If I press the back button can we go to Orlando again?... last update 4/10

I'm subbing. popcorn::

I've read that the characters from UP are not out anymore at DHS. :confused3 I hope that I read incorrectly, as I'd love to see them again. They are quite fun actually.

We will also be there in September. (10th - 20th)

Hi Petals! Followed you over from my PTR

You can take a bus from the Polynesian Resort (where Ohana is located)

Last time I was there, they could both be found in the Animation Academy building

There is NOT a MNSSHP that night. I'm not sure why there wouldn't be a showing of Wishes. It is generally every night except when there is a special event. I'm wondering if maybe there is some outdated or incorrect info floating around out there.

Welcome on board :)
Thanks for the info as well
Someone said on a different thread wishes is on that night so it's all good :)

I'm subbing. popcorn::

I've read that the characters from UP are not out anymore at DHS. :confused3 I hope that I read incorrectly, as I'd love to see them again. They are quite fun actually.

We will also be there in September. (10th - 20th)

Welcome :)
I hope characters from UP are around they're cool.. My cousin was there in May I think and she got a pic of them then so fingers and toes crossed they'll still be there!

We arrive in florida on the 16th of Sept!

On the Pre-Trip stuff.. Today I ordered all our tickets for Universal :wizard:, Seaworld :fish: and Disney :smickey: and it's 52 days to go now :cheer2:

Joining in! We'll be at Pop from Sept 22-29th! The characters from Up are not around anymore. You can now meet Lotso from Toy Story 3 where the Up characters used to be in the Animation Building at the Studios.

I'd love to see some dancing pics from your previous trip. My DD is an Irish dancer. :goodvibes

Joining in! We'll be at Pop from Sept 22-29th! The characters from Up are not around anymore. You can now meet Lotso from Toy Story 3 where the Up characters used to be in the Animation Building at the Studios.

I'd love to see some dancing pics from your previous trip. My DD is an Irish dancer. :goodvibes

Aw :( I wanna see UP characters! Lotso is evil!
lol
Are you on facebook? The dance pics are on Facebook... They're not mine i "borrowed" them from other dance parents as we only got it on video!

Aw :( I wanna see UP characters! Lotso is evil!
lol
Are you on facebook? The dance pics are on Facebook... They're not mine i "borrowed" them from other dance parents as we only got it on video!

Yup, I'm on Facebook but I'm super hard to find unless you're a friend of a friend. I have very private settings. If you send me a PM with your name, I'll search for you! :goodvibes

Yup, I'm on Facebook but I'm super hard to find unless you're a friend of a friend. I have very private settings. If you send me a PM with your name, I'll search for you! :goodvibes

Cool.. will do!

In 5 minutes (Irish time) there's only 50 days to go :) :dance3::banana::cheer2:

So time for another flashback.. Day 8 last time our dance teacher had arranged buses for us all to go to:
DSCF2575.jpg

Busch Gardens!
It was a hot hot hot day!
First we went to their bird/pet show
DSCF2560.jpg

I thought the show was good. My mum fell asleep though! It was quite funny when some of the birds decided the treats were better than doing the tricks and refused to do anything they were supposed to be doing!
After the show it was so hot we needed ice-cream to cool off and sat watching a music show.. can't remember what the name of the group playing was but they were good and some were cute always a plus :)
DSCF2569.jpg

We also went on a train around an area around park... I think it was similar idea to safari in Animal Kingdom except train instead :)
DSCF2573.jpg

DSCF2593.jpg

DSCF2585.jpg

Around the park there was staff members holding animals as well so people could get up close or take pics with the animals.. here's a baby croc I got:
DSCF2565.jpg

Strangest but coolest thing of our trip happened in Busch Gardens as well last time. There was an Irish dance show on called Celtic Thunder in one of the cafes at the time so we said we'd go see it just out of curiousity. While we were waiting we were talking to an American couple at our table and they were asking us because we are Irish did we know anyone in the show of course we said no... little did I know!!
Waited for show to start another few minutes and next thing out dances one of the girls from my music class in College.. I was totally in shock but went up to her after and we caught up a bit so was cool! Neither of us knew the other one was in Florida so it was brill!
After show we just walked back to bus browsing shops and stuff as we went some random pics of Busch Gardens:
DSCF2571.jpg

DSCF2584.jpg

Oh better idea.. my profiles on super private as well so prob won't be able to find it so I remembered this page last night and hopefully ya don't need to log in to see it Florida dance pics
Let me know if it works for you

40 days from tommorrow I will be on holidays :) :yay:

Another flashback for ye...
Day 9 last time was meant to be a "rest day" lol Didn't really work that way... Firstly day 9 was Easter Sunday so I woke to find this at the end of the bed:
DSCF2651.jpg

Apparently the easter bunny had left one for the little girl we were sharing with and didn't want me to feel left out :)

Anyways after that we were meant to be taking it easy and it would have all gone to plan except some of the dancing mammies decided to get a taxi together to the Florida Mall and since we've never been there we decided to go along for a few hours.
This dude was in the middle of the shopping centre as well day that was in it and all that:
DSCF2596.jpg

Also got this pic in the disney store there:
DSCF2595.jpg

From what I remember we had practice for an unplanned dance show then that evening before we all headed to the Pirates Dinner Adventure on International Drive.. our group took up two sections of their arena and some of the younger dancers ended up on the ship at some stage in the show lol fun times!
DSCF2604.jpg

It was also one of the mini dancers birthdays so they brought her out a cake and everyone sang happy birthday and what not.. Fun night though and slightly different from parks ;)

Also on a random note was shopping last weekend and found some super cute disney socks
Photo0545.jpg

Do ya like them?? :)

So flight is like 8 or 9 hours besides sleep, read and watch the movie is there anything else one can do to amuse oneself for that long on a plane?

MY DOG ATE MINNIE MOUSE!!! :eek:
Photo0583.jpg

Went out to feed him and saw the little black thing on the ground which when I went to pick it up he ran off with. It was/is a croc button so I guess it fell off when I was out in the garden and he ate her. Just about managed to rescue her but she's all chewed up... :( (pic ain't great it's from my phone) Guess he's a little jealous at being left at home next month :rotfl:

As promised some discovery cove pics for chrissy1974...
We didn't get many pics and alot of what we did get turned out fairly dark. We got onen of the underwater cameras there but pics weren't the best with it.

We did discovery cove in 2005 as well so it might have changed a bit since we were there but when we arrived they hgave us our dolphin swim time and since we were doing that first we went to get wet suits etc and head to dolphin swim areas. They give you wet suits and all for the day. Before the dolphin swmi they give you some info about dolphins as well and then take you down to dolphin lagoon for swim. First they show people in groups of about 8 the dolphin doing tricks and let you feel the dolphin and get you to teach it some tricks. For the actual swim the bring you out further into the water but what I didn't cop and maybe it's just me being slow but where we were standing for the tricks was a kind of cliff and when you go to swim out it's gets very deep straight away.. I actually went under water *** I didn't cop that and not the strongest swimmer in the world but it was still worth it for the swim lol!

Anyways in Discovery Cove when I was there they had three main swimming areas the dolphin swim area. They also had a lagoon minus fish for swimmers
dc.jpg

lagoon.jpg

They also have another area where you can swim with fish and rays and I think there's also a shark area in that pool but I didn't go look for it *** it was in the deeper end but I did get some pics of the fish under water:
scan0001.jpg

scan0003.jpg

I also found a Dory!!!
dory.jpg

There's also a bird garden type thing where you can walk through and you can get bird food and feed the birds as you go around.
scan0002.jpg

If i can find the video I'll try get more pics off that as well.

no probs.. If I can find the right video with the discovery cove footage on it there'll prob be more pics but can't find it right now lol!

Oh and did I mention 35 days left :) :banana::banana::banana:

33 days to go! :) Oh and we booked tickets to see Wicked and the Lion King on broadway during New York end of the trip!
Have a flashback :)
Day 10 was an unplanned dance day at:
DSCF2619.jpg

I think one of the dad's knew someone that worked there or something of the sort anyway somehow we ended up doing our show there out in the sunshine outside the imax theatre and the best bit.. we were the first ever Irish dancers to perform there :D Some astronaut came out to talk to us after as well which was brill!
After the show we went on a bus out to the shuttle launch site but didn't have a lot of time there before we headed back to hotel.
Didn't really get many pics that day it's mostly video of the show but here are two I did get..
DSCF2621.jpg

DSCF2622.jpg

That evening was a take it easy evening as we had our Disney dance day the next day so we just went cinema in Universals Citywalk to see Horton hears a who!! I was really surprised at how cheap it was for cinema over there compared to home it was 4 dollars where over here it'd be about 9 or 12 dollars depending on whether it's a 3D movie or not!
Anyways this dude was in the Lobby of the cinema:
DSCF2624.jpg

One month to go :banana::banana::banana::dance3::dance3:

A few random questions for fun
I want to get a pygmy puff in WWOHP so what should I call it?

And going to start putting together packing list so I can gather bits I need and don't have etc in the next few weeks so what are important things to bring besides clothes!

Also any tips on how to amuse oneself for nine hours on an aeroplane?

One month to go :stitch2:
Another flashback:
Day 11 from 2008 and we became HONOURY CAST MEMBERS for the second time in Florida :)
It was raining but our dance teach said that was just to remind us of home! We arrived in park I think two hours ahead of show. Parents all went into the park and we went backstage to get ready and have a quick practice. Then we were driven to the Galaxy Theatre in Tomorrowland for our performance... Mam didn't get any pics of the show she got it all on video so the only pics I have are from other dancers and they're on my facebook if you want to see them :)
After the show we headed for my favourite ride Small world:
DSCF2629.jpg

DSCF2635.jpg

DSCF2640.jpg

I love the fact that they include Ireland in Small world as well :)
DSCF2632.jpg

After that we just wandered around the park for a bit. We did a bit of pressie shopping and found this little homeware shop in one corner of fantasyland where I got a lovely purple eeyore mug :)
DSCF2641.jpg

Like I said before I think we miss an awful lot of the parks so hoping to make up for that this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter