• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If I take the monorail to Epcot, can I catch a bus to AKL..

MomofSixinSC

Mouseketeer
without going through Epcot?

I am trying to plan my resort hopping day with my six children. We won't have any park tickets to use that day, so i wouldn't be able to go through Epcot. I am following someone else's suggested schedule.

Here is the suggestion I am planning to follow: Leave Fort Wilderness on the boat to Wilderness Lodge. Then the boat to Contemporary. Then the monorail to Polynesian. Then the monorail to Grand Floridian. Then the monorail to Epcot. Then a bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge. Then a bus to DHS. Then a boat to all the Boardwalk area resorts. Then a bus to MK. Then a boat back to Fort Wilderness.

TIA for any advice!

Yes, you can take the monorail to Epcot and then a bus to AKL. The entrance to Epcot is outside the monorail. But when you take the monorail from the GF, you have to get off the resort monorail and transfer to the Epcot line.

I guess you are spending a day touring the resorts? Have fun!

a pretty convoluted method.

My suggestion:

Boat from Ft Wilderness to MK - bus from MK to AKL

Return: Bus from AKL to MK - boat to Ft Wilderness

OOPs didn't understand you WANTED to resort hop. Then, yes, your plan will get you to all those resorts.

Yes when you get off the monorail the bus area is to the right. If you are standing outside of Epcot looking at Spaceship Earth go to the right and you will find the bus area - you do NOT have to go into Epcot to do this.

The only place I wish was more accessible is FW, because my wife and I love the carriage rides/hay rides/bonfires.

Although, heading to the magic kingdom and taking a boat over at night is pretty nice! I'll never try to bus there again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter