. As of this morning that thread has been removed and a administrator issued a warning against all of this infighting. Good move...

I have never really used the NW board as they don't have much of a presence in Atlanta, but I had wandered over because I knew there were some folks on here nervous about NW. Maybe the DL folks are just nicer LOL! We didn't seem to have quite as many problems on that board during the labor unrest there.

(Although I did love the DUMPSTER DIVING thread... NW managment stepped in it big time there... :rotfl: )

Anyone have any new news?

Will someone share what's in their e-mail if you received one from NWA telling you what to expect and do if there's a strike?

NWA is going to court again today in New York City to head off the strike.

If nothing is resolved the strike will start at 10pm tonight and can be random.

One flight attendant spoke up here and he stated that the last contract left on the table would be a 40% pay cut for them. This 40% was not broken down as pay and/or benefits.

The news stated that NWA will try to proceed with it's normal schedule and if necessary will arrange for other flights or even full refunds, if necessary.

That's all I have to share. What about anyone else?

Our flight leaves tonight at 9pm, so I'm just hoping that it leaves on time! Getting back will be another story, but we have 8 days to worry about that. We can always just stay at WDW permanently. :rotfl:

Misinformation: I hope all goes well with your flight down. We leave on Monday. I have been praying for days that all goes okay. Have a great time at WDW. :)

:wave2: For those of you leaving in the next few days and flying NWA, we'd sure appreciate it if you could keep in touch during your trip and give us a mini-summary of your flight experience, good or bad!

Well it seems like half of MI will be in Orlando next week. We are not leaving until next Friday so the plan right now is to wait to see what happens tonight and tomorrow. If it doesn't look good I'm going to purchase tickets on a different airline. If NW doesn't refund they I will just pay the 100.00 change fee (on each ticket) for our March trip. Since we are only going for 4 days I would hate to get stuck with cancelled or delayed flights. Hope all goes well for everyone.

Just curious is everyone taking advantage of the new Michigan school start date?

Denise :cheer2:

Our distrist always waited until after Labor Day to start back. My DS's start back on the 6th. We return the 4th so it gives them a day to rest up. At least they will be ready to get up early.

I'm flying twice with NWA this fall and have NO back-up plan. I'm too lazy and don't have time to read the small print and there is probably little I can do anyway. I'm not a big worrier-it's pointless. My mother does enough worrying for the both of us! :rolleyes:

Just to let you all know that I just saw on our local news that the judge has blocked the flight attendants from striking. The flight attendants are threatening what is called a CHAOS strike. It is not a traditional strike with the idea of shutting down an airline. Instead, they will target particular flights or kinds of aircraft with walkouts that will most hurt the airline.

Not that this is means of solving anything, hopfully it will put a few of us using NWA at ease. Hopfully for all of us travelers we will get there without any delays. It's hard not only do you have to worry about terror plots, you have to worry if your getting to point A and then back again. Crazy world we live in, but it's the way it is.

My understanding is that CHAOS is what the NW FA's were planning PRIOR to the judge blocking their strike. I think if they tried that now the individuals involved would be terminated. There is no way to block a "sick-out" but I would like to believe that is very unlikely. Remember the last vote was VERY close and IF NW comes back to the table I would hope to see a settlement. Also the support of other unions came prior to the newest court ruling. I see the current court ruling as good news and there is plenty to remain optimistic about. :thumbsup2

I'm subscribing. We fly out on NW Thanksgiving Day. Keeping our fingers crossed all goes well.

Docsknotinn said:
My understanding is that CHAOS is what the NW FA's were planning PRIOR to the judge blocking their strike. I think if they tried that now the individuals involved would be terminated. There is no way to block a "sick-out" but I would like to believe that is very unlikely. Remember the last vote was VERY close and IF NW comes back to the table I would hope to see a settlement. Also the support of other unions came prior to the newest court ruling. I see the current court ruling as good news and there is plenty to remain optimistic about. :thumbsup2

Thanks for that. That gives me a bit more understanding of the issue. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter