If money was not in question

Remember Poly is under construction for DVC, so for your friend, it might not be the best choice. I think a BW garden room, Grand Floridian, AKL savannah view. All are great choices. It's kind of a personal choice

My dream is to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Club level and great view, of course. I've never been, but it just looks so beautiful! Someday... :)

I am going to buck the trend and say even if money were no object I would choose a longer stay at a moderate. My favorite is PORS but my husband likes CBR and my daughter wants POFQ.

TO me it isn't so much about the hotel because we really don't spend a lot of time there. We only take vacation once a year (a big one anyway) and I would rather stay longer at a moderate than shorter at a deluxe.

Me too! Even if I were super rich, I couldn't justify the money to stay deluxe. I would much rather stay longer! POR is my fav!

OP---Go with your instincts. I have stayed GF TPV (CL and non CL) and AKL savannah. They are both fabulous!

We are staying at BC Garden view this time but as a dream vacation, I would probably pick split stay 6 nights BC CL Lagoon View and 6 nights Poly CL TPV.

We used to stay at CR TPV when Iwas young. It was awesome (though I was scared of fireworks at the time). But we would always visit GF and Poly during our trip and I always said to myself "when I am older I want to stay at poly". It's always been a dream.

We were toying with going there this year since the price was not far off from the BC, but husband wants to do an epcot resort and I've notice that Poly seems run down lately. Might wait until after they refurb.

What I would do? Beach Club. Love the style, and LOVE the walk to/from Epcot - I like to end a lot of days at Epcot and the "walk home" is a big plus.

What your friend should do? Decide which park they'll be spending the most time at (MK or Epcot/DHS). Then look at the Monorail resorts (if MK) or the Epcot resorts (if Ep/DHS) and choose the one that most appeals to them. If I had unlimited budget and wanted a resort near MK, it would be hard not to splurge on a Contemporary Tower Theme Park view - as with BC and Epcot, the ability to walk home at the end of the day would be appealing.

What your friend should do? Decide which park they'll be spending the most time at (MK or Epcot/DHS). Then look at the Monorail resorts (if MK) or the Epcot resorts (if Ep/DHS) and choose the one that most appeals to them.

:thumbsup2

Exactly what I was thinking. The ability to walk to a park is the number one perk of staying onsite in my book. :)

For myself and my family, probably a grand villa. I'd go with Bay Lake Tower but I'm not crazy about the fact that those Grand Villas are way up at the top (the view is spectacular but that high up I feel out of touch -- plus second son hates heights). The ones at Boardwalk are right on the lake, I think, which would be cool, and they're more the height range I like. Ditto the ones at the Grand Floridian.

We are staying at the Poly next week as our dream vacation and our kids first week long stay at Disney. Made our choice of wanting to be on the Monorail and of the 3 Poly was the one we all liked the most! Can't wait!!!! If we didn't want the monorail we probably would of went for WL

Poly Vacation 9/14-9/21!!!!!

Our dream vacation (if cost is not an issue) - I choose the Poly if it's just me and DH, Treehouse Villas if we are bringing kids along.

Wilderness Lodge, especially during the holidays! For our next trip we are looking into trying Bay Lake Towers or Beach Club for the first time.

It would have to be a split stay either BLT or WL CL ( especially if its the holidays) and BC we love the walk to/from Epcot!!!

I agree with the split stay idea - I love convenience! We are having our dream vacation in December. 1 night at the POP for late arrival, check in early the next day at the Poly for 4 nights, then 6 nights at the YC. That way, the only bus we have to take is to get to AK. :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter