If I rent points from a DVC owner, can I still do the dining plan?

LglBlonde

DIS Veteran
Right now we have a room w/ a package booked. We are considering renting DVC points to give my son his own room, which will help us ALL sleep better!

Can we still do the dining plan and if so how?

Yes, you can. You just have to have the member add the dining plan to the reservation they make for you. You pay for the plan when you check in.

I assume this also means you then purchase your tickets outside of the transaction?

yes - you can use ticketmania to get your tickets.

DVC members and their guest (you) don't need to buy tickets to get the DDP.

From the Dining Plan FAQ for this forum:
Yes, you must be staying at a Disney hotel and book a package, or be staying at an on-site DVC resort and staying on DVC points.
There is a lot of great information in the FAQ that you may want to know about as you're considering or planning on using the Dining Plan. The FAQ can be found here: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=16079998

I assume this also means you then purchase your tickets outside of the transaction?

Can you purchase the tickets..the same as the Dining Plan..and pay for it when you check in? Or do you have to buy the tickets from an outside source prior to arrival?

Can you purchase the tickets..the same as the Dining Plan..and pay for it when you check in? Or do you have to buy the tickets from an outside source prior to arrival?

Again, for someone staying at a DVC resort on points, purchasing park admission media isn't a requirement for being able to purchase the DDP. It's only a requirement if he/she wants to go into the parks.* ;) Yes, they could buy it at their resort when they check in, or at any park gate...or they could purchase it in advance at a discount (from WDW or from a reseller).

*Actually, it's not at all uncommon for someone to stay at a DVC resort and never set foot in the parks on that particular trip - there's obviously tons of things to do at WDW besides the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter