• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If Le Cellier was 2 TS credits would you still go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowWitch

DIS Veteran
I just read on another thread that the plans are for it to be classified as 2 TS credits in Jan. We have dined there many times over the years and find it to be of good quality and good service but I would have to see some serious menu changes to consider it along side of CG, AP, and Jiko. What do others think?

I would try the other places you listed before doing LC for 2 credits, unless like you said, they update the menu in keeping with a 2TS credit place.

No I would not. Le Cellier is ok. In the past it used to be really good but lately just ok. Definitely not on par with Jiko or Cali Grill. I did make a ressie for our trip this year but only becuase dbf has never been there and we are on the dining plan. If it were just me...I would probably skip it.

No! I love Le Cel but there are too many great places to eat at Epcot to use 2 credits. It goes from the best value on ddp to the worst. Right now I'd say Brown Derby is the worst. ymmv

Le Cellier is our favorite restaurant in WDW....we absolutely love it. Saying that...there is no way I'd pay 2 TS credits to eat there....or any other 2 TS places for that matter (Citricos, California Grill, Narcoossee's, etc). There are simply way too many great restaurants that only cost 1 TS credit. I'd much rather eat at Kona Cafe AND Sanaa vs eating once at any of the 2 TS places.

I hope Le Cellier doesn't move to a 2 TS credit in 2011...because we won't eat there anymore if it does. But just in case, I landed 2 6:25pm ADR's on our trip in September....so if Le Cellier does switch...we'll get our fill first! :)

I got my friend an ADR for there when she went on her first WDW trip a couple of weeks ago, can't get one for myself in August :sad2: It was one of the highlights of the trip for her. She said her steak was so good she almost wept :rotfl: I love Le Cellier and I'm glad she got to go and loved it THAT much. I hate using 2 credits, but we are using 2 to go to CRT dinner, I'm not sure that I would say that would be "better" than Le Cellier so I guess I might possibly do 2Ts if I had to.

I should first admit that I've never eaten there. But, with that said, no - I wouldn't spend 2TS on it and this is why:

A restaurant in a park doesn't lend itself - in my mind - to "elegant dining." Yachtmsan, Narcoosee's, Citricos, etc., are all in resorts which allows for a "nicer" atmosphere. I can understand the 2TS for CRT because of the princesses and the idea of the castle, but if it weren't the castle, I wouldn't spend 2TS for it, either.

So, no...I'm a bit disappointed about the rumor of it moving to a 2TS restaurant because I'd hoped to try it this time. But not at 2TS credits. We'll skip it.

Yes we would. We do not usually do the dining plan, though, so them moving it to 2 ts would not affect us, except for the possibility of making it easier to get an ADR. :thumbsup2:

Other than being a good value on the DDP, I don't think the place is all that it's hyped up to be as a 1TS, let alone being a 2TS restaurant. For me it was good, but far from this incredible experience where time stands still while I eat a piece of beef drenched in musroom soup sitting on a bed of rice, oops I mean risotto.

If the menu were to stay the same and tables sitting so close together, my answer would be no way would I go there as a signature restaurant. However, with a revamped menu, better cuts of meat, and knowing that I will not wait 45 minutes past my ADR to finally get my table only to be seated next to the restroom entrance I may give it a return visit.

Sure. I never use the dining plan anyway. And moving Le Cellier to a signature experience might mean some positive changes for the restaurant, like removing some tables for more spacious seating and adding some more creative menu options. I welcome the change.

No, we've had steak in several other restaurants at WDW and I found nothing about Le Cellier that would indicate it should be a signature restaurant. I personally prefer the steak at Kona and Grand Floridian Cafe.

I should first admit that I've never eaten there. But, with that said, no - I wouldn't spend 2TS on it and this is why:

A restaurant in a park doesn't lend itself - in my mind - to "elegant dining." Yachtmsan, Narcoosee's, Citricos, etc., are all in resorts which allows for a "nicer" atmosphere. I can understand the 2TS for CRT because of the princesses and the idea of the castle, but if it weren't the castle, I wouldn't spend 2TS for it, either.

So, no...I'm a bit disappointed about the rumor of it moving to a 2TS restaurant because I'd hoped to try it this time. But not at 2TS credits. We'll skip it.

You make a very good point. We have eaten there many times and to be honest-it's already wearing on us. It's buckling under it's own hype IMO. Service and food are losing their luster and the wait to actually be seating is ridiculous. I understand they cannot predict exactly how long a table with sit-but to show up for 9:00pm ressie and not be seated until 9:45pm-10:00pm is a bit silly I think.

Also the 2 credit restaurants have a dress code-which I myself like. It raises the level of the place and adds to the overall experience. How well do you think that will be enforced in a Park?

Then there's the whole gimmicky theme thing they have going on at the Epcot restaurants. I noticed that the waitstaff for the upscale 2 credit restaurants are seasoned, knowledgeable people. And let me just come out and say it-adults and career servers. Currently LC has a lot of Canadian students working there. Pleasant and nice but not professionals. Are they going to forgo sticking with staffing form the country being represented and switch to long term seasoned locals?

Ok I think I just had a little rant for myself so I will end it by saying -no, I would not go if it was changed to a 2 credit TS meal.:rolleyes:

Don't think so. Uh-uh. No way. Ain't never gonna' happen.

Le Cellier has good food and I enjoy the atmosphere......but not for 2 TS credits.

Not a chance..Narcoossee's, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Artist Point all better for 2 credits.

Yes, I'd continue to eat there. I don't use the DDP (use my TiW card for 20% off instead), so it makes no difference to me. As others have said, if they go to 2TS on the DDP, it will hopefully make it easier to get ADR's.

With the exception of Bistro de Paris, which is not on the DDP, and it's considered elegant and upscale. They carved a rack of lamb for me tableside. They flambé a crepe dessert tableside. Lots of bells and whistles.

If they changed it to 2TS, wouldn't they also increase the prices?

Yep, more than likely, to make the perceived value worth the DDP credits.

You make a very good point. We have eaten there many times and to be honest-it's already wearing on us. It's buckling under it's own hype IMO. Service and food are losing their luster and the wait to actually be seating is ridiculous. I understand they cannot predict exactly how long a table with sit-but to show up for 9:00pm ressie and not be seated until 9:45pm-10:00pm is a bit silly I think.

Also the 2 credit restaurants have a dress code-which I myself like. It raises the level of the place and adds to the overall experience. How well do you think that will be enforced in a Park?

Then there's the whole gimmicky theme thing they have going on at the Epcot restaurants. I noticed that the waitstaff for the upscale 2 credit restaurants are seasoned, knowledgeable people. And let me just come out and say it-adults and career servers. Currently LC has a lot of Canadian students working there. Pleasant and nice but not professionals. Are they going to forgo sticking with staffing form the country being represented and switch to long term seasoned locals?

Ok I think I just had a little rant for myself so I will end it by saying -no, I would not go if it was changed to a 2 credit TS meal.:rolleyes:

Brown Derby is a 2 TS DDP credit restaurant, inside a theme park. They expect to serve guests in theme park clothing. At a resort, it's great to wear something slightly nicer, but it's still ok to go there in a tshirt and jeans.

As I said with Bistro de Paris earlier, it's an upscale restaurant in a theme park, and the staff is French. I think it's possible that the Canadians who work there can staff the restaurant well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter