If not Fl Tours, then who to use?

scrappinmom

WDW, DL & DLP - up next ???
So, I've read the not so great reports about Fl TOurs....what other town car service would you use? I just need to use it from the arport to resort, with a grocery shop...

story behind why.....I'm flying with my 2 dd's and oldest dd is not staying onsite - she's staying offsite with band. My "plan" was to have her come to POP with us and then her band chaperone is meeting us at MK at night to "do the switch" - thus she can't take DME with us!

I'm interested too...I used a company that I believe has been banned from this board previously, without any problems, but now I'm nervous that we were just lucky and shouldn't use them again. Can anyone post a good experience they had with any town car company, or are we just fooling ourselves?!

I'll take a pm, if necessary, just looking for any guidance at all...

I was wondering why no one had posted anything? Sorry, I didn't know that it was a hot topic...I was just looking for advice

Yep, I make it over to this thread only when I'm about to travel, so I never know what is pushing people's buttons. Just thought I'd bump up your thread since I realized I was supposed to book the town car today, and I forgot!

Maybe someone will take pity on us. I went back through the 13 pages and didn't find any long, contentious threads, so I guess maybe the subject is just taboo, or everyone is on DME! :)

Wow -- I just don't know what to say. I'm sure there are good reasons for the secrecy, but it feels creepy to someone who doesn't follow the world of Orlando transportation services...

I haven't used FL Tours for several years, but I thought that recently their service had improved. Is this correct?

We also used Tiffany a few times, but not recently.

We had a nice driver from Murry Hill Transportation take us to Universal.

I'd like to know too since we are about ready to travel and FL tours was one that we thought of using.

Not good that people aren't allowed to post about experiences to help others. We only come to FL for Disney trips and have no clue about car service/Orlando transportation. This will be the first time that we will have to use a service from the airport to the Disney resort.

We'll be arriving at 9:30PM with 2 kids out of Detroit and that right there has things flirting with the edge....lol

Guess I'll just have to start searching off board to see what I can dig up.

We are not allowed to post about our transport experiences? That's news to me, too. I used FL Tours in Nov to pick up s-in-law at the airport and get him to the Swan. His flight was late, but driver was there when he arrived with the sign and he had no problem - we hadn't used them in a while simply because we had been renting and using ME - Good luck!

Well, to the person who was censored, your reply probably named a carrier who's initials are QS. If that's the case, I guess someone who owns that or something broke the rules of the board and they got banned, therefore their name isnt allowed to be talked about here.

re: FL tours, I dont know the whole story, but it seems like the folks that run the site were part owners of the company, then they got out of the picture, I guess people started having horrible issues with them. There was an sticky for a while or maybe just a thread that was titled something like 'regarding FL tours' stating that they had gotten involved again in the ownership. Havent really heard much about FL tours since then, so dont know if folks are using them or not.

In August we used Southern Elegance limo service. They were great.

The owner himself answered the phone and took my reservation on a sunday afternoon. Then I had to make a change due to weather 12 hours before our arrival. He was super accomodating with not only the time change, but also the pick-up location change. He was polite, professional and yet very indulgent of my children's excitement about the limo. Cold water bottles and a movie for the kids to watch was an added bonus.

I am using Southern Elegance again for my upcoming trip. Their town car one way rate is $5 more than FL Tours and I KNOW the service will be great.

SE had no hidden fees, no extra charges, the quote provided to me included everything. The do meet and greet inside the airport at the baggage claim, and helped getting the bags to the car. (he managed to fit 7 suitcases, 1 duffle bag, 4 backpacks and a stroller all into the trunk of the car.)

Thank you for the replies that helps a lot.:)

Any one hear of Happy Limo Service? I was on another board (totally unrelated to Disney and someone mentioned while in FL they used them for service) so I was just wondering if anyone was able to use them for transport to Disney?

I only use Tiffany Towncar. I used them 2x this past year and will use them again next week. We have used them for years and learned about them on this board. We now fly non-stop to Sanford and have about a 45 min. ride. Several times we have gotten Dennis and he is like family to us. We just really like him.

Tiffany has never been late (in fact, always early) and always have had nice, pleasant drivers. I can't say anything negative because my experiences with them have always been perfect!

I have been on here a LONG time.

There's not a car service in Orlando with anything CLOSE to a perfect record.

I have read horror stories on ALL of them. I know folks PERSONALLY who have had some horror stories.

GOOD LUCK!

There are many car services that give you excellent service. The above poster has an incorrigible attitude about car service companies. I don't know why, but maybe has not been around Orlando enough to know what is going on. In my book only God is perfect.

Thanks everyone....I think.....I've found and booked a towncar ......I actually decided to go with Happy Limo as well....I'm not searching for perfection...just a ride to POP...

Let me add my thanks as well. We're booking with Tiffany Town Car. I can't believe we leave for Orlando one week from today! It's 6 degrees outside, and in 7 days it will be in the 60's for us. That's the transportation miracle! ;)

There are many transportation options in Orlando. And CarolA is right..none are perfect. I seriously doubt that any of them have been 100% perfect. There are always going to be those with a less than perfect experience.
There are only two companies that we do not mention here. It has had nothing to do with the service they provide, but with the way they posted, here on the DIS. They violated board guidelines and the board owners have banned them from discussion. Privately owned board, they make the rules. Other than those two companies, feel free to discuss any type of experience you may have. It makes everyone else able to make informed choices.

In case anyone is still trying to decide, we just used Tiffanytowncars dot com. There were 7 of us so we needed a big van. The driver was at the baggage pick up with a large sign that had my name on it. He was very friendly and polite. Because we had over 14 bags the driver jump right in and helped us take the bags to the van. When I asked about our requested grocery stop he had overheard my DS say he forgot the stroller and offer to take us to the nearest WalMart even though it was out of the way going to SSR. The driver never complained about the extra wait even though it was more then 30 minutes that their website states. When we came out of WalMart he came right out and helped load the groceries and then it was on to SSR. Again at SSR he helped unload everything to bell service. We had the same driver for our return to MCO. We are flying in again in March '09 and I will use them again for just the two of us.

In August we used Southern Elegance limo service. They were great.

The owner himself answered the phone and took my reservation on a sunday afternoon. Then I had to make a change due to weather 12 hours before our arrival. He was super accomodating with not only the time change, but also the pick-up location change. He was polite, professional and yet very indulgent of my children's excitement about the limo. Cold water bottles and a movie for the kids to watch was an added bonus.

I am using Southern Elegance again for my upcoming trip. Their town car one way rate is $5 more than FL Tours and I KNOW the service will be great.

SE had no hidden fees, no extra charges, the quote provided to me included everything. The do meet and greet inside the airport at the baggage claim, and helped getting the bags to the car. (he managed to fit 7 suitcases, 1 duffle bag, 4 backpacks and a stroller all into the trunk of the car.)

Ditto! Miguel is great! My mom left her carry on bag with all her documents, passport, phone and credit cards in the limo on the return trip. Miguel overnighted it to her right away and nothing was even touched. We were so thankful that we did not have one of those nameless fly-by-night drivers! Southern Elegance for us too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter