If not staying on property is there any other way to order a plain colored Magic Band than from shopdisney.com?

bcinohio

DIS Veteran
If we are not staying on property but would like to buy just a plain colored Magic band is there anywhere to order from before you get to Orlando? Shopdisney.com doesn't have plain colored ones anymore. I don't want to have to keep pulling out my phone when we enter the park or take photopass pictures. I know that the bands will be gone in the future. We are going in December this year.

Thanks

Disney has made no announcement that indicates they will not continue selling/supporting MagicBands. The reason for the lack of bands may be due to a global shortage of electronic parts (i.e. computer chips).

We bought ours on Amazon for our trip last month. I was a little nervous about not buying from an “official” source, but they were cheaper and worked perfectly. Several options of plain colors - we bought pink, red, navy and green.

I have been wondering the same thing. I would rather have them before we go, but have been hesitant to order on ebay or Amazon. Seems weird to me that Disney doesn't sell them online, but unaffiliated 3rd parties do.

Anyway, does anyone know how much a plain magicband cost at a DS shop or WDW shop?

I have been wondering the same thing. I would rather have them before we go, but have been hesitant to order on ebay or Amazon. Seems weird to me that Disney doesn't sell them online, but unaffiliated 3rd parties do.

Anyway, does anyone know how much a plain magicband cost at a DS shop or WDW shop?
Disney does sell them online via shopDisney, but they are limited in stock currently. As I posted earlier, the shortage could be due to a global shortage in computer chips.

As for price of the solid color MagicBands, they are $19.99 plus tax from either shopDisney.com or at Disney owned & operated stores in WDW and at MCO.

Just wait and buy it onsite. Try the phone or ticket card first, to see if you even feel you need one. If you do, then buy it at any gift shop or ticket window, and it only takes a minute to link.

You don’t even have to wait until you are in a park, go to Disney Springs and you will be able to buy one there.

You can do it when you buy a magic band and go on the my disney experience website or app and there is a place to link them. We have done it in the past. Pretty easy.

So if your staying off site you can link your tickets to the bands? How?

Tickets aren't "linked to" a MagicBand. Nothing specific is linked to or "on" a MagicBand.

All a MagicBand does is access whatever is currently in your MDE profile. So once you purchase and link a MagicBand to your account, it will work for all current tickets, reservations, photopass, etc.

Think of a band like a key to a door. Your MDE is what is inside the door.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter