If money were no object

V&A yet again.Price on the rest of Disfood isn't significantly higher than what I pay locally so it's not a "money's no object" type meal

V&A yet again.Price on the rest of Disfood isn't significantly higher than what I pay locally so it's not a "money's no object" type meal

I think the following Todd English Blue Zoo options are a little costly, but they sound so good...

Start with a seafood appetizer to share: Selection Platter - maine lobster tail, oysters, clams, jumbo shrimp, day's ceviche, tuna cruda, dipping sauces $49
Add the Beef Tenderloin - celery root, asparagus, seasonal mushrooms, warm salsify gel, veal jus $42
Include the side: Lobster Broccoli Stuffed Cheddar Potato $9
Mai Tai Banana Cream Tart - roasted pineapple and dark rum flambéed exotic fruit sorbet $14
plus a cocktail or two...$30.00

total for this indulgence for 1 person: $95.00 plus some portion of the appetizer - $110.00 per person?

or

Chef's Tasting - 5 course tasting menu created daily $79
Sommelier's wine pairing $30
Mai Tai Banana Cream Tart $14.00
$123.00 per person.

Granted $295.00 at VA is considerably more, but $123.00 per person is nothing to sneeze at.

Chef's Tasting - 5 course tasting menu created daily $79
Sommelier's wine pairing $30
Mai Tai Banana Cream Tart $14.00
$123.00 per person.

The chef's tasting comes with a dessert assortment such as this:
972325285_Fc9zf-M-2.jpg

(Yes, the creme brulee is on fire. It's also staggeringly good.)

I'm beyond a two-fisted eater, and I'd esplode if I had a "stand-alone" dessert in addition to the chef's tasting.

Top five favorite restaurents:
1-Victoria & Alberts
2-Yachtman Steakhouse
3-California Grill
4-Wolfgang Puck-Dining Room
5-Shula's

Honestly, I've never really felt priced out of anything that Disney has to offer. I guess the Victoria and Albert's chef's table is at the top of my current to-do list, though.

Based off of the places I've been to, I'd go with either Jiko or Narcoossee's.
I've always wanted to try V&A, but I'm not a seafood eater, and the sample menus I've seen always seem very fish heavy. And while my wife and I call ourselves foodies, I'm not sure either of us could do fois gras...
Bluezoo and Shula's both look good too, but I tend to stick with DDP restaurants (why pay for meals when I already have :-) )

The chef's tasting comes with a dessert assortment such as this:
972325285_Fc9zf-M-2.jpg

(Yes, the creme brulee is on fire. It's also staggeringly good.)

I'm beyond a two-fisted eater, and I'd esplode if I had a "stand-alone" dessert in addition to the chef's tasting.

I'm sold on this. I don't return until May 2012 - but bluezoo is on my list for sure. Money will be no object.

And while my wife and I call ourselves foodies, I'm not sure either of us could do fois gras...

Don't worry - V&A isn't allowed to serve it. Disney banned it from their restaurants a couple of years ago. You CAN get it at Bluezoo. It's been offered on the tasting menu both times I have asked about it.

However, the Bluezoo tasting menu isn't all that expensive compared to V&A, and they will apply the TIW discount to it, so if money is no object it's still V&A Chefs Table for me.

V&A and the the Chef's Tasting Menu at the Flying Fish are the only two restaurants that really make me stop and think...this is a bit over the top. I think the Disney prices are in line with the local costs. At WDW you are paying for the theme as well as the food. DD and I spent $70 on lunch following our Black Friday shopping. We do not eat out often, but when we do, we prefer good food and service over bargain prices. So, if money is no option ~ CT @ V&A for me.

When I first read this question I thought about restaurants....until I read the post about the private yacht. That is my choice! That would be soooo much fun!

While I would love to go to V&A, since I don't eat any type of seafood, I don't think it would be a great option.

My vote is for Shulas. We dine there once every trip but I wish I could eat there every night.

The thing about V&a is you can substitute any course you want. No seafood required.

The thing about V&a is you can substitute any course you want. No seafood required.

We asked about that here a few years ago and were berated for wanting to ask to skip the seafood unless we truly had an allergy (and even then suggested we eat elsewhere). In looking the menus people have posted there have been many items we would have loved to have. Glad to know that we can put it back on the list of things to do some trip (probably when we have the Platinum plan).

*sigh* V&A for sure. I just can't seem to bring myself to pull the trigger on the cost. On our upcoming trip to WDW & DCL, though, the Dream has Remy, whose menu was put together by the V&A chef and is quite similar. Now that is only $75/pp, and if I have the best luck in the world we'll get that one if all the concierge, platinum and gold cruisers don't snatch up all the ressies. :thumbsup2

BTW: TDC Nala, your Duffy pic made me snarf my coffee. Little warning next time? ;)

We asked about that here a few years ago and were berated for wanting to ask to skip the seafood unless we truly had an allergy (and even then suggested we eat elsewhere).

That doesn't mean you can't DO it. V&A will be pleased to substitute courses for you.

can someone tell me more about the Chef's table at V&A? I do have a seafood allergy but MH does not...where can I see the menu? I looked at Disney.com but I dont see it

Did I say that we love the California Grill? It's always our favorite. Best food, wine list, service, and we always go out on the roof for the Magic Kingdom Fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter